C Jiri Kulich - Rochester Americans, AHL (2022, 28th, BUF)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
He's obviously not, not even close actually.

Yeah I don't see it. He is obviously a very talented kid to be making moves like the one he pulled on Jiricek, but when I've watched him he's looked timid and in-over-his-head. Also, while he's a good skater, he's nowhere near Necas' ability, IMO.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Yeah I don't see it. He is obviously a very talented kid to be making moves like the one he pulled on Jiricek, but when I've watched him he's looked timid and in-over-his-head. Also, while he's a good skater, he's nowhere near Necas' ability, IMO.
Not many players are great skaters like Necas, and i say that he is better, not that he has elite skating.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Not many players are great skaters like Necas, and i say that he is better, not that he has elite skating.
I really like Kulich, but to say that he is better than Nečas. Ok, again ..
Nečas is also an elite skater and perhaps Nečas was and is better in almost everything else. But there's probably no point in arguing about it :)

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
I really like Kulich, but to say that he is better than Nečas. Ok, again ..
Nečas is also an elite skater and perhaps Nečas was and is better in almost everything else. But there's probably no point in arguing about it :)
Kulich is so strong along the boards and on skates, he has elite brain, great hands, his puck protection is way above Necas at his age and he is simply much better player than Necas. Necas was great in Kometa, but Kulich is fcking amazing everytime he is on ice. Strong, amazing wrist-shot, shifty, quick hands and good head on shoulders, he is locked 1st rounder maybe top 20 pick.

Reactions: czech

Ethansavestheday

Nov 18, 2019
Kulich is so strong along the boards and on skates, he has elite brain, great hands, his puck protection is way above Necas at his age and he is simply much better player than Necas. Necas was great in Kometa, but Kulich is fcking amazing everytime he is on ice. Strong, amazing wrist-shot, shifty, quick hands and good head on shoulders, he is locked 1st rounder maybe top 20 pick.
Kulich might have Necas beat in the strength department and he might have a slightly higher IQ and awareness but Necas has a combo of speed, skill and vision that is unmatched. He can slice through an entire NHL team at times. Kulich is good but Necas has game breaking abilities.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Kulich might have Necas beat in the strength department and he might have a slightly higher IQ and awareness but Necas has a combo of speed, skill and vision that is unmatched. He can slice through an entire NHL team at times. Kulich is good but Necas has game breaking abilities.
I agree, this is the strength of Nečas.
As I have already written, I like Kulich, but Nečas is undoubtedly a better player in hockey (I do not evaluate strength and play along the guardrail at the same age, for example, Kulich is better there). However, Kulich could become such a type of player as the players of the Swiss team come to me (someone may grab his head now ..), although they do not have so many talented players on paper, they play all the more responsibly backwards, they still fight honestly and they are surprisingly handy even with a puck. More such Kulich ..

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Love this kids game and motor.

I have a hard time seeing better than Necas though. Thought Martin should have gone top5/6 in 2017. What were teams thinking?? I laughed when the Rangers took Lias Andersson above him and had to wonder about NHL scouting in general with some of the poor choices in the top15 of that draft.

Kulich should be a big riser by draft time.

Reactions: Goodman68

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Interesting. I keep not seeing many points but most those guys have made at least a cup of coffee in NHL.. he seems to split between first and second round predictions a lot.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
That tweet is from November.

He now has 11 points in 38 games, which means he has only had 2 points in his last 18 games.

Still impressive he's playing with men and doing pretty well, but if he had maintained his pace from earlier in the year he'd probably be getting top 10-20 hype.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Definitely the type of player I would take in the Middle of the first round or with a 2nd first round pick. I really liked what I saw at the WJC from him.

He projects as a winger correct?

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Definitely the type of player I would take in the Middle of the first round or with a 2nd first round pick. I really liked what I saw at the WJC from him.

He projects as a winger correct?
he seems like center to me, winger secondary maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad