C Frederik Gauthier (2013, 21st, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SchennSational1022*

He seems like a bigger, but less offensive potential type of prospect compared to Laughton. That's not a slight to Gauthier, I just think Laughton's offensive game will shock some people in the NHL.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Was hoping Gauthier would get off to a better start for the Oceanic. Held pointless in his first game this year. -1 but was solid in the face-off circle.

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site
Pronman had good things to say about his game, despites the minus-3....

@coreypronman: On Gauthier tonight: Made plays in both ends. Very good skater for big man, good vision. Avgish puck skill, but otherwise all good signs.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Expecting Frederik to continue his strong 2 way play, but really a better than PPG average this season. Had 60 points in 62 games last season, in the QMJHL this is lukewarm at best. Let's see him up that to atleast 1.25 per game this year. Don't think this is unrealistic for a first rd pick.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not pressing the panic button yet, but Frederik went pointless in his 3rd game since being returned to the QMJHL.

3 GP 0 goals, 1 assist. -3

Not off to a good start for the Leafs 1st rd pick in 2013.

Mar 12, 2009
Man, two more games of this and it's time to trade him for a late round pick. He would be too far gone by that point.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Man, two more games of this and it's time to trade him for a late round pick. He would be too far gone by that point.

I'm sure he will pick it up as the season goes on, we know he is a good 2 way #3C prospect when we drafted him, however, most Leafs fans were hoping he would show an offensive side that may make him a top 6 C prospect.

Yes, I know the sample is ridiculously small, but 1 point in 3 games in the high scoring Q, the kid has got to do better.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Not pressing the panic button yet, but Frederik went pointless in his 3rd game since being returned to the QMJHL.

3 GP 0 goals, 1 assist. -3

Not off to a good start for the Leafs 1st rd pick in 2013.

And he was absolutely slaughtered in the faceoff dot in game three. Not a good start indeed.

Mar 12, 2009
:sarcasm:

Forgot you can't be sarcastic on here without the emoticon because too many people on here say ridiculous things in seriousness on a regular basis.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
I'm sure he will pick it up as the season goes on, we know he is a good 2 way #3C prospect when we drafted him, however, most Leafs fans were hoping he would show an offensive side that may make him a top 6 C prospect.

Yes, I know the sample is ridiculously small, but 1 point in 3 games in the high scoring Q, the kid has got to do better.

Hopefully not another Biggs.

Proust*

Dec 8, 2010
He's a 1st round pick playing in the Q = If he was only at 1 PPG, it should be considered struggling....

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

The "high-scoring Q", has less goals than the OHL, and on par with the W. That old assertion is long dead.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hopefully not another Biggs.

Biggs had a good rookie year in the OHL last year. Not disappointed in him at all. Needs a year or 2 in the AHL. Only 20.

Percy looked fanstastic this preaseason, like what I saw. Leivo who I have long said may turn out to be the best player drafted by the Leafs in 2011, is looking every bit a NHL in the near future.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The "high-scoring Q", has less goals than the OHL, and on par with the W. That old assertion is long dead.

Drouin had 105 pts in 49 games last season, granted he is a special player but it's not a league where scoring goals is a problem, some guy named Ben Duffy had 110 points in 68 games.

Point is if Gauthier is going to be a top 6C that most Leafs fans had hoped he would develop into, he has to drastically improve his PPG average this year.

Being a PPG player this year will almost match his output in his draft year, would this be deemed a success if that is all he can muster this season?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Drouin had 105 pts in 49 games last season, granted he is a special player but it's not a league where scoring goals is a problem, some guy named Ben Duffy had 110 points in 68 games.

Point is if Gauthier is going to be a top 6C that most Leafs fans had hoped he would develop into, he has to drastically improve his PPG average this year.

Being a PPG player this year will almost match his output in his draft year, would this be deemed a success if that is all he can muster this season?

Some guy named Charles Sauralt had 108 in 68 in the OHL.

Brendan Shinnimin had 134 points in the WHL in 69 games. Whats your point?

Every single year there are 20 year olds who tear up the three junior leagues. Both the OHL and WHL have been the higher scoring leagues over the past 5 years.

Gauthier wasn't drafted to produce points. Any Leafs fans who expect that are in for a let down. He will still be a top player in the league either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad