C Cutter Gauthier - (2022, 5th, PHI; traded to ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Lol Leclair and Sharp wern't there to negotiate jfc, merely to say hey what's up man good game. Ya'll are crazy.
No, they were there to try to get him talking to the organization again. After he told them not to contact him. Why else would they waste their time there? You are either incredibly naive or are looking through it through the most pro-Flyers lens possible

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
To be fair, a lot of Flyers fans on here were not big Gauthier fans going all the way back to his draft. The criticisms are not inconsistent – I’ve had plenty of arguments with his critics over it. I personally never thought those criticisms of Gauthier were major impediments to his potential and still don’t, but they are not arguing in bad faith here.

The critiques are real observations of his game, but they’re also the things that make him an elite player. He’s the kind of player that just doesn’t carry the puck very much. He attacks by finding space and releasing the puck shortly after it hits his stick. That makes him seem invisible or disengaged for stretches compared to a player that’s able to attack the neutral zone with speed or establish sustained possession with the puck on his stick in the offensive zone — that’s not Gauthier. If he tried to be that player, he wouldn’t be leaning into his elite skills. He’s a rare player who can score regularly from low danger areas, so it’s not clear to me why you wouldn’t want him to shoot from low danger areas, even if sometimes it seems like a “low IQ“ play or whatever.
And that’s actually what the Ducks need. They have plenty of guys that want to create with the puck on their stick and not enough big guys that can finish and provide a nice size/speed/scoring combo.

Reactions: MD93

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I like this deal more for Anaheim but there's something about the deal that I don't like for Gauthier. I really thought Torts would be the perfect coach to get the most out of him. Gauthier has an incredible physical package but he's rarely getting the most out of it. He's too content to just be a shooter, he needs to be pushed.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
No, they were there to try to get him talking to the organization again. After he told them not to contact him. Why else would they waste their time there? You are either incredibly naive or are looking through it through the most pro-Flyers lens possible
The lengths gone to make excuses for a petulant child is mind boggling ITT

"He seemed excited and that's exactly what you want to hear from a GM you're going to be working with".

I'm proud of Verbeek for passing Cutter Gauthier's interview process.
Oh just wait a couple months and I’m sure Gauthier will have changed his mind again.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This is going to get old really fast. Can you just make a “I hate Cutter Gauthier” thread on the flyers board to get your edgy comments out so everyone else doesn’t have to read this shit for the next decade?
Honestly he’s right, everyone including myself should keep the thread about the prospect, guys a kid anyways. Keep your feelings out of it.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
This is going to get old really fast. Can you just make a “I hate Cutter Gauthier” thread on the flyers board to get your edgy comments out so everyone else doesn’t have to read this shit for the next decade?
Sure as soon as there's an "I hate Michkov and russian players" thread created.

Reactions: antman12

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
he seemed upset because he got death threats lol.. not saying there right but what did this diva expecct tohappen in todays climate of social media toxicity ? you pissed off a top 3-5 fanbase in your sport by ghosting them are you really surprised you got death threats in your inboxes? hes gonna be a bust in the nhl i just feel it lol

Reactions: Alienblood

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
he seemed upset because he got death threats lol.. not saying there right but what did this diva expecct tohappen in todays climate of social media toxicity ? you pissed off a top 3-5 fanbase in your sport by ghosting them are you really surprised you got death threats in your inboxes? hes gonna be a bust in the nhl i just feel it lol
Are you really trying to suggest that anyone, much less a 19 year old shouldn't find death threats from random strangers upsetting?

Kid displeased from having strangers tell him they wish he was dead, clear sign of mental issues that will cause him to bust. What a ridiculous take.

hockey20000

Dec 23, 2018
Are you really trying to suggest that anyone, much less a 19 year old shouldn't find death threats from random strangers upsetting?

Kid displeased from having strangers tell him they wish he was dead, clear sign of mental issues that will cause him to bust. What a ridiculous take.
i am saying he shouldnt be surprised giving todays climate . i aint saying its right to do it.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005

Death threats are cowardly.

So is quitting on your team that used a top 5 pick on you after you said you were born to play for them and refusing to give them a reason.

It's a different cowardly, but it still is.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
i am saying he shouldnt be surprised giving todays climate . i aint saying its right to do it.
Not being surprised and finding it upsetting enough to tell the media about it are two different things. Like it's one thing for Philly fans to pile on him publicly and say they hate him. Yeah you should expect that and move on. To have people tell you they want to kill you or make threats that they will kill you, it's never happened to me but I'd imagine that psychologically it's a very different experience.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA

So is quitting on your team that used a top 5 pick on you after you said you were born to play for them and refusing to give them a reason.

I didn’t get the agents comments either. “The team is not entitled to have you play for them if they drafted you” or something. Isn’t that exactly what the draft does?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

So it evens out? What other point could you be trying to make other than "yeah unhinged no lifes who threatened to kill a 19 year old bad, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Gauthier leaving is just as bad just a different kind of bad."

Like neither of those takes are good.

CanuckistanFlyerfan

May 10, 2005
So it evens out? What other point could you be trying to make other than "yeah unhinged no lifes who threatened to kill a 19 year old bad, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Gauthier leaving is just as bad just a different kind of bad."

Like neither of those takes are good.

I didn't say it evened out. They are different. But what he did is also cowardly. He must have known he would take a lot of heat for it, or he's pretty naive. Does he deserve death threats? No. But he should certainly man up and explain why he bailed on a team.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I didn't say it evened out. They are different. But what he did is also cowardly. He must have known he would take a lot of heat for it, or he's pretty naive. Does he deserve death threats? No. But he should certainly man up and explain why he bailed on a team.
Okay well then your point is pure whataboutism. The issue of what Gauthier should have done differently if he was more mature or had more integrity has been discussed ad nauseum. You're using a separate discussion about how shitty and pathetic it is that some grown adults respond to things that upset them by making death threats as a springboard to bring the focus back on why the kid is shitty.

And insofar as Gauthier should have expected it, just because it might have been an expected outcome wouldn't make it not upsetting to read that some randoms threatened to end your life. I don't get what's so hard about this. The kid is 19 years old and that's not a normal occurrence that just happens to people all the time. So I don't really get why you and the Ottawa fan are acting like he should be equipped to just "get over it" at 19 years old.

barriers

Feb 10, 2020
I didn’t get the agents comments either. “The team is not entitled to have you play for them if they drafted you” or something. Isn’t that exactly what the draft does?
No, it's not. It gives you exclusive rights to sign the player for 'x' amount of time. A player not signing with a team is a risk every GM takes with every single draft pick they make.

The team is equally not entitled to have you play for them if they drafted you as you are not guaranteed a contract if you are drafted by them.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
true, super irrational of gautheir…. Death threats over a player not signing with your favorite sport team should be an accepted part of society

Reactions: OKR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad