C Connor McDavid (2015, 1st, EDM) VII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
I would love to see an Edmonton- Buffalo 4 year Stanley Cup battle ala the NYI-Oilers 80s rivalry with McDavid and Eichel leading their teams. would be awesome for hockey. Both players look like it will be a very short adjustment to the NHL. As a Sabres fan I couldn't be happier with Eichel but I will be checking out the Oilers every chance I get. I still can't believe Matthews only missed the draft by a couple days. Three generational players in the same draft would have been phenomenal.

Really want Arizona to land Matthews.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
I can't make my own thread but do you guys agree or disagree that tsn is making its own articles about McDavid? I mean they're calling it the McDavid watch.. Isn't that a little too much considering how much pressure he's getting already?

habsrule4eva3089

Nov 22, 2008
I can't make my own thread but do you guys agree or disagree that tsn is making its own articles about McDavid? I mean they're calling it the McDavid watch.. Isn't that a little too much considering how much pressure he's getting already?

Still not comparable to what Sid got.

After each game his first season, there was a sort of ''The Next One'' watch, time on ice,pts, every stat detailed. They had it on nearly all Canadian sports station, it was quite ridiculous.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Still not comparable to what Sid got.

After each game his first season, there was a sort of ''The Next One'' watch, time on ice,pts, every stat detailed. They had it on nearly all Canadian sports station, it was quite ridiculous.

It's pretty ridiculous right now, I mean the kids going to be a great player but why put so much more added pressure on him then what's already needed. I didn't start following hockey religiously until about 4 years ago so i dont have the full idea of how bad the sid hype was, but I did hear quite a bit about him even though I was a casual

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
if he was born 2 days earlier, he be a coyote right now.

There's no guarantee that Buffalo takes Eichel if Matthews is available. A lot of scouts have Matthews ranked above Jack. and I happen to agree. So, in all likelihood, Matthews goes #2 to Buffalo and Jack lands in Arizona.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
There's no guarantee that Buffalo takes Eichel if Matthews is available. A lot of scouts have Matthews ranked above Jack. and I happen to agree. So, in all likelihood, Matthews goes #2 to Buffalo and Jack lands in Arizona.

They have him ranked above Eichel with the expectation of what Matthews will do this year in his draft year. I dont think any scout would take him over Eichel in same draft. Eichel was coming over a record setting NCAA year

As for McDavey, Lebrun was on the radio the other day gushing about him, the matter of Stamkos came up and he was quoated as saying:

I was there in the room with the rest of my ESPN.com cohorts in early September in Toronto during the media/player tour when Stamkos said what he said about Connor McDavid and I know he’s tried to diffuse that quote since, but we asked him three times in that room if he was serious about what he said, and he said, ‘Yes.’ “

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
It's pretty ridiculous right now, I mean the kids going to be a great player but why put so much more added pressure on him then what's already needed. I didn't start following hockey religiously until about 4 years ago so i dont have the full idea of how bad the sid hype was, but I did hear quite a bit about him even though I was a casual

Honestly I doubt TSN doing what they're doing has any effect on McDavid. He may not even be aware of it.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Good job.
Watching the Oilers game and missed a 2 on 1 with McDavid because they need to show the picture over the whole screen of every player who got a point on the last goal. Jesus Christ.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Looks like McDavid is settling in nicely. Several rushes up the ice leading to dangerous offensive chances. Just dangerous almost every time he takes a shift on the ice. Very very skilled.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Could have had a few goals, but he'll have to figure out NHL goalies a little bit. In this one, those moves on his plays in tight both would have easily been goals in junior, but both times the goalie got a toe on it (both incredible saves, though). Taking more outside shots would make his moves more dangerous as well. He'll get there with time.

But yes, very, very skilled. His movements are so ****ing effortless, it's beautiful. And made some gorgeous setups on more than one occasion.

victor

Sep 6, 2003
Looks like McDavid is settling in nicely. Several rushes up the ice leading to dangerous offensive chances. Just dangerous almost every time he takes a shift on the ice. Very very skilled.

Both defenders are watching him. Tonight, Lander was the recipient of it, and left with a hat trick.

McDavid +1 (on for three for, zero against, two scored on the PP,) with an assist on one of Lander's goals. Two takeaways, no giveaways. Liked to see him and Hall on the PK.

Fun to watch.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Good job.
Watching the Oilers game and missed a 2 on 1 with McDavid because they need to show the picture over the whole screen of every player who got a point on the last goal. Jesus Christ.

Yep, can't wait for preseason to end so amateur broadcasting hour can stop.

Anyhow, I still get roasted for this but Lander has been the Oilers best player all preseason - always setting up a player, winning puck battles, scoring, etc. McJesus just gets the hype (whether he plays or not).

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011

In all likelihood Mathews goes 1 to Edmonton, Eichel goes two to Buffalo, and McDavid goes 3 to Arizona.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Disgusting game by him tonight. He makes something happen every single shift. Huge saves on two breakaways and a couple more remarkable saves by Lindback stopped this from being a 8-0 blowout for the Oilers, and a 4 point night for the guy.

He's leagues ahead of everyone else on the ice. He makes passes you won't see another player in the league make.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I've had to revise my prediction that Hall will lead the Oilers in points this season. McDavid is just special. I've tried to be conservative with my expectations, but this kid just makes it so hard. Not a knock on Hall.

pckstpr31

Jul 13, 2010
CGY
Disgusting game by him tonight. He makes something happen every single shift. Huge saves on two breakaways and a couple more remarkable saves by Lindback stopped this from being a 8-0 blowout for the Oilers, and a 4 point night for the guy.

He's leagues ahead of everyone else on the ice. He makes passes you won't see another player in the league make.

No chance there are extended highlights or the full game around anywhere hey? Would love to just watch his game.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Hes so incredible to watch. Simply on another level. He continues to put up points and look outstanding out there, but he still has to learn to shoot more. I think his problem is hes trying to be too nice and give the puck up to vets all the time. He needs to get a bit more selfish. My one suprise from his game is how complete it is. Hes already sound defensively and very aware out there. As he get more experience I wouldnt be surprised to see a selke nomination. Dont see too many rookies look as good defensively as him. He has a Fedorv-eque approach to his two way play were his speed and smarts can break up alot of plays

Other than that, his preseason has been unreal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad