C Calum Ritchie - Oshawa Generals, OHL (2023, 27th, COL)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I think that’s a fair assessment of him.

I guess the question boils down to: In a draft as good as this one, do you want to use a top-10 selection on Ritchie? It‘s something to keep an eye on going forward.

It certainly is something to keep an eye on in a very exciting draft year as well.

There are always risers and fallers in a draft year and some teams draft more for character than just flat out offense and that's the type of team that will take him in the top 10 if the draft were held today.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Man his production is pretty poor for a projected top 10 guy is a supposedly high end draft. 12 points in 15 games ain’t gonna cut it.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
5 games straight without points now. Is Oshawa just that bad? Is there a chance he finishes with only like 50-55 points this season?
Oshawa sucks this year. Ritchie needs some guys who can finish what he creates. He’s been a bit inconsistent this year so far but he’s clearly the best player on that team.

He’s going to need some seasoning, but he has good upside at the NHL level I think.

Man his production is pretty poor for a projected top 10 guy is a supposedly high end draft. 12 points in 15 games ain’t gonna cut it.
There aren’t a lot of guys who have been significantly better in the CHL especially and you are drafting Ritchie more for his potential. I really think the points are a bit deceiving.

Reactions: Nabrules

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
This is one of the more surprising stories so far in the draft year. I thought he was very impressive through the Hlinka camp and during Hlinka, like, so impressive that I find it hard to believe his team quality could drag him down.

Then again Otto Stenberg is also not producing.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Be a little happier if somehow the words points, goals and assists came after a couple of those 7s and 3s....This kid is so intriguing, really curious to see how much of the early season hype reappears if he closes the year off strong.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
5 Goals and 4 assists in his last 5 games. Check out this snipe. Definitely still a 1st round talent here.

I've been following this guy for a while and have thought for quite a while what a good all around 1st rounder he might become as well as more valuable in NHL terms than some of his draft mates who will continue to be picked ahead of him in fantasy pools.

Some Savvy team that makes the playoffs will be getting a huge SC bump picking him later in the first round.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
I've been following this guy for a while and have thought for quite a while what a good all around 1st rounder he might become as well as more valuable in NHL terms than some of his draft mates who will continue to be picked ahead of him in fantasy pools.

Some Savvy team that makes the playoffs will be getting a huge SC bump picking him later in the first round.
I don’t know I could still definitely see him going top 15. I like his upside. He plays a mature game and has great vision.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don’t know I could still definitely see him going top 15. I like his upside. He plays a mature game and has great vision.

I still see him going in the top 20. It's not like the tools aren't there, the production hasn't been.. but if he stays hot and has a good end of the year, teams aren't gonna wait too long to select a rangy center with skill.

Reactions: ponder

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Another 1 G + 1 A so far tonight against the very good 67's.

I feel Ritchie will be one of those players who won't get a ton of hype going into the draft but once he reaches the NHL he'll be a solid 50+ point C.
And then ended the game by beating Habs prospect Vinzenz Rohrer up the ice and putting this move on Preds prospect Jack Matier, to set up his linemate for the empty net

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
oh hell no- we dont need another safe middle 6 forward.

This guy isnt even scoring at a point per game in his draft year in a weak ohl
points do not tell the story...he had a very slow 1st half...made up for a good 2nd half and had over a point per game in the 2nd half of the season. The guy makes stuff happen everytime he is on the ice...kids is going to be a good one......Remember when Ryan O'Reilly never had a point per game in his draft year, went 2nd round despite being the 1st overall pick in the OHL draft...kind of turned out for Colorado who drafted him now other teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad