C Bo Horvat (2013, 9th overall, Vancouver)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
During prospect camp, he's going to answer questions on twitter from the Canucks' twitter account (if you want to ask, use the hashtag #AskBoHo).

Some of the questions people are asking are pretty funny
https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=#AskBoHo&src=hash

Cole Weston ‏@WestonCole 22m
@VanCanucks what is your opinion on the hybrid capitalist economic system co-existing with it's communist political system in China

TOMapleLaughs ‏@TOMapleLaughs 39m
BoHo? Any relation to CoHo? Canucks fans hope not. #AskBoHo

Andrew Favro ‏@AndrewFavro 1h
#AskBoHo Who would win in a fight between an alligator and mongoose?

Yellow Canuck ‏@YellowCanuck 1h
@VanCanucks @BoHorvat Are you prepared for Torts to say you suck on the power play? #AskBoHo

Mimerez ‏@DavidMimerez 2h
Are the @VanCanucks your team of choice? Would you have wanted to be drafted by another team? #AskBoHo

Avery Knudson ‏@aKnudson69 2h
@VanCanucks have u ever had a menage a trois? #AskBoHo

Bobby Scribe ‏@kingsofhockey 2h
@BoHorvat how would you characterize your diving skill today? What efforts will you make to improve to fit in with your teammates? #askboho

Dolly P ‏@ufcdoll 2h
@VanCanucks can you give luongo a big hug for me please #askboho

J ‏@CrownRoyal22 2h
When do you begin diving lessons? #AskBoHo

Nuckles37 ‏@Nuckles37 2h
@VanCanucks @BoHorvat Would you have traded Luongo instead of Schneider? #AskBoHo

MISC*

Wonder if Torts could groom him in to his next Ryan Callahan.

Would make me very happy.

ROR.
Callahan.
Bergeron.
Richards.
Kesler.

Any of those players.

Kershaw

If his floor downside is Patrice Bergeron or Mike Richards, I doubt he drops that far.

Thegame

Jul 28, 2013
Bo Horvat

Do you guys think he could crack the 3rd line this year on Vancouver and what's his upside?

JMcLeaf

There's certainly a chance, but I think it would be better for his development if he goes back. I hope he comes back because the Knights need him :)

good 2nd line C, 50-60 pt player

Aela*

He could end up on the 3rd or 4th line for VAN especially if they want to give someone like gaunce or schroeder a chance as well, who he is imo a better player then. His upside can go 1 of two ways, either he'll become a very good defensive forward who pots a fair amount of points each year, or he'll become a defensively responsible offensive powerhouse, ala kesler.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Patience is the key with prospects.

It would not be wise for Vancouver to get him in there this early. I even questioned the Sean Couturier direct jump even though he had a great rookie season.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

It would not be wise for Vancouver to get him in there this early. I even questioned the Sean Couturier direct jump even though he had a great rookie season.

Couturier had played three years of junior hockey (because he had a late birthday) before he played in the NHL - and he was a more dominant player in his junior career than Horvat's have been.

I think Horvat will be a great player but imo it would be a major mistake if Vancouver brought him to the team next year. The game I saw from Horvat last year did not look NHL-ready and he would benefit from another year in London to hopefully try to dominate.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
I hope Horvat stays in the OHL this season. I would rather give Schroeder or Gaunce the 3C spot in that order.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

There was literally nothing left for him to prove in the QMJHL. I'm sure the Flyers would have liked to had the option to send him to the AHL but it was the NHL where he would be challenged or back to the QMJHL where he wouldn't.

Couturier
-58RSGP 31PTS 19PGP 8PTS
-68RSGP 96PTS 14PGP 18PTS
-58RSGP 96PTS 10PGP 14PTS

Horvat
-64RSGP 30PTS 18PGP 4PTS
-67RSGP 61PTS 21PGP 23PTS

Add in the fact that Couturier is a December birthdate while Horvat is an April birthdate. The situation's aren't really comparable.

Horvat has the Memorial Cup & likely the WJC's to look forward to this year. If he has a good year then this becomes more of an interesting discussion next year.

Last edited:

StringerBell

He could definitely get 9 games. I don't think keeping him up for the whole year is the best move for his future.

tony d

New poll series coming from me in June
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I think the guy's going to be a solid player for a long time in the NHL but I can't see him making that team this year.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Canucks fan. I think he *could* win the 3C spot if he has a strong camp - we have a hodge podge of players contending for that spot but no clear incumbent - but I don't think he will get it nor do I think he should. The risk with Horvat isn't that he doesn't play in the NHL - he is probably the closest of any 2013 pick to being a sure-thing - but that he doesn't produce sufficient offense to be a top 6 player. That risk would be increased by playing his 18 yo season in a role where his offensive opportunities would be minimal. No PP, mostly defensive minutes. He is far better served - and by extension so are the Canucks - by sending him back to London to be the 1C between Domi and McCarron, playing big minutes, PP, Mem Cup, WJC, etc. At the end of the day, I don't think he adds enough to the Canucks' roster NOW to be worth jeapordizing his development.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
There was literally nothing left for him to prove in the QMJHL. I'm sure the Flyers would have liked to had the option to send him to the AHL but it was the NHL where he would be challenged or back to the QMJHL where he wouldn't.

Couturier
-58RSGP 31PTS 19PGP 8PTS
-68RSGP 96PTS 14PGP 18PTS
-58RSGP 96PTS 10PGP 14PTS

Horvat
-64RSGP 30PTS 18PGP 4PTS
-67RSGP 61PTS 21PGP 23PTS

Add in the fact that Couturier is a December birthdate while Horvat is an April birthdate. The situation's aren't really comparable.

Horvat has the Memorial Cup & likely the WJC's to look forward to this year. If he has a good year then this becomes more of an interesting discussion next year.

Agree with this. Couturier had no reason to go back to Juniors. His poor offensive production in the NHL is a product of how the Flyers use him. When he played in the AHL during the lockout, he had 28pts in 31 games. The offense will come when he gets more offensive minutes (if he ever does).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad