C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Alright - Time for a new Adam Fantilli thread. I’ll provide an update on what transpired in the last one.

Fantilli has had a monster year at the University of Michigan, he currently sits 3rd all time in NCAA scoring among first time draft eligible players with a P/PG of 1.73. The only two players above him? Paul Karyia and Jack Eichel. So he’s in pretty good company. As of late he has been a bit of a hot head and has missed some games because of it.

He won a gold medal with TC at the WJC - he didn’t have a dominate tournament but he was impressive at points in the tournament.

He will be a top-5 pick in the upcoming draft, so it’ll be interesting to see where he ends up

Part 1:

Reactions: Torts

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Remember when people said his stats were the product of playing poor competition to start the year?

Well…

Big Ten
21 GP
17G
20A
37 Pts

Against top 12 pairwise teams

15GP
11G
15A
26 Pts

Third youngest player in college hockey this season. This is a historically good season for a player this young, especially with how difficult UM’s schedule has been.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'll throw my two cents in when it comes to Fantilli, based on seeing him at the WJC and in a whopping two NCAA games. I'm not sure that he has it in him in terms of hockey sense to be an elite scorer in the NHL, as in a regular top ten scorer or something. Physically he's got it but more is required outside of the odd spike year. I think he'd be best served as more of a two way forward (showed signs of that potential at the WJC) who is a team's number one centre and also matches up against the opposition's best often and wins the matchup. A Toews or Kopitar route, or to go back further a Messier in the late 1980s route. If he was focused on physically dominating the other centre and then transitioning the puck back into the offensive zone he could be a huge difference maker.

Credit to him for having a huge year and putting himself right into the race, and probably at the front of it, for #2.

ozzie

Aug 3, 2005
Australia
He is a very interesting prospect, obviously he has skill and size. But he also has a temper/fire, which can be a good thing. He is a great prospect and project at the same time. Strikes me as a player who needs time to adjust. I'm hoping that is why his tournament play may not have been what everyone expected. Everything I've read about the kid suggests he is extremely coachable.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Think he'll play a 2nd year in college or jump right over after draft?

I’d be totally shocked if he returns. He will be playing in the NHL, and it’s tough to turn down almost a million bucks and get closer to that second contract where the big money is.

His brother is at UM, that is the only thing that gives me a glimmer of hope.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Think he'll play a 2nd year in college or jump right over after draft?
Nope. He'll be in the NHL next season barring something unforeseen or crazy happening.

Selfishly I'd like him to return for his sophomore year but I can't see that happening.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Nope. He'll be in the NHL next season barring something unforeseen or crazy happening.

Selfishly I'd like him to return for his sophomore year but I can't see that happening.

Fully agree. He will turn pro and go on to become a franchise center in the NHL. I think he has more than proven his elite level and silenced most of the critics. I said this before, he would have gone 1st in any other draft within the past five years.

Reactions: JLFGoNicsGo11

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad