C Adam Fantilli - (2023, 3rd, CBJ) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Buddy you’re coming off bad. No other way around it. Columbus is very happy with who they drafted. The end. All you’re doing is inviting people to give you crap because you want to keep shoving michkov down people’s throats in a thread about Adam Fantilli.
I mean make a poll between both young players and do the posting there.
Working real hard to turn people on Michkov to try and set up some told ya so moment. Its pretty funny how much he wants people to think about Michkov

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Working real hard to turn people on Michkov to try and set up some told ya so moment. Its pretty funny how much he wants people to think about Michkov
Michkov is a fine young player. Just don’t understand when people want to derail threads especially in the prospect section. I mean it’s simple this is a Fantilli thread.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You are using empty platitudes and meaningless comparisons.

Michkov is having the best D+1 season ever in the KHL. No one is proven three months into their D+1. Doesn’t mean we shouldn’t compare these players in what was a draft where there were supposedly a lot of tough choices to make. It’ll be vital for these teams who made the right choice and who didn’t.

And why does Yakupov have to appear in every post when someone is trying to put a damper on a player? I find the “well, he could be Yakupov” argument to be a very weak one. Literally anyone could be Yakupov. Tells us nothing.

You can turn against Michkov. Why would I care? Thats your problem.

I’m making a valid point that Fantilli is having a weak start to his D+1. Your team was apparently too smug to consider drafting the best Russian prospect since Ovechkin because they were ready to be competitive and needed a center.

Fast forward to now. Your team is not competitive and the center you picked is pacing for 36 points when he was expected to score about 20 more this season.
You seem to care a great deal. Didnt know 25 games into a rookie season is an indicator of a career or even the rest of that rookie season. We wont pretend that if Fantilli played in a league outside of the NHL he too would look better

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
And you come off extremely passive-aggressive. You always try to take shots at me, yet never will quote my posts. Then you claim you weren’t actually doing exactly what we both know you were doing.

Why would I be bitter? I’m a fan of none of these teams.

I think it’s crazy that Columbus fans are happy with Fantilli, and aren’t asking themselves why they passed up Michkov. I don’t say the same in the Reinbacher thread because Habs fans don’t lie to themselves about it. They recognize the mistake, and I don’t need to belabor that.

Carlsson is succeeding beyond what anyone would’ve expected, although I think it’s probably not sustainable. I’m open to being proven wrong. If Fantilli was a Calder contender with 20 points in 25 games, the argument I’d be making would have less merit and I’d wait to see. Right now, it’s about as obvious as can be.

And frankly, Michkov was picky about what teams he’d go to. He didn’t want Arizona, so I think their decision is less stupid. They would’ve had to trade his rights eventually. He probably wouldn’t have wanted Anaheim or San Jose. Columbus has a a number of his former SKA teammates. There’s a good chance he’d want to play with them. The Russians usually like to play where there are numerous of them.
Dude, it's you coming across as passive aggressive stating basically that you don't need shove Michkov down Habs fans throats because we bow down to those that picked him? Give it a rest.

You are coming across as a jack ass. Michkov has proven nothing in the NHL. Nor has he come over, or who knows if he ever will.

Get off your high horse. Fantilli is a tall kid. Those always take longer to grow into their bodies and get going. Do you really need validation that bad from other fans about who that team should have picked Instead?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I think Cbus was right in picking Fantilli, but how exactly was Michkov going to get out of his contract by not playing games with some of the teams he supposedly said he wouldn’t play for? You think Philly doesn’t want him over here now if they could have him?
The point is that someone who is serious about playing in the NHL would not have signed that multi-year KHL deal to begin with.

They sign a contract that takes them up to their D+1 year or else they leave early and play in the CHL just like Kucherov did.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
And you come off extremely passive-aggressive. You always try to take shots at me, yet never will quote my posts. Then you claim you weren’t actually doing exactly what we both know you were doing.

I think it’s crazy that Columbus fans are happy with Fantilli, and aren’t asking themselves why they passed up Michkov. I don’t say the same in the Reinbacher thread because Habs fans don’t lie to themselves about it. They recognize the mistake, and I don’t need to belabor that.

Carlsson is succeeding beyond what anyone would’ve expected, although I think it’s probably not sustainable. I’m open to being proven wrong. If Fantilli was a Calder contender with 20 points in 25 games, the argument I’d be making would have less merit and I’d wait to see. Right now, it’s about as obvious as can be.

And frankly, Michkov was picky about what teams he’d go to. He didn’t want Arizona, so I think their decision is less stupid. They would’ve had to trade his rights eventually. He probably wouldn’t have wanted Anaheim or San Jose. Columbus has a a number of his former SKA teammates. There’s a good chance he’d want to play with them. The Russians usually like to play where there are numerous of them.

Maybe something to do with Fantilli being far superior prospect to Reinbacher?

Oh wait that can’t be it….

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
You seem to care a great deal. Didnt know 25 games into a rookie season is an indicator of a career or even the rest of that rookie season. We wont pretend that if Fantilli played in a league outside of the NHL he too would look better

I don’t know how anyone can write those posts with a straight face.

Post Matthews draft what forwards have had a better looking +1 season in the NHL?

Fantilli is a positive play driver who creates offense every game, as a center.
He clearly looks better than any of Hughes, Kakko, Laf etc on their rookie seasons

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Dude, it's you coming across as passive aggressive stating basically that you don't need shove Michkov down Habs fans throats because we bow down to those that picked him? Give it a rest.

You are coming across as a jack ass. Michkov has proven nothing in the NHL. Nor has he come over, or who knows if he ever will.

Get off your high horse. Fantilli is a tall kid. Those always take longer to grow into their bodies and get going. Do you really need validation that bad from other fans about who that team should have picked Instead?
You must not know what passive-aggressive means. I’m not going to make this about Reinbacher vs. Michkov, but boy are you wrong.

Anyway, Fantilli isn’t that tall. He’s 6’2. The NHL average is like 6’1. And the big players take longer is one of those narratives that people always talk about, but can never prove. You can make the same argument about smaller players and how they need more time to get stronger, taller and adjust to playing against non-junior competition. There’s no concrete proof for any of these theories.

I don’t need validation by Columbus fans. I did not go to the Columbus section of the website. I came to the prospect forum. This is where these topics are often debated, as I’m sure you know. I shouldn’t have to be bombarded by homers for being a neutral that is calling it as I see it, and what is backed up by what is happening so far in their D+1.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Friendly reminder that Michkov had no interest in being drafted by the Blue Jackets and dodged a pre draft meeting with them.
Your team also said explicitly right around the draft lottery that they were going to draft a center. Why go on an interview for a job you have no chance of getting?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
You are asking that I be censored by moderators because I am bringing up an uncomfortable topic for your team? I didn’t even go to your section of the website. This is the section that NHL fans discuss NHL prospects. Wow, that’s as soft as it gets.
Its not uncomfortable at all, its pretty funny. This is also the Fantilli thread within the prospects section but whatever. All I know is when Michkov plays that 1st NHL game I better see 5 goals atleast or Ill be quite disappointed

Apr 9, 2009
USA

Holy shit dude. Shut the f*** up already. Give it a rest. Trying to come in here and read about Fantilli's progress, and I'm constantly met with a wall of text featuring your nonsense. Go to the Michkov thread FFS. If I wanted to hear your thoughts on Michkov, that's the thread I'd go to.

You are coming off passive-aggressive too. That's why you're being met with passive aggression. I'm gonna be less passive.

"It's crazy that Columbus fans are happy with Fantilli"

And you wonder why you're met with hostility. Clown behavior. Your nonsense has become a distraction in this thread. It's clear, since everyone other than you is tired of you. Just go away and let everyone else talk about Adam Fantilli, who the thread is about (as a friendly reminder).

Again, he is fine. He is 18. Watch more hockey featuring Adam Fantilli before you come back, for the love of all that is holy. Then maybe you can try to have an honest conversation.

Actually... I'm just gonna put you on ignore. Good luck in life, hopefully you stop acting like this.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Its crazy that you're in a Fantilli thread trying to push Michkov.

Create your own thread for that, no one here gives a shit about your opinion on michkov.

Reactions: MD93 and ff8

ff8

Aug 25, 2022

This guys still f***ing going at it lol. Yikes

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its not uncomfortable at all, its pretty funny. This is also the Fantilli thread within the prospects section but whatever. All I know is when Michkov plays that 1st NHL game I better see 5 goals atleast or Ill be quite disappointed
My initial post was three paragraphs giving my opinion on Fantilli’s play so far, which is the topic of this thread.

You are choosing to focus on one word in the three paragraphs because the main point of my post is inconvenient.

• Haha
Reactions: stevo61

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Holy shit dude. Shut the f*** up already. Give it a rest. Trying to come in here and read about Fantilli's progress, and I'm constantly met with a wall of text featuring your nonsense. Go to the Michkov thread FFS. If I wanted to hear your thoughts on Michkov, that's the thread I'd go to.

You are coming off passive-aggressive too. That's why you're being met with passive aggression. I'm gonna be less passive.

"It's crazy that Columbus fans are happy with Fantilli"

And you wonder why you're met with hostility. Clown behavior. Your nonsense has become a distraction in this thread. It's clear, since everyone other than you is tired of you. Just go away and let everyone else talk about Adam Fantilli, who the thread is about (as a friendly reminder).

Again, he is fine. He is 18. Watch more hockey featuring Adam Fantilli before you come back, for the love of all that is holy. Then maybe you can try to have an honest conversation.

Actually... I'm just gonna put you on ignore. Good luck in life, hopefully you stop acting like this.
You wrote six paragraphs ranting against me and then literally violating the TOS (and apparently I’m the one that must have their posts censored) because I defended my opinion against someone who picked out literally one word in a post about how Fantilli is playing.

I’m more than willing to discuss Fantilli’s start to the season. Is it an inconvenient topic because it doesn’t fit your narrative?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its crazy that you're in a Fantilli thread trying to push Michkov.

Create your own thread for that, no one here gives a shit about your opinion on michkov.
Actually no, I wrote three paragraphs about Fantilli. Not my fault if someone gets upset by one word in three paragraphs. The only reason this is being discussed and not Fantilli is because discussing Fantilli’s first 25 games would be inconvenient.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
The point is that someone who is serious about playing in the NHL would not have signed that multi-year KHL deal to begin with.

They sign a contract that takes them up to their D+1 year or else they leave early and play in the CHL just like Kucherov did.
I don’t know, there are plenty of cases where Russians could not come straight over to the NHL because they had obligated themselves to contracts in the KHL. Doesn’t mean they weren’t serious about playing in the NHL or that they lack committment.

Also, saying he wasn’t serious about being an NHL player because he played mind games with certain teams, isn’t really an indication of that either. There have been several instances where players refused to sign with their draft team yet still want to be NHLers. He just made it known prior to being drafted, saving the drafting team a headache down the road.
The problem with Fantilli is his PDO is low right now. It should rebound.

Meanwhile, if Michkov were actually serious about being an NHL player, he wouldn't have played mind games with teams in a position to draft him and he wouldn't be wasting his time in Russia right now. He might have the skill but he totally lacks commitment.

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Maybe you should be.

All I keep hearing is that Columbus didn’t need a winger.

Are they not last place in their division? It seems pretty stupid to be drafting for need when you need a complete rebuild. The teams that don’t end up building a successful contender are the ones that take shortcuts, which includes drafting lesser players for need.

The fact you are talking in these terms tells me you don’t get what’s wrong with your own team. Hab fans may take shots at Michkov all the time, but I give them credit that they do so because they are bitter and seem to acknowledge their mistake.
Would drafting Michkov this past offseason have helped them not be last place this year?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Would drafting Michkov this past offseason have helped them not be last place this year?
No.

However, a team should not be drafting for "need" when the possibility is that they could be a bottom of the division team. If you are that far away, you should be in the rebuilding phase, and you take whoever you think is the best player in that spot.

Whether Fantilli was the right pick where he was selected, the idea that they took him because he was a center over another player when everyone can see the team is nowhere close to contending should have you questioning the philosophy. Yes, no one disputes Columbus needs centers to be a better team. However, we could be talking about for a window that opens in 4 years. The fact that the GM and President thought it started now and they were going to accomplish it starting now partly by using a 3rd overall pick to fill that need is a big red flag about the job they are doing.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Whether Fantilli was the right pick where he was selected, the idea that they took him because he was a center over another player when everyone can see the team is nowhere close to contending should have you questioning the philosophy.

You're making a very uncharitable assumption that they decided to take a center independent of how the scouts ranked the players. Most likely they had the centers on top because they thought they were better prospects, then they let us know they were taking a center.

You just can't wrap your head around the fact that some people actually think Fantilli and Carlsson are better prospects than Michkov, position (and nationality) aside.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Fantilli on his own was a 1st overall talent yet here we are talking about how Columbus drafted him just based on need

We are just going to keep ignoring the ridiculous season he had and the tools he has

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad