Post-Game Talk (GBU): Butt Goal

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Him generating (or correlating with, but watch him forecheck and you know that's not coincidence) similar possession as Girgensons is a good thing...
Of course it's a good thing. I just have a problem with him being compared to a 20+ goal/50 point guy.

So far it looks like he's even more offensively limited than Girgensons was earlier in the season.

Which is probably why they'd like to keep him in the AHL for the time being.

But then again that's exactly what I thought what would happen with Girgensons. :)

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Guys, we've hit the high point of the season.

By, like, a mile. This is the best thing that's going to happen to the Sabres until Reinhart.

Creative. And yet one day later this has officially jumped the shark.

Don't expect Reinhart. He's not putting on a Buffalo sweater.

Low expectations. Low disappointment.

Of course I hope to be wrong ....

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Creative. And yet one day later this has officially jumped the shark.

Don't expect Reinhart. He's not putting on a Buffalo sweater.

Low expectations. Low disappointment.

Of course I hope to be wrong ....

Okay, you just stole Christmas.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Not sure what exactly is a 'zone start differential', but Larsson doesn't have the best Corsi numbers on the team. In fact, he's got one of the worst individual Corsi numbers on the team. He's ranked 19th out of 24, to be exact. And it shows how non-contributing he's been offensively. He's recorded 1 point in 18 NHL games so far. That's not NHL-ready by my book.

His team Corsi (meaning the number of successful Corsi actions when he's on the ice) is very good indeed. But so is D'Agostini's, *Adam's*, Girgensons's, etc.

If you mean that he's ready to be a 4th/3rd-line grinder, I guess most people would agree. But I don't think that's what you meant by comparing him to Hecht, who was a 50-60 point guy at his peak.

He starts ozone 40% and finishes ozone 50%... It's an very high rate and indicative of quality possession

Individual Corsi is silly

The term "grinder" is elementary and misleading

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad