Post-Game Talk (GBU): Butt Goal

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
8Pwsy3q.png

A battle fought hard,
deadlocked in dead of winter.
Oh, it's in his butt...

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
Was nice to come home from nyc to a victory. My first game live in 3 years at home.

Good:
I really liked girgs game tonight. As well as the entire line. Lots of pressure.
Playing short, and the D held up. Scott, pysyk, Myers, all had solid games.

Bad:
I really didn't think the refs had a good game at all

Ugly:
I thought that first goal was for sure a high stick. Most in the crowd were shocked it wasn't over turned. I understand the play on the ice is hard to overturn without clear evidence, but come on.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hanzal couldn't get a good handzal on it and it slipped into a butt.

Summed up the game, or College.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's perfect. Wins come rarely. Effort is getting more consistent. Still a ridiculous chance they don't get a top three pick.

Until they actually play themselves out of a top 3 pick and not just nervous speculation and dramatics ... I am fine with the sprinkling of wins with the overwhelming amount of losses this season. Just give an effort.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
The awesome:
Not only Ennis' finish on the first goal, butt also Girgs' puck steal/set up. Kid's looking like a gamer

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
I wonder if there were a lot of returning expats in the crowd tonight. There was big time enthusiasm in the stands.

g girgs big time
Miller
Hoff when it was clutch
This board - big thanks to everyone for seat recommendations and recommending the Lafayette. Made my wife's first live sabres experience great and a enjoyable return to buffalo for me

B sick dudes

U no call on girgs stick getting held
Stafford hit

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
that might've been my favorite game this year. Just so much adversity to over come. Somehow, that pulled it out of there...

G: Zemgus and Ennis bring out the best out each other. And the best for Girgensons is just beastly. Loving Matt Moulson standing up for his linemates leading to a penalty(they were just so frustrated from dealing with Z).
-Scott getting his chance to play Chara/Glatt on the PP. Kinda worked
-Pysyk, Myers, McBain, Larrson's back-checking, D'Agostini had his best game as Sabre I thought.
-Loved RJ again tonight. He's getting back on a roll.

B: So all things that went against the Sabres turned it into a much more entertaining game so I won't put officiating here.

U: Nothing

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Had to miss this one due to Christmas festivities, sounds like a wild game though.

How was Myers again tonight?

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Canucks fan coming in peace.

I remember I hung out in one of your GDTs in the preseason and you guys were saying how much Pysyk reminds you of Chris Tanev (some of you had seen him at RIT). Well they both got their one of their first two NHL goals as the OT winner! There's one thing that's similar about them ;)

Crazy goal :laugh:

Last edited:

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

I remember I hung out in one of your GDTs in the preseason and you guys were saying how much Pysyk reminds you of Chris Tanev (some of you had seen him at RIT). Well they both got their first NHL goals as the OT winner! There's one thing that's similar about them ;)

Pysyk actually scored 1 goal in his 19 games last year. It was a sweet end-to-end rush as I recall, though maybe that was a preseason goal that I'm thinking of.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Pysyk actually scored 1 goal in his 19 games last year. It was a sweet end-to-end rush as I recall, though maybe that was a preseason goal that I'm thinking of.

D'oh, completely forgot (or maybe didn't know) that he played last year.

Well they both got one of their first two NHL goals as an OT winner ;) :yo:

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

I remember I hung out in one of your GDTs in the preseason and you guys were saying how much Pysyk reminds you of Chris Tanev (some of you had seen him at RIT). Well they both got their first NHL goals as the OT winner! There's one thing that's similar about them ;)

Hopefully Pysyk can follow the same type of development. I notice Tanev's gotten a couple of winners (though not OT) for you guys and is playing pretty big minutes recently himself =).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad