• Dryden Hunt

• Barclay Goodrow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
He didn't do shit perfectly. Fox did. Fox timed it to perfection.

He was sitting there letting the entire unit do all the work. In no mans land, he would have played no part. THAT IS NOT WHAT WE WANT FROM OUR $68M CENTER. He makes it so easy for the other team
You can get on Mika for his overall game rn, but as @Ola said, in the O zone you generally don't send a 3rd man in to a puck battle, if you win it with 3 guys down low there's little you can do with it after. Defensively if you win it you just clear it so 3 guys is a good idea. As a 3rd guy in the O zone You try to make yourself available for a pass, which Mika did. CK knew we were short on time and whacked it from between the Buffalo player's skates and didn't get too much on it, but Fox had enabled his trump card future vision to get to the perfect spot to keep it moving to Mika.

and 99 others

i enjoy watching hockey
Jul 27, 2011
3sUqqon.png

Reactions: ArPanet

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
You can get on Mika for his overall game rn, but as @Ola said, in the O zone you generally don't send a 3rd man in to a puck battle, if you win it with 3 guys down low there's little you can do with it after. Defensively if you win it you just clear it so 3 guys is a good idea. As a 3rd guy in the O zone You try to make yourself available for a pass, which Mika did. CK knew we were short on time and whacked it from between the Buffalo player's skates and didn't get too much on it, but Fox had enabled his trump card future vision to get to the perfect spot to keep it moving to Mika.
You're describing something in a normal 5v5 scenario.

Fox dove into the space I'd expected Zibs to be and got the puck. That is the crux of it. Zibs was never a support or a threat where he was. It took 2 defensemen coming in, which would happen only in these circumstances. Perfect timing on Foxy's part.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
You're describing something in a normal 5v5 scenario.

Fox dove into the space I'd expected Zibs to be and got the puck. That is the crux of it. Zibs was never a support or a threat where he was. It took 2 defensemen coming in, which would happen only in these circumstances. Perfect timing on Foxy's part.
Zibs did exactly what he was supposed to do there and Fox and Lindy read the clock. Why you think he was supposed to go into the pile and then what???

Reactions: Richard Banger

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
There's a lot of Zib plays this season to grill him about. I'm not sure the assist on the buzzer beating game winner is a good one.
I'm talking about everything before Fox took the space where he should have been.

You can't tell me it's a 'good play' by Zibs when it takes an elite defensemen making an elite read for it to work. Where it takes 2 defensemen cutting in because of no time left.

Reactions: egelband

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Zibs did exactly what he was supposed to do there and Fox and Lindy read the clock. Why you think he was supposed to go into the pile and then what???
Where did Fox get the puck? was it in the pile? Was Fox stationary?

I don't care to continue repeating this. Zibs has been playing the same all year. He waits for everything to be done for him. He's reactionary and slow. He made a nice pass to Lindgren. It doesn't negate all the negative I saw

Reactions: egelband

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Where did Fox get the puck? was it in the pile? Was Fox stationary?

I don't care to continue repeating this. Zibs has been playing the same all year. He waits for everything to be done for him. He's reactionary and slow. He made a nice pass to Lindgren. It doesn't negate all the negative I saw
Fox and Lindgren can see the clock, and yes players do look up to see how much time is left. Fox cut in with about 5/7 seconds left and Lindy came down the other side. Zibs is doing exactly what you do as center would do and the 3rd man high, he most likely doesn’t check the clock.
So he is holding the position and then bang bang Kreider/Fox/Zibs/Lindy GOAL. If this is played ANY DIFFERENT, we are going to OT
Just enjoy the play and the goal by ALL who were involved, isn’t that the most important thing:popcorn:

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Anyone else get Scott Neidermayer vibes when seeing K'Andre Miller play? Scott was always seen as more of a great 2nd pairing guy. Wouldn't be surprised if Miller raises a Norris one day. Amazing watching him grow into an elite defender.

I can see that, KAM as a larger version with more reach.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Fox and Lindgren can see the clock, and yes players do look up to see how much time is left. Fox cut in with about 5/7 seconds left and Lindy came down the other side. Zibs is doing exactly what you do as center would do and the 3rd man high, he most likely doesn’t check the clock.
So he is holding the position and then bang bang Kreider/Fox/Zibs/Lindy GOAL. If this is played ANY DIFFERENT, we are going to OT
Just enjoy the play and the goal by ALL who were involved, isn’t that the most important thing:popcorn:
He's a 3rd man in a useless position until Fox comes down. THAT IS MY POINT. That's been my point. He wasn't supporting the play or a threat. He was waiting for a miracle.... it just so happens Foxy provided it.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
He's a 3rd man in a useless position until Fox comes down. THAT IS MY POINT. That's been my point. He wasn't supporting the play or a threat. He was waiting for a miracle.... it just so happens Foxy provided it.
Do you understand what positional hockey is? If Zibs goes into the pile then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS!!! Is that what you wanted???

Reactions: Siddi

Foxy

Oct 5, 2020

Lol, the pass from Kreider was going straight to Zib. Fox intercepted it by coming down and got the man covering Zib to dive which left a wide open lane to Lindgren. But I'm not 100% sure that Kreider saw Fox, I think he was throwing it where he thought Zib would be.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Do you understand what positional hockey is? If Zibs goes into the pile then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS!!! Is that what you wanted???
Did Fox go into the boards? or did he put himself in a better position to support the play, by moving his legs? Did Lindgren stay on the blueline or put himself in position to be a threat?

Zibs has been a lazy spectator. Even with us scoring a goal on the play, he was still a lazy spectator. Being the 3rd man high has nothing to do with it. How he's supporting the play is the issue. He was useless until Fox came into the picture and made him useful. This is the entire point of my tirade . It's not just this one play... It's how he's been playing all year.

Maybe I'm doing a terrible job communicating my point but this has gone on way longer than I care for it to go. Moving on.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
Did Fox go into the boards? or did he put himself in a better position to support the play, by moving his legs? Did Lindgren stay on the blueline or put himself in position to be a threat?

Zibs has been a lazy spectator. Even with us scoring a goal on the play, he was still a lazy spectator. Being the 3rd man high has nothing to do with it. How he's supporting the play is the issue. He was useless until Fox came into the picture and made him useful. This is the entire point of my tirade . It's not just this one play... It's how he's been playing all year.

Maybe I'm doing a terrible job communicating my point but this has gone on way longer than I care for it to go. Moving on.
We get it you don’t like Zibs, maybe they should trade him for your boy Turcotte

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Wasn't it confirmed that Zib wasn't being bashed by Gallant for the last play but for complaining to the ref about a previous missed call?

Why is he being called lazy on the goal?

He's wide open in the slot. If we win the battle he's wide open, which we did and he was... If he helps out there's nobody to get the puck to.

I just don't understand how he did anything wrong there

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
So Mika is a $68M decoy?

I will not agree with any of that. There was space that Fox moved to where I believe Mika should have been. If it was a 'set play' sure.

It's just more of the same from Mika. Passive, reactive and slothful play. It's why that line is struggling 5v5

Mika makes right play and excellent pass. Rangers score and win.

Some fans:

"Mika sucked on that play".

Ya can't make this shit up.

NoQuitInNewMexico

Jan 7, 2011
new mexico lol
Wasn't it confirmed that Zib wasn't being bashed by Gallant for the last play but for complaining to the ref about a previous missed call?

Why is he being called lazy on the goal?

He's wide open in the slot. If we win the battle he's wide open, which we did and he was... If he helps out there's nobody to get the puck to.

I just don't understand how he did anything wrong there
Message boards are much better than something like Reddit because you have to read everyone, not just the people who share/successfully mimic the group opinion, and I hate the ignore feature on principle but yeah, when someone's going on a weird tangent about something like this or the aristocratic neck of Vitali Kravtsov, you don't actually have to try to argue with them lol. Just let it go!

Reactions: romba
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad