Buffalo Sabres 2024-25 Training Camp Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Of course you don’t want anything like this to happen, but maybe there’s a family emergency or something? None of the beat reporters seem to have seen anything that would indicate an injury.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
LMAO it's gonna rock when they have to trot out Power-? and Byram-Jokiharju as the top 2 pairings. Sure it could be a non-injury thing, or Dahlin just got dinged up, but how many times do we hear "it's day to day, nothing serious" about Sabres players and then, boom, they're either completely ineffective while playing or out for three weeks and the injury hasn't gotten better

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Dahlin left the ice a few minutes into practice. Seasons over

giphy.gif

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
The worst thing about this franchise is the audio engineer how is it so f***ing bad for literal decades open the god damn volume mixer and do your job.

to be fair, they USUALLY fix the mono sound issue once the video is released. Seems like they have one audio source for the stream and a proper recording for the processed video.

But yes, live press conference audio streams have been terrible going back for a few years now.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
With Byram and Power as high-potential young D-men, the Sabres should be able to survive time missed from Dahlin (as long as he's back playing at a high level at some point not too far from now). If Dahlin was set to come back in, say, December, I'd have zero thoughts of this season being doomed

It's entirely possible it was a slight tweak due to it being the first real high intensity practice these guys have gone through in months, and it's no big deal

I also thought I had a hernia earlier this year and it wasn't anything even close

Reactions: sabremike

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Dahlin is out for a long time, we are f***ed, I didn't really believe in it anyway, and now my hopes will be completely extinguished. f***, this is just f***ed.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
According to Hamilton on WGR right now, lines at first practice are:

Peterka-Thompson-Tuch
Benson-Cozens-Quinn
Zucker-Krebs-Greenway
Lafferty-McLeod-Aube-Kubel
Malenstyn, Kulich
Pretty much the idea we all had except some of us had Zucker in Benson's spot. I wonder how the defense will shake out.

I think I am higher on the idea of Power with Dahlin than a lot of people.

And Samuelsson-Clifton makes sense to me as a 3rd pair.

Not upgrading on Jokiharju this offseason remains a bigger issue to me than not getting top 6 winger. Hopefully Henri clicks with Byram. But, there are legit concerns about how Jokiharju will fit as the 4th D and having to play with Byram, Power, or Dahlin.
Yeah, I'm peeved about Joki. I was good with all the other offseason moves, though.

Dahlin news is worrying, but I'll wait until official reports before getting too invested. Tage being injured is not all that surprising. The man is incredibly injury prone at this point. I'd be surprised if he actually played healthy for a majority of the year. I'm expecting another year where he plays at like 80% strength. Hopefully, I'm wrong, but history likes to repeat itself.

Edit: And I know losing your top d man is damn near impossible to replace, but it would've been nice if Adams added that steady D man we all were pining for instead trusting Joki with the reigns in the top-4. Oh well....

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad