Value of: Buffalo prospects (and players?)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
That's part of the problem with the Sabres management...still using Fax machines.

Again, I don't think that the solution is wholesale player changes. It's more of an attitude change, which will be brought about by an experienced coach with a successful track record, and a good system.
My only worry is that the owners will not allow KA to fire Granato because of the money left on his contract.
I do not think a single Sabres fan would argue the need for a coach. Most want a Torts or RBA type. What they won’t consider is that those types of coaches will want to purge the roster of players who can’t/won’t play the style they want to implement. Our top six would need to change dramatically and few fans much less the GM and owner have the stomach for what is needed. So we bored fans partake in the HF Boards circle jerk for lack of anything better to do. :DD

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I’m not a sabres fan so I won’t pretend to know everything wrong up there, but I would just find a way to get rid of Skinner. Not that he’s bad but when you have a player like that getting paid that much, you have to play him, usually a lot. Need to move on from Okposo and Girgensons too. Again not that these players are necessarily problems, but they are remnants of a poor era of Sabres hockey. Be done with them! Move on.

Kinda like when the wild dumped Parise and Suter. It was just time for something new, even if it meant eating a significant portion of salary

Maybe this wouldn’t fly with ownership but they should do it!

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I’m not a sabres fan so I won’t pretend to know everything wrong up there, but I would just find a way to get rid of Skinner. Not that he’s bad but when you have a player like that getting paid that much, you have to play him, usually a lot. Need to move on from Okposo and Girgensons too. Again not that these players are necessarily problems, but they are remnants of a poor era of Sabres hockey. Be done with them! Move on.

Kinda like when the wild dumped Parise and Suter. It was just time for something new, even if it meant eating a significant portion of salary

Maybe this wouldn’t fly with ownership but they should do it!
It has been discussed on our boards with no consensus. I am in your camp. It is absolutely against the grain of ownership who would rather retain a coach that has reached his ceiling than pay him not to work for him.

Reactions: Jacob582

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
You all want a top3 player for two years but want to pay for a middle six rental. Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you on your way out.

I don't see Sabres fans clamoring for Buchnevich.

The Blues would benefit from the Sabres being interested. Buffalo has perhaps the best asset pool in hockey. Unfortunately for St. Louis, he is an illogical trade target for the Sabres given that the team is not in a position to take advantage of his remaining contract. Contenders and their weaker assets pools are what you're looking at.

GreatDayforHockey

Jul 21, 2022
a great target for the Sabres is Lukas Reichel from Chicago. Has played on German World Junior and other teams with Peterka. Seems to be out of favor in Chicago but has great potential. Does Rosen for Reichel seem fair??

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Rantanen doesn't live off MacKinnon. What a terrible take.
Prove it.

What are the dtas of them apart.

Thatd not even factoring the end yrs of the contract. People botch about Skinnrt and KO high cap hit CD production. Raysnnrn will be worse after thr gift 3 yrs of a signed extension.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
You all want a top3 player for two years but want to pay for a middle six rental. Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you on your way out.
why would sabres who ain't gonna make playoffs this year, deal for buchie? maybe this summer, bc he would be big help to them next year (and perhaps beyond), but it's silly to expect that they are in on him now at the price it will cost.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Between Roy, Pesce, and DeMelo there is a decent chance that they can nab one in free agency.

The Kings have an RD logjam as well as cap problems so there's a decent chance that they don't pay up for Roy. He'd be a big upgrade for the Sabres.
I'd be fine with if tjr length/cap inst bad like more than 4 yrs depending on age. I dont want contract past their season 33 yr old season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Prove it.

What are the dtas of them apart.

Thatd not even factoring the end yrs of the contract. People botch about Skinnrt and KO high cap hit CD production. Raysnnrn will be worse after thr gift 3 yrs of a signed extension.

Did you watch any Avs games last year when MacKinnon was out in December and Mikko carried the mail (9 goals, 14 points, almost 25 minutes a night in TOI as a forward as he played center)? I would take it that no, you did not or else you wouldn't have said what you said.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
why would sabres who ain't gonna make playoffs this year, deal for buchie? maybe this summer, bc he would be big help to them next year (and perhaps beyond), but it's silly to expect that they are in on him now at the price it will cost.
Did you read the original posters thread. He asked for a vetran with 2 3 years of prime and offered players. I responded to his post. They do need vetram leaders

Right back at ya for that ridiculous ask.
Im not the one who asked.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Would the sabres have any interest in Justin Faulk? He has a NTC, no idea if he would waive or not, but it seems like it could potentially be a good fit :dunno:

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did you read the original posters thread. He asked for a vetran with 2 3 years of prime and offered players. I responded to his post. They do need vetram leaders

Im not the one who asked.

No, you were the one who put the ridiculous ask for Buch. I saw. It's still there. It's still not close.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Pelech, Brodin, or Andersson. How much those dudes cost?

Buffalo counters with an ask of Dvorsky and Stenberg for Mittelstadt. Yes, that's ridiculous. So too is your proposal.

I would think moving from development guy to defensive accountability guy is very much the way to go, with a couple of depth adds into the middle of the lineup and one more top 4 defenseman who actually can defend. Minny wouldn't need to misplace Brodin for a few years, would they?
Brodin would be expensive, and as a LHD, not the best fit, though he can play on the right. With Spurgeon's injury, I don't see Guerin being willing to move him, and loading everything on the shoulders of Faber.

Faber would be the ideal fit in Buffalo, but I can't even imagine MN moving him, which is a pretty crazy thing to say about a guy who was a 2nd rounder playing in the NCAA a year ago.

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
No, you were the one who put the ridiculous ask for Buch. I saw. It's still there. It's still not close.
Thats not a ridiculous ask thats the actual ask. Top rentals get 1st and top prospect. Buch has a whole nother year so the adk will be higher
Especially since he is a 1st line winger who can play center gets 30 goals and generally ppg player. Thats not a high ask.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: HOOats and Jacob582

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Thats not a ridiculous ask thats the actual ask. Top rentals get 1st and top prospect. Buch has a whole nother year so the adk will be higher
Especially since he is a 1st line winger who can play center gets 30 goals and generally ppg player. Thats not a high ask.
You will get that from a contender for sure.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Brodin would be expensive, and as a LHD, not the best fit, though he can play on the right. With Spurgeon's injury, I don't see Guerin being willing to move him, and loading everything on the shoulders of Faber.

Faber would be the ideal fit in Buffalo, but I can't even imagine MN moving him, which is a pretty crazy thing to say about a guy who was a 2nd rounder playing in the NCAA a year ago.

Dahlin's best play has been on RD.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
CBJ and Buffalo seem like ideal trade partners:

Buffalo is locked and loaded on forward. CBJ has a ton of d depth.

Something around Svozil and Rosen? or even Adam Boqvist/Jake Bean and Jack Quinn?

I feel that it makes so much sense from both sides.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A top prospect and a 1st from Buffalo is generally much more valuable than a top prospect and a 1st from a contender. Adjust expectations accordingly.

Appreciate the attempt.

CBJ and Buffalo seem like ideal trade partners:

Buffalo is locked and loaded on forward. CBJ has a ton of d depth.

Something around Svozil and Rosen? or even Adam Boqvist/Jake Bean and Jack Quinn?

I feel that it makes so much sense from both sides.

The sort of mid-line guys Buffalo is looking for are likely the same sort Columbus is going to be looking for to compliment their youth too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad