Buffalo Bills–2014: 1-0 – WK2 vs Miami – Pegulas reach agreement to buy team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Let's get something clear: The Bills are NOT mired in mediocrity. If the Bills become mediocre that GM will be the toast of the town.

Their franchise hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 15 years. Kids currently in highschool were born after Buffalo's previous post season appearance. College sophomores weren't alive for the most recent post season victory.

The Buffalo Bills have been one of the least successful NFL franchises during their history.

What would really suck is 2 playoff appearances in 25 years. Guess who did that. The Packers. Does anyone care now? No.

Bills made the playoffs 10 times out of 12 seasons from 1988 to 1999. It's only been 15 years without playoffs. If the Bills can pull it together in the next 10 years, it probably won't be as bad as the Packers run. If they can string together 2 franchise QBs, not a single person the next 15 years will care about not making the playoffs for 15 years.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Hehe. Best part of all this? The Sabres losses are now funded by the Bills gains.

The Sabres can lose money forever, their losses are covered by the NFL TV contract.

:laugh:

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Hehe. Best part of all this? The Sabres losses are now funded by the Bills gains.

The Sabres can lose money forever, their losses are covered by the NFL TV contract.

:laugh:

"I'll go drill a well-financed sports operation in another league to cover my losses."

mgeise

May 20, 2006
Fargo, ND
Great news! I'm excited to see how intertwined the Sabres and Bills will be now. I can't believe they went for $1.4 billion... I can't imagine the other bids having been within a couple hundred million dollars of that figure.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@AdamBenigni

Source has indicated to me that reports of $1.4-billion dollar sale price is accurate @wgrz

@dkaplanSBJ

Pegula to pay $1.4 billion for the Buffalo Bills, a record high for an NFL team. There were five bidders for the team. More in SBD soon

Last edited:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
People would've lost their minds if he rebuilt immediately, with a team that just made the playoffs. So he did the best thing he could do in '11, which was given his guy an open purse to try and improve the team.

Two years passed on that strategy and he went full bore rebuild. Which is absolutely the best thing he can do and a far greater sign of commitment to winning long term, since he's swallowing losses while the team sucks. Don't even know where you're getting a third organizational strategy from.

This is risking veering into another thread, so if these get moved or deleted I'm fine with that.

No one forced the team to make the moves and attempted moves they did in the 2011 offseason and the implication about "people would have gone nuts" gets to why I'm cautious in viewing the direction the Sabres have.

The only way the team is "mismanaged" is if you believe garbage rumors like Terry made them sign Ehrhoff.

I didn't use the term mismanaged, right?

It was in the post you quoted, you must have seen it right?

They've had two organizational strategies. The first one was "get the Rochester Core over the top," the second one was "acquire elite players." It's just that the source for these elite players shifted to the draft after they went 0/4 on Richards/Doan/Suter/Parise.

I'm not getting the difference? They tore out the Rochester core as part of the draft strategy. I agree that the free agency forays were an attempt to build around that group but, by definition, they can't acquire elite players to play with that group when that group was traded away to get the picks to acquire the elite assets. And I consider Regier's teardown/rebuild strategy to be wholly different from Murray's. Hence three strategies.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
@markpoloncarz

I will be joining the news team from @WKBW at 7pm live to talk about Kim and Terry Pegula's agreement to purchase the @buffalobills #Bills

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
If Pegula needs more money he'll just go drill another well....

Or maybe buy an NFL team too :sarcasm:

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
I'm going to be honest. I've been mostly cynical about the Bills for over 10 years now. For so long I've felt that they were a rudderless franchise going nowhere, with a highly uncertain future in Buffalo.

This is the most positive I've felt about the Bills in 15 years. I feel like the Bills actually have a future and a direction. Wow.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I'm going to be honest. I've been mostly cynical about the Bills for over 10 years now. For so long I've felt that they were a rudderless franchise going nowhere, with a highly uncertain future in Buffalo.

This is the most positive I've felt about the Bills in 15 years. I feel like the Bills actually have a future and a direction. Wow.

The Sabres might suck right now, but the sun is coming up on the horizon.

I feel like the sun is still not quite fully up for the Bills.

I haven't been this excited and proud to be a Buffalo sports fan in a long, long, long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad