Buffalo Bills–2014: 1-0 – WK2 vs Miami – Pegulas reach agreement to buy team

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Hi Guys;

Long time Bills fan looking to make the drive from Ottawa to Buffalo for the KC game November 9th. Usually there's a bus service that includes the tickets, tailgates and hotel - for this game I can't seem to come up with one.

Looking at buying my tickets separate and heading up with the group and booking a hotel - but question, how does the tailgating actually work? I see all the food/beer outside but not sure how the access works - do I bring my own BBQ/Beer or can I pay when I'm there and jump in on the action?

Looking forward to it - any input or suggestions for a first-timer would be appreciated.
Most people come self-contained with what they need/want in their trunk/back of SUV/truck. You can carry your stuff over the boarder, and/or buy at stores in BUF. Most people do a combination - pack it the night before or morning of, and hit a store on the way there for anything they forgot. I do not have experience "paying" to tailgate once you get to the park - others will need to comment.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Yep. She's been the driving force behind their interest in buying the team.

Is this the equivalent of a husband talking his wife to buying a pre owned BMW 3 series for his primary car.....but only if she gets the huge brand new Mercedes Benz SUV in a few years? :laugh:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Anything behind that statement or just guessing?

I remember hearing it being discussed on the radio when they first got involved in the bidding process. I also read about it at that time as well but don't remember where.

Last edited:

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Maybe we can finally get some competent people in the front office now.

Total Shot in the dark here.....but given Pegula's extensive PA ties

billcowher3.jpg
for team president?

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
I'm not seeing how this fits into Hockey Heaven? :sarcasm:

As much as I'm not crazy about how the Sabres have been managed since he bought them I'm thrilled he's the one who bought the Bills.

@TheBuffaloNews

Kim and Terry Pegula will be new owners of #buffalobills. http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...ed-with-pegulas-to-buy-buffalo-bills-20140909 …

@ByTimGraham

From what I've learned past couple days, any cynicism about Ralph should evaporate as we report this story. His directives were gracious.

Count me as someone who was incredibly unhappy that Wilson didn't sell while he was still alive, but as the process unfolded I believed more and more that he really did arrange a process designed to keep the team in the community.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't want to see him on the field. He needs to do the exact opposite of everything he's done with the hockey team.

He just spent over a billion dollars to buy the Buffalo Bills, so he can damn well go on the field if he wants to...

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
He's too busy coaching TWC

hqdefault.jpg

Congrats to Pegula and the WNY/southern Ontario region. :clap:

Aren't there a few posters that don't care for Pegula? I wonder if this changes their opinion at all :dunno:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
He just spent over a billion dollars to buy the Buffalo Bills, so he can damn well go on the field if he wants to...

And if he does the exact opposite, the Bills will be extending their putrid seasons another 15 years. I hope for Bills sake, he takes similar steps to build a winning franchise. Like putting people in place with a record of success in key areas. Just be quicker to fire/release dead wood.

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
And if he does the exact opposite, the Bills will be extending their putrid seasons another 15 years. I hope for Bills sake, he takes similar steps to build a winning franchise. Like putting people in place with a record of success in key areas. Just be quicker to fire/release dead wood.

I've said this previously....Regier had a proven track record. No one in the Buffalo front office has a track record of anything other that Buffalo mediocrity.

I'm assuming that when everything is official, he'll probably bring someone in a Ted Black-style Role and maybe a "President of Football Ops" role. ]

Firings/changes of the coaching staff/front office would come after the season.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Maybe I can start paying attention to this team again now. Hopefully he starts over from scratch with the front office and coaching staff at the end of the season.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
I've said this previously....Regier had a proven track record. No one in the Buffalo front office has a track record of anything other that Buffalo mediocrity.

I'm assuming that when everything is official, he'll probably bring someone in a Ted Black-style Role and maybe a "President of Football Ops" role. ]

Firings/changes of the coaching staff/front office would come after the season.

I agree. i was talking to my father about this. I was telling him if the Bills go 8-8 this year (an improvement over last season) we should give this group one more chance next year to see if they can make the playoffs. Any worse then 8-8 they should clean house.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe I can start paying attention to this team again now. Hopefully he starts over from scratch with the front office and coaching staff at the end of the season.

I had the same thought when I saw the news. If nothing else, it improves their personal relevance.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Let's get something clear: The Bills are NOT mired in mediocrity. If the Bills become mediocre that GM will be the toast of the town.

Their franchise hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 15 years. Kids currently in highschool were born after Buffalo's previous post season appearance. College sophomores weren't alive for the most recent post season victory.

The Buffalo Bills have been one of the least successful NFL franchises during their history.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I agree. i was talking to my father about this. I was telling him if the Bills go 8-8 this year (an improvement over last season) we should give this group one more chance next year to see if they can make the playoffs. Any worse then 8-8 they should clean house.

I wouldn't even bother. Just get who you want as soon as you can. Delaying because the current staff did something average doesn't make much sense.

I had the same thought when I saw the news. If nothing else, it improves their personal relevance.

Yup. I've said for a long time that Ralph was the main reason the Bills never did anything. We'll see if that changes under Pegula.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I wouldn't even bother. Just get who you want as soon as you can. Delaying because the current staff did something average doesn't make much sense.

Yup. I've said for a long time that Ralph was the main reason the Bills never did anything. We'll see if that changes under Pegula.

I think it was his daughter firing Bill Polian more than anything.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I think it was his daughter firing Bill Polian more than anything.

Even with Polian, he got lucky. The Bills sucked for a long time prior to Polian. You can blame it on his daughter if you want, Ralph was still the owner of the team. The Bills getting rid of Polian is just another example of how terrible of an owner he was.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
To me, it's bigger than the record or lack of success, what have you. The fact is, as despicable as they have been, the Bills are in my DNA...a part of my family...something that - along with the Sabres - my father and I share to an inseparable degree. Even if we continue to lose for a while, it'll be IN BUFFALO and I am thrilled with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad