Feb 27, 2008
giphy.webp

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Farabee for Krebs + 2nd

I feel like Briere is looking at Krebs and he still has potential.

Farabee is on the outs in Philly for some reason.
Flyers wouldn’t do this. Not a terrible offer, but not going to move the needle for us to move Farabee.

And to the original post, anything with Forester is of the table. Him and Michkov are basically untouchable right now.

Guys the Flyers could look to move. Laughton, Ristolainen in the short term.TK is a maybe if contract negotiations sour, but that probably won’t happen either.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Flyers wouldn’t do this. Not a terrible offer, but not going to move the needle for us to move Farabee.

And to the original post, anything with Forester is of the table. Him and Michkov are basically untouchable right now.

Guys the Flyers could look to move. Laughton, Ristolainen in the short term.TK is a maybe if contract negotiations sour, but that probably won’t happen either.

What even would the Flyers be looking at for Farabee? That's a question i've certainly wondered about myself, for reasons unrelated to this Buffalo proposal. I'd kill to have him in Vancouver. He'd be a fantastic complement to either of Pettersson or JT Miller. But it does feel like he's sort of an afterthought in Philly for some reason. Never get the impression they value his extremely robust even strength production the way they probably should. Never feels like they view him as a real long-term part of the future "core" for whatever reason.

Doubt the Canucks have much that would really get the ball rolling. Probably something like Podkolzin+ is where it'd start. It'd probably also have to have some sort of salary going back to make it work, and would kneecap Vancouver's ability to go out and get a much needed upgrade on defence for the time being. But i'd still at least be calling and kicking tires, trying to sus out what the value "ballpark" might look like for Farabee.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Although I think Farabee could have been included in trying to move up in the draft I don’t think he is actually available more than anyone else. He scored a ton of 5 on 5 pts, only 24, and on a good deal. I don’t see a good reason to trade him.

I would trade you guys Konecny or Laughton.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
What even would the Flyers be looking at for Farabee? That's a question i've certainly wondered about myself, for reasons unrelated to this Buffalo proposal. I'd kill to have him in Vancouver. He'd be a fantastic complement to either of Pettersson or JT Miller. But it does feel like he's sort of an afterthought in Philly for some reason. Never get the impression they value his extremely robust even strength production the way they probably should. Never feels like they view him as a real long-term part of the future "core" for whatever reason.

Doubt the Canucks have much that would really get the ball rolling. Probably something like Podkolzin+ is where it'd start. It'd probably also have to have some sort of salary going back to make it work, and would kneecap Vancouver's ability to go out and get a much needed upgrade on defence for the time being. But i'd still at least be calling and kicking tires, trying to sus out what the value "ballpark" might look like for Farabee.

For Farabee? Probably Kulich or Ostlund with a small add (maybe a 2nd?)

Krebs would be the ask for Laughton IMO.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010

So...unrelated to this thread mostly, in Canucks terms, it'd essentially be more like:

Podkolzin = Laughton territory.

Lekkerimaki = getting the ball rolling on Farabee?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Value-wise sure. But Lekkerimaki is a RW, it’d have to be a C prospect.

Very fair point. Philly seem that have one of them wells that's like Deep Water Horizon for RWs. Can't even cap it if you tried. :laugh:

Like i said, i doubt there's anything Vancouver has that would get things moving on Farabee. But i do very much like me a potential steal on a guy who seems criminally undervalued in the way Philly acts about it.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

Thanks for confirming to never visit your site. This is AWFUL value.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022

What about Jokiharju, rosen, 2nd for farabee Rosen has mid six upside with a chance at top six not as valued as kulich or ostlund but not by a huge margin, Jokiharju is a cost controlled 5d who can log minutes as a top 4 guy still has decent upside to become a legitimate and consistent 4d, and a 25 and 27 2nd

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Going to need a pretty good center prospect or young center for Farabee. I don't think Krebs does it without a very good sweetener.

Flyers put very high value on him and his contract, rightly so.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Not saying you're wrong, but it's absurd to have Foerster and Michkov on the same level.

Foerster scored at a 4th line level at age 22.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Would love Foerster on the Sabres. Greenway + Krebs? Would even take Laughton off your hands.

Reactions: freester

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Lol, the Flyers love Laughton.

"I was upfront with him," Briere said. "I told him that I wasn't shopping him. I wasn't going to trade him for fair value because he's more than fair value to us. The intangibles that he brings to the locker room is something that has no price. The other teams don't see that, but we do. I told him that we're not going to trade you if it’s just a fair trade. Someone would have to overstep and really knock it out of the ballpark for us to consider it.

"I did listen. I had a lot of teams interested in him, as you can imagine. ... But not good enough for us to let a player like that go, that is critical to the development of our locker room and the guys around him."

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Going to need a pretty good center prospect or young center for Farabee. I don't think Krebs does it without a very good sweetener.

Flyers put very high value on him and his contract, rightly so.
Krebs, rosen, 25 1st, and poltapov you can nab your center prospect with that first and poltapov looks like he will be a great bottom six forward with upside for a little more scoring punch

Reactions: jjr922 and FlyguyOX

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Lol, the Flyers love Laughton.

"I was upfront with him," Briere said. "I told him that I wasn't shopping him. I wasn't going to trade him for fair value because he's more than fair value to us. The intangibles that he brings to the locker room is something that has no price. The other teams don't see that, but we do. I told him that we're not going to trade you if it’s just a fair trade. Someone would have to overstep and really knock it out of the ballpark for us to consider it.

"I did listen. I had a lot of teams interested in him, as you can imagine. ... But not good enough for us to let a player like that go, that is critical to the development of our locker room and the guys around him."

Cool, keep him. No interest in Laughton for Buffalo.

thedjpd

Sponsor
Dec 12, 2002
San Jose, CA
Gotta think that would interest the Flyers big time.

It would not.

Flyers need top 6 C prospects, not more depth defenseman and middle 6 upside wingers, especially for a cost controlled top 6 winger with further upside.

I don’t bother without Kulich or Ostlund being in the package.

Reactions: FlyguyOX and Eegs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad