Value of: BUF - NYR Samuelsson to Rs futures + roster flex to Sabes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
This is a value of thread
Do not immediately have time to fully flesh this out.
So, peeps, discuss.
Keep it simple
play nice

Consideration 1: Timing is severely vs Sabes
saw in an article on Yardbarker they are about to be up vs it as to roster limits and players coming off and returning.
In order not to lose value and expose to waivers assets they prefer to keep, they need to lose a body or 2 and get back futures.

This could be an opportunity for Rangers
Rs do not have so many picks thanks to stupidity of win now vs bern advice
but do have handful of good prospects if Sammy is sent back
Rs can balance any deal by sending over Leshitshow/Belzille/Blidh who can be exposed to waiver wire and sent down w'o negative cap etc on the varsity roster.
Need good, actual RD which obv is short supply league wide.
Foundation piece LD is useful second tier seek.
Upon acquiring Sam. Rs can flip Lindgren, Jones

Everybody try to come up w/a REALISTIC package
I'm guessing w/o benefit of too much forethought here
something involving Henriksson + McConnell Barker + dumps /(+ ?)
for Samelsson +

as a base

again Sabes not inclined to do this typically, but are up vs it right now and a moving a young useful player is not preferable but a decent prospect package could be a fit this time around.

Play nice until I check in this pm

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Buffalo doesn’t touch this construct. The only players that make sense for the NYR are Casey and maybe Joker. Both are RFAs so could be more expensive than going elsewhere for UFAs.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He’s the actual dude on that blueline that plays defense, he’s young and he’s signed to a ridiculously good contract for 7 years that is just going to get better and better.

There is no “realistic” proposition to be made here.

The Sabres need another Samuelsson. Not to trade the one they have.

You've encapsulated it perfectly.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
NYR aren't trading Lindgren this season to offset a trade they make here. It's Just not happening even if you could find way to get Buffalo to blindly sign this offer.

No matter what you view Lindgren, the team loves him. They will not be throwing that wrench at their team during the season.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Bern, you're a mad man. Buffalo has at least three guys they could send through the waiver wire right now and not give one damn if another team takes them. But they're going to trade Samuelsson for futures they in no way shape or form need? Just close this thread.

Last edited:

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
So we are trading away the thing we are most lacking (defensive players) for something we have the highest abundance of (futures), because.......? You need to take 5 seconds and consider what the other teams needs are before you make ridiculous proposals.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Why does a team that doesn’t spend to the cap need roster flexibility? Sabres GM won’t acquire needed players with the copious space he has already.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
NYR not seeking D, they have pipeline behind Jones
IMHO Certainly not a D with no remaining Waiver exemptions

i know OP (hi friend) has been ready to jettison NYR's Lindgren for a while,
I have never agreed, or understood why, aside from Cap Hit
he is way harder to replace than the numbers might indicate

a smaller futures deal with Sabres,
around guys like 'their' Lindgren, the G Leinonen, or RW Nadeau (injured i believe?)
might find common ground if Buff has a particular need, or targets a particular prospect

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Having slaughtered the opening portion of it, I would think the defensive safety valve who handles the "takeout" part of the pair with Adam Fox is a non-starter. Why break what is working there? Lindgren is a warrior, gives up his body constantly to win physical confrontations and block shots. If the idea is that Samuelsson is needed to replace that, why is Lindgren being shipped out? Enlighten me.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Having slaughtered the opening portion of it, I would think the defensive safety valve who handles the "takeout" part of the pair with Adam Fox is a non-starter. Why break what is working there? Lindgren is a warrior, gives up his body constantly to win physical confrontations and block shots. If the idea is that Samuelsson is needed to replace that, why is Lindgren being shipped out? Enlighten me.

No one takes more abuse than this guy.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The pair actually hasn't been that effective in last calendar year or so and the consensus among Rangers fans is that it's because Lindgren is declining due to the abuse he takes.

Miller-Trouba is also so terrible that I want to die ineffective and I've been screaming at them to swap Miller and Lindgren just to see what happens.

The four players involved are probably fine (well, three of them are fine, the other is Adam Fox) but the pairs have each run their course imo.

Reactions: Chainshot

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
NYR not seeking D, they have pipeline behind Jones
IMHO Certainly not a D with no remaining Waiver exemptions

i know OP (hi friend) has been ready to jettison NYR's Lindgren for a while,
I have never agreed, or understood why, aside from Cap Hit
he is way harder to replace than the numbers might indicate

a smaller futures deal with Sabres,
around guys like 'their' Lindgren, the G Leinonen, or RW Nadeau (injured i believe?)
might find common ground if Buff has a particular need, or targets a particular prospect
hello to you as well, pal o meano/pal o mine o

agree or disagree, thanks for usual constructive 2 cents +

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad