Value of: BUF - NYR Samuelsson to Rs futures + roster flex to Sabes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and agree or disagree, I champion the competition of ideas. Just ask everyone be honest and substantiate what you say, preferably as objectively as possible.

Cap reality forces choices.
Exceptions to every rule, but rule applied here, Rs should have already sold high on Lindgren.
Preference to win now by hanging on to vets and not developing youth = long term failure to maximize possibilities.
I could be wrong, but recent history of Rs not getting far enough/winning the cup suggests I'm right.

As to Buch, apparently we agree.
And as to the rest of that,
LaF was a keeper; whether we should sell high now depends on the return, but unless it is a foundation piece, then no. So I agree w/Drury on not moving him before.
KK I am bullish on, we should not move esp if we think good health and correct linemates = good chemistry [as evidenced in the kid line], so no deal then, or for the time being now.

Kravtsov I was not super arrogant and insisted we draft him, I was ok with going along. Howev, my choice was the large righty shot RD Dobson, and if we had listened to me then, we would have been better off.
Shockingly I agree with you. Maybe there’s a chance for peace in the Middle East.

Laf has bounced back and his cap hit is very reasonable. Not a terrible spot to recover assets by flipping him in the offseason but there’s way too much hockey to be played until then and it appears the Rangers are going to see this out until its conclusion. Personally I think that will be seen as a mistake in hindsight.

Kakko is just not worth trading at this point and I agree he might have some upside.

I’m surprised you didn’t bring up Devon Toews in the bad cap management discussion. That would’ve been fair game. Same goes for trading the AHL version Verhaege for a minor league B goalie.

If only we were the GMs.

• Love
Reactions: bernmeister

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
this was not a firm proposal
it was attempting to assess if this helped move a roster body for futures, including this as one possible piece

Apparently, Sabes fans here consider Sam. more integral, and that's fine

Constructive post that deserves a like, but the pt of the article was that the bold would not be easy to do.

Sure it is. Jost and Bryson on waivers already, Comrie can go next.

And there are about a thousand other things the Sabres could and would do before pissing away a young player signed for term for an underwhelming package of non-NHL players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad