Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Says you or the actual data? By every measure if public analytics data he is actually is a very good 3c

Says me, the person who’s watched him play every game since he’s been drafted.

By all means, you’re free to look at the numbers and base your opinion on that.

But when you actually watch this guy play, you’re going to be left wanting more.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
How many Oiler fans stated this, if any at all?

Again, you're grasping at straws.
You can easily look back to the first pages and see these posts liked by Oilers fans. Don't be obtuse.

"Where are Oilers fans saying this?"

They're saying this here.

GRASPING AT STRAWS.

You are hilarious lol

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
Says me, the person who’s watched him play every game since he’s been drafted.

By all means, you’re free to look at the numbers and base your opinion on that.

But when you actually watch this guy play, you’re going to be left wanting more.
No offense by the numbers tell an actual scientific story and your eyes tell you an opinion - I’ll stick to the multiple data based takes and not biased non scientific ones

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Manitoba
You can easily look back to the first pages and see these posts liked by Oilers fans. Don't be obtuse.

"Where are Oilers fans saying this?"

They're saying this here.

GRASPING AT STRAWS.

You are hilarious lol
So you can't back up your claim, as expected.

Thanks for coming out.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
No offense by the numbers tell an actual scientific story and your eyes tell you an opinion - I’ll stick to the multiple data based takes and not biased non scientific ones

You can break hockey down into a science and stare at every chart and graph you want to for all I care

The fact is that the guy got out played by the likes of Derrick Ryan, Matthias Janmark, Connor Brown and Adam Henrique and was deemed expendable over all these other guys.

I don’t think he’s as good as the science is telling you, but we can agree to disagree

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
Good grief... lmao
Don't be dumb. OP asked where are the Oilers fans who are overrating Savoie. Very clearly some Oilers fans overrating him when he's being pegged as making the top 6 out of training camp & a Mercedes.

Are you 12? Who cares
You literally asked where are the Oilers fans who are overrating him lmao?

I answered your question. Christ you're dense.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Don’t let anyone fool you, if Savoie was 2 inches taller he probably goes for at least double his current value. It’s the size league is trending back to power forwards. This is a win win for the sake of Sabres upgrading Krebs, and Edmonton getting insane value. However, Sabres will lose the trade long term barring injuries keeping Savoie down.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Don't be dumb. OP asked where are the Oilers fans who are overrating Savoie. Very clearly some Oilers fans overrating him when he's being pegged as making the top 6 out of training camp & a Mercedes.

Gotcha, you enjoy inventing bogeymen to fight with.

No one thinks he's going to be a roster player next season.

Reactions: Skolman

KrakenSabresMike

Oct 7, 2020
You can break hockey down into a science and stare at every chart and graph you want to for all I care

The fact is that the guy got out played by the likes of Derrick Ryan, Matthias Janmark, Connor Brown and Adam Henrique and was deemed expendable over all these other guys.

I don’t think he’s as good as the science is telling you, but we can agree to disagree
Guess that’s why most teams are paying
Major bucks to build and maintain their analytics staffs around the league…plus this is not one source saying this on him it’s multiple.

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
This is Bergevin level bad. Panthers' asinine trade for Ben Chiarot's playoff resume was pretty awful but this is far beyond it. Edmonton has a lot quality players, one of them being the best player of 2000's. One shouldn't put too much weight on gritty 4th line warrior. Awful waste of a talent, no matter how glogged Sabres' top-6 might be. This is the return Buffalo got for one of their many wasted years.

I feel so bad for you. But it does feel kind of neat, when my team isn't paying part of these absolute bonkers dogshit trades Buffalo and LA has pulled lately.

Reactions: BFLO

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Guess that’s why most teams are paying
Major bucks to build and maintain their analytics staffs around the league…plus this is not one source saying this on him it’s multiple.

I totally get that and I believe analytics have a place

But I’m telling you this from first hand experience. If you are expecting him to be a dominant 3rd line Centre, then you are going to be disappointed.

Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
what comments? the ones in your head?
Screenshot_6-7-2024_19916_forums.hfboards.com.jpeg

I guess this is photoshop

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
"According to Lysowski, the Sabres decided to trade Matthew Savoie because of his history of injuries, particularly shoulder injuries."

Maybe Edmonton can pull a Vegas and LTIR him

Hoochi Papa

Oct 17, 2020
I would put money on the fact that more Oiler fans watched Savoie in junior than Sabres fans.

When you bring up "he had 3 goals in the last 5 games of the SCF which everybody just loves ignoring in their endless bashing", yes.
In his first four playoff games Aki Berg got 3 assists. Guy was built for postseason hockey. He quit f'n around and became Cale Makar in Lindros' body. Too bad Kings fumbled with such a franchise altering talent.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

But I’m telling you this from first hand experience. If you are expecting him to be a dominant 3rd line Centre, then you are going to be disappointed.

Dominant? No. Useful compared to the filler they had on their third line? Sure.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
He’s not an effective 3C which is why we had to trade for Henrique.
Edmonton and Buffalo are in very different stages.

Edmonton is looking to become a cup contender where as Buffalo is just looking to find player to insulate some of the rookies from joining the NHL too soon

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
I think the big disconnect between Oilers fans and Sabres fans here come from McLeods play in the playoffs.

Oilers are coming off a very long playoff run where every shift is magnified. Everything he did was under a microscope. He didn’t perform great.

Sabres fans don’t care. We haven’t seen the playoffs in 13 years. Quite a few posters legitimately have never coherently watched a Sabres playoff game.

His analytics for the regular season are pretty good. He will probably help the Sabres. It’s a big overpay. It’s even worse considering if we do make the playoffs - he probably won’t help that much.

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021

I think people are just expecting a 30ish point defensive C who can win some faceoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad