Confirmed Trade: [BUF/EDM] Ryan McLeod and Tyler Tullio for Matt Savoie

McXLNC97

Mar 20, 2007
B.C.
It wouldn't surprise me if Savoie becomes Logan Stankoven-like trade deadline call up in lieu of a trade for another player. Yeah, Savoie is small, but stick him on Draisatl's wing and he'll be extremely effective.

I've always felt the McLeod brothers lacked anything between the ears. I highly doubt Ryan McLeod ever eclipses 40 points in a season. He can skate fast, but can't think the game at a high level.

Mcleod's game fell off a cliff around the time his brother got charged. Who knows where is head will be at if the guy gets convicted.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Sure buddy, keep telling people that. Your word means nothing.

Ryan McLeod is the more valuable piece in this deal, and if you did watch those “100 games” you so claim to have watched you would know this.

Matthew Savoies won’t help Edmonton win that game 7, but more Ryan McLeod’s will. I hate this move for Edmonton.
This. Is. Gold.

Reactions: Oilhawks

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
In terms of hockey sense, Mikey McLeod was actually an excellent 2/3C for the Devils this year. One of their most important players after Hughes, Hamilton, and Hischier (for a while) went down. He obviously has no common sense, but if we're talking hockey, then he was more than fine.
NJD likely makes the playoffs if McLeod remains on the team.

He was absolutely carrying the bottom 6.

Reactions: ameselare

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Size is absolutely irrelevant when you're talking Ryan McLeod.

Stop embarrassing yourself in here, holy s*** :laugh:
No kidding.

I see many people in this thread have no idea what kind of game McLeod plays at all. He doesn’t make any team harder to play against in any way at all, quite the opposite.

Reactions: Davo Ikinzom

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
He brings size and Speed to the lineup, that’s what you need more of in the playoffs, not less.
His size his useless, he doesn't hit or go to the net or nothing where it is beneficial. So his size means nothing. He was one of the worst players on the Oilers during the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Ryan McLeod is the more valuable piece in this deal, and if you did watch those “100 games” you so claim to have watched you would know this.

Matthew Savoies won’t help Edmonton win that game 7, but more Ryan McLeod’s will. I hate this move for Edmonton.

Adam Henrique helps them more in a game 7 than either of those players. This makes cap space for Henrique. Savoie is just a nice piece to have, they can keep and develop him or use him for a trade deadline deal.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I liked McLeod, but Buffalo fans will quickly see why the nickname “Fly-By” McLeod is fitting.

Guy can play, but he isn’t remotely physical, and is not a guy to engage in any hard fought puck battles.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Oilers are getting rid of him because they 1. can’t afford him, and 2. Are too caught up on “9th overall selection 2 years ago” just like they did with Griffin Reinhart in 2015.
3. Signed a better 3C (Henrique) and better wingers (Arvidsson, Skinner, Janmark, Brown) and have a kid who is looking to break out (Holloway) and Kane.

Oilers bringing Perry back was a head scratcher but now it makes some sense.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Are you really using height as a measure for anticipated playoff success? That's pretty silly, especially when the 6'3 guy was just invisible for most of the playoffs.
He was constantly being aggressive on the forecheck and applying pressure to defences. I know the stat sheet doesn’t value contributions like that but I sure as hell do.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005

More Ryan McLeod’s help you win?

Absolutely not.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Signed his life away after this

1720215998551.png

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
His size his useless, he doesn't hit or go to the net or nothing where it is beneficial. So his size means nothing.
He uses it well to get the upper hand when driving to the net with the puck, I know he isn’t the smartest player but just because hems not on your team anymore doesn’t mean he’s a bad player.

• Haha
Reactions: ManofSteel55

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

How is McLeod the more valuable piece in this deal if Edmonton had to add to McLeod to get Savoie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad