OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
I guess the Bucs better start looking at acquiring a wr before the deadline, in addition to a CB and maybe edge. Evans will likely be dealing with the injury for the rest of tbe season given the nature of hamstrings, and Godwin is now done for another season. Since the receivers are garbage after them, if Licht wants to salvage anything out of thos season, it's time to start trading asap.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
There's a particularly bad night against Peyton Manning we don't talk about. That was bad

That game didn’t ruin a special year and potentially end the careers of two franchise players though.

Now obviously it sounds like Evans is fine and hopefully CG can recover.

I would put the Rams NFC championship loss at #2 because of Emannuals “dropped” pass.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
That game didn’t ruin a special year and potentially end the careers of two franchise players though.

I would put the Rams NFC championship loss at #2 because of Emannuals “dropped” pass.
That Manning comeback basically ended the careers of that entire Super Bowl winning defense, lol. They never got that mojo back.

• Haha
Reactions: Rschmitz

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

To this day I still hate the Rams because of that stupid call. We were gonna punch it in with Alstott no questions asked.

Reactions: Rschmitz and Hoek

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
That Manning comeback basically ended the careers of that entire Super Bowl winning defense, lol. They never got that mojo back.

Was pretty crazy in hindsight how that happened, we were like one of the best offenses/defenses in the league statistically and bulldozing one of the best teams in the league. After that game we were what, 4-1? Pissed to choke the game away in historic fashion, but not sick at the prospect of the season being over. We had the rest of the season that year to digest that our teams confidence/attitude had imploded.

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Was pretty crazy in hindsight how that happened, we were like one of the best offenses/defenses in the league statistically and bulldozing one of the best teams in the league. After that game we were what, 4-1? Pissed to choke the game away in historic fashion, but not sick at the prospect of the season being over. We had the rest of the season that year to digest that our teams confidence/attitude had imploded.
No. We were quite literally alternating wins and losses for like the first 6 weeks, routinely pissing way winnable games up to that Colts game. We lost that game and the bottom fell out. Sadly that very well sums up Gruden's Bucs career rather well outside the SB year

Reactions: Hoek

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.

This wasn't going to be a "special year" regardless. The defense is utter trash and so is the coaching staff.

Reactions: DMB06

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
No. We were quite literally alternating wins and losses for like the first 6 weeks, routinely pissing way winnable games up to that Colts game. We lost that game and the bottom fell out. Sadly that very well sums up Gruden's Bucs career rather well outside the SB year

Well I went and looked it up...was 20 years ago. We weren't undefeated like I remember, we were 2-1 going into that game with an OT loss.

We won the next game 35-13 and threw a shutout two games later. Not exactly the bottom falling out.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Defense hadn't really been fully healthy and now we get that issue on offense. We are not a deep team beyond the starters. Most teams aren't but it's a difference maker. Not sure how much a move does for them because before the injuries I'm not sure we were sb contenders. Keep the picks and keep building on the team and maybe still keep Godwin? He was really good this year and him & me13 are really still one of best duos in football.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Defense hadn't really been fully healthy and now we get that issue on offense. We are not a deep team beyond the starters. Most teams aren't but it's a difference maker. Not sure how much a move does for them because before the injuries I'm not sure we were sb contenders. Keep the picks and keep building on the team and maybe still keep Godwin? He was really good this year and him & me13 are really still one of best duos in football.
If the Bucs are willing to pay Godwin the big $, then I'm sure he'll stay. If they try to lowball him, well, there will be many teams more than willing to go after a player of his talents.

Last edited:

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
The Bucs need to go out amd make a couple of trades, and the sooner the better. For a team that was talking itself up like they could be a contender at the start of the year, doing nothing now just signals you've given up on the season. The next 3 games are crucial, and they aren't winning a single one with tbelr #1 and #2 wr's being g Sterling Shepard and Jalen McMillan lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad