OT: Buccaneers, Rays & Other Tampa Bay Sports Teams

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Wonder if they can fix that in time for next season. I guess so. But man that's a lot of money and work they gotta spend for a stadium they're moving out of..

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

As far as I am concerned, move the Rays to Steinbrenner Field for the last 3 years and be done with it. If the A's can play in Sacramento we can do this. I'm not saying I never once had a great night at Tropicana Field and countless memories. I'm saying this may not be the most appropriate option while the other side of the Bay is ready to welcome the Rays with open arms. And Steinbrenner Field just *chefs kiss*

Now watch Stu use this as an excuse to fire sale the team again

Reactions: Hoek

These Are The Days

I need about tree fiddy
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Can't imagine it's designed for dealing with rain falling in so they definitely need to close it somehow
@Felonious Python this is where I'm at with it. I don't know if the Trop is even considered safe with the roof being open or if it can even handle being open. But there are a bunch of ballparks that can host Rays even if the plan was to be back in the Trop by like May; assuming the cost isn't extraordinary. Like Steinbrenner was a mere suggestion at most and I think the Rays would do something like that for a few months versus being on the road.

But if this is gonna be some crazy thing like $70 million, then I say just forget it. That money is better spent on the new park and work out a deal with an "A League" park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad