Waived: Alex Barré-Boulet on Waivers (Purpose to be sent to Laval)

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Expected at some, he wouldn't be anywhere the line-up if it wasn't for Laine's injury.
But I think Heineman simply beat him with his good showing in a limited role.

Reactions: Habs13

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I didn't think he'd stick, but I'm surprised it was this early. I didn't think he looked bad.
I don’t think he looked bad, but if you like what you see from Kap and Hein who to keep is a bit of a no brainer. If he clears he will get more reps at some point.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I don't know why they do this because he's a perfect 13th/14th forward due to age/not really needing dev time, and Laval doesn't have quite someone like that to call up (please don't name Farrell it's credibility-damaging) UNLESS they're calling up an 8th D.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
ABB was good in the preseason, but he didn't show nearly as well when the games started to matter.

Then you add in the fact that both Heineman and Kapanen have been pretty good in their roles, that Pezzetta alone is enough to ride the pressbox, that our GM potentially wants to accrue some capspace to maybe do something later down the road, and it was just written in the cards for ABB to be sent down, as others have said.

I don't think we're sending Mailloux up as well, he still needs to cook in the AHL. Maybe revisit the possibility of a call-up come January/February if Mailloux has kept playing well and shown some positive development.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
If you aren't absolutely elite/top 15 in the world at something like shooting/passing/skating when you are a smaller player....you just won't succeed in NHL.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
I think he looked good.

Hopefully he doesn't get claimed and can stay around Montreal to be with his family more.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If you aren't absolutely elite/top 15 in the world at something like shooting/passing/skating when you are a smaller player....you just won't succeed in NHL.
What's gally top 15 in? Poor skater, poor shot, can't pass, fight, or hit. Though he shouldn't be in the NHL anymore. Top 5 in making marc Bergevin cry.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
I don't know why they do this because he's a perfect 13th/14th forward due to age/not really needing dev time, and Laval doesn't have quite someone like that to call up (please don't name Farrell it's credibility-damaging) UNLESS they're calling up an 8th D.

If there is no plan to dress him in a game for the foreseeable future, why keep him in the stands when he can play in Laval?

Reactions: rahad

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC

Because we already have a 13th in Pezzetta. Why leave a point per game AHLer in the press box instead of sending him to Laval where he can help the team? We don't need 14 forwards.

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
What's gally top 15 in? Poor skater, poor shot, can't pass, fight, or hit. Though he shouldn't be in the NHL anymore. Top 5 in making marc Bergevin cry.
determination - used to have. a decent shot before he got robohand.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
If there is no plan to dress him in a game for the foreseeable future, why keep him in the stands when he can play in Laval?

Because we already have a 13th in Pezzetta. Why leave a point per game AHLer in the press box instead of sending him to Laval where he can help the team? We don't need 14 forwards.

Let's say Jake Evans gets a slight injury next game -- nothing serious, nothing IR, just something that keeps out for 3 games or so. The 13th forward -- Pezzetta -- steps in.

But then Josh Anderson gets the shits 2 hours before the game. Boom, 11 forwards.

(I do admit this is a BIT moot because we aren't going further than Washington before Nov. 14 -- I didn't know we had such a soft schedule to start the season)

Jul 6, 2016
Maybe a trade is coming… Barron for ????…and they will recall Mailloux or Roy.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Dude hasn't brought less than Kapanen, but unless this is a "there's no injuries league wide, let's send him down now so he can clear later" then I get it.

Could be a cap saving thing, too, as it's a loan oppose to being assigned ?

Maybe a trade is coming… Barron for ????…and they will recall Mailloux or Roy.
I'm sorry, but Roy is slipping away from being on the Habs. He's dropping in prospect rankings with every game he doesn't care in, he's pouting, or whatever he's doing

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Let's say Jake Evans gets a slight injury next game -- nothing serious, nothing IR, just something that keeps out for 3 games or so. The 13th forward -- Pezzetta -- steps in.

But then Josh Anderson gets the shits 2 hours before the game. Boom, 11 forwards.

(I do admit this is a BIT moot because we aren't going further than Washington before Nov. 14 -- I didn't know we had such a soft schedule to start the season)

They can call him back up if a forward gets injured next game

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Top 15 in being an annoying and persistent tough sob with a lot of heart. Not worth his salary but he gives everything he has every night.

But yes, back to ABB. He's fine as a call up in case of multiple injuries but shouldn't be playing a Top 6 role anywhere in the NHL and he's just not a prototype bottom 6 type player.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
oOUiiQN.gif

This time, ABB is truly barred … 💀

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad