Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXIII

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
looking forward to watching our boy Edward and the Knights open their Mem Cup today vs Drummondville

Maybe he's looking for greener pastures
wonder if he see`s no path for him within this org with Sway more than likely to be locked up long term this summer, Bussi as backup , Keyser and Depietro in Providence?

Reactions: Raleighfern

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
looking forward to watching our boy Edward and the Knights open their Mem Cup today vs Drummondville

wonder if he see`s no path for him within this org with Sway more than likely to be locked up long term this summer, Bussi as backup , Keyser and Depietro in Providence?

Perhaps he is, No idea what is going on. Have the Bruins offered? No idea

I don't think there is any chance Keyser is back next year. But Depietro will likely be in Providence (he will need to clear waivers, but I expect he will). In addition Vinnie Deplesis and Ryan Bischel have signed AHL contracts for next year.

That said, Dyck is 20, all of the other players are 25 or over. So if he were willing to sign with Boston he would be very well position to develop for his ELC< and be ready to take over an NHL backup slot around age 23, as most if not all of the guys in front of him will be gone by then (including Bussi who if he proves he can play will quickly become too expensive in a couple of years)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Perhaps he is, No idea what is going on. Have the Bruins offered? No idea

I don't think there is any chance Keyser is back next year. But Depietro will likely be in Providence (he will need to clear waivers, but I expect he will). In addition Vinnie Deplesis and Ryan Bischel have signed AHL contracts for next year.

That said, Dyck is 20, all of the other players are 25 or over. So if he were willing to sign with Boston he would be very well position to develop for his ELC< and be ready to take over an NHL backup slot around age 23, as most if not all of the guys in front of him will be gone by then (including Bussi who if he proves he can play will quickly become too expensive in a couple of years)
I may have missed Deplessis signing for next year.

He signed an ATO on April 19 because they needed a goaltender and was then released.

If you have a link to the signing, it would be appreciated.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I may have missed Deplessis signing for next year.

He signed an ATO on April 19 because they needed a goaltender and was then released.

If you have a link to the signing, it would be appreciated.

My bad, I saw the signing and not the release. It will be interesting to see if Vinnie gets a look again, or somewhere else.

Still my point remains that the is no one within 5 years of Dyck age in the system, so it would be a fine place where he could develop, and if he does develop over his entry level contract he'd be well positioned to take a run at the NHL backup job at age 23. But still I have no idea if he or the Bruins are interested in it

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

if that's the case, he's getting bad advice from his agent. assume he will need a few years
of AHL seasoning, and none of those guys you mentioned are blocking his path other than
swayman. the bruins seem to develop goalies well - if i'm him, i sign today and if my path
is blocked down the road, someone will trade for you if you are good enough.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
if that's the case, he's getting bad advice from his agent. assume he will need a few years
of AHL seasoning, and none of those guys you mentioned are blocking his path other than
swayman. the bruins seem to develop goalies well - if i'm him, i sign today and if my path
is blocked down the road, someone will trade for you if you are good enough.
He signed an ATO when his season ended in the WHL. If he wasn't interested in signing with the Bruins, he never would have signed the ATO.

The question is, has he been offered an ELC?

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He signed an ATO when his season ended in the WHL. If he wasn't interested in signing with the Bruins, he never would have signed the ATO.

The question is, has he been offered an ELC?
certainly a good question. he looks like a good prospect and they've signed worse guys, so
would be surprising if they didn't (also assume them getting him in on an ATO suggests they
like him enough to sign him)

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins will bring in an experienced vet to push Bussi cause that's what they do
And by experienced I mean a Keith Kinkaid, Jon Gillies type not a Jack Campbell tyoe

Isn't that Dipietro? He'll be 25 this summer. Heck Bussi himself will be 26.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Technically it could be DiPietro but I was thinking more of an up and down type goalie like Louis Domingue
maybe a guy like chris driedger who has pretty good numbers in small sample size in
NHL. he'll be looking for short money, think he'd be nice fit/competition for bussi.
still crazy to me they never gave bussi any NHL action - hard to pencil a guy in without
seeing him play at this level.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Oh oh careful! Those are fighting words! 😉
Nope argument from me. I mentioned Dipietro was the top of his class in junior just as a fact for posters. I understand and have mentioned many times how many Major Junior players never get so much as a cup of coffee in pro. Only maybe 2% make it. Could be less. Never made the inference he would be a good pro goalie. I watched junior hockey for almost 50 years and the Bruins for over 7 decades and still don't know a hell of a lot. We had OHL Ranger season tickets for over 20 years. Attended games from 1976 until Covid hit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kegs

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Nope argument from me. I mentioned Dipietro was the top of his class in junior just as a fact for posters. I understand and have mentioned many times how many Major Junior players never get so much as a cup of coffee in pro. Only maybe 2% make it. Could be less. Never made the inference he would be a good pro goalie. I watched junior hockey for almost 60 years and the Bruins for over 7 decades and still don't know a hell of a lot. We had OHL Ranger season tickets for over 20 years. Attended games from 1976 until Covid hit.
I was just kidding!

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I think the point is more, A guys Junior resume is irrelevant 5 years into their pro career
I agree. Just mentioned Dipietro was good in junior. Junior to pro is a massive difference. Most couldn't make the AHL.

I was just kidding!
Don't scare me. I'm old. I was Gordie Howe's PeeWee coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad