Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Yes I do. That's my opinion. I'm not surprised anyone would question it. That's what this is about. I'm more surprised that no one asked why I left Ryan Mast off the list.

Guess the Bruins just have an elite prospect pool that'll be all the odds. They certainly need it

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Dammit! I'm going against my better judgement and releasing my ignoramuses ... I'm missing out on the quality entertainment in here.
I knew I sucked on my Bruins prospects but looking back to my 1978 WHA’s Future thesis I did my freshman year in college, I wrote Gretzky too soft and choppy a skater if they merge will be eaten alive by Cherry’s Lunch Pail Bruins

Thankfully I have the only copy and own a shredder

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
What surprises me the most is this thread gets very little action throughout the year until Cory Pronman writes an article then it's the busiest thread here.

Doesn’t surprise me, it’s mid august and there is absolutely nothing going on. So perfect time for people to get their panties in a bunch over how much they hate pronman

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs and LSCII

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Guess the Bruins just have an elite prospect pool that'll be all the odds. They certainly need it
I never said they were elite. There are plenty of players playing in the NHL that are not elite.

Because he’s never going to make it, like the vast majority of their draft picks lately….
Okay Lonnie. It's the invasion of the SIM league.

• Haha
Reactions: Kegs and LSCII

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I never said they were elite. There are plenty of players playing in the NHL that are not elite.

What can I say? You have way more faith in Sweeney and the Bruins scouts than I do. It's fine too. I love the optimism and absolutely hope you're right. The team and this roster have quite a few holes and cost effective, young, internal candidates would remedy their cap issues as well.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
What can I say? You have way more faith in Sweeney and the Bruins scouts than I do. It's fine too. I love the optimism and absolutely hope you're right. The team and this roster have quite a few holes and cost effective, young, internal candidates would remedy their cap issues as well.
I think managements done well. I’m happy. I even think Locmelis and poitras might be extra special.

Reactions: LSCII

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

They are-l

you Remember the Remco Monkey Division Army Helmets that were all the rage as a kid ? At least in U.S. circa 1964

The HFL league is sitting around wearing them and mobilizing via walkie talkie: Operation - Defend Pronman List

@Gee Wally you had one I hope ? They were so bad ass - I have me wearing one in kindergarten holding a Tommy gun

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
They are-l

you Remember the Remco Monkey Division Army Helmets that were all the rage as a kid ? At least in U.S. circa 1964

The HFL league is sitting around wearing them and mobilizing via walkie talkie: Operation - Defend Pronman List

@Gee Wally you had one I hope ? They were so bad ass - I have me wearing one in kindergarten holding a Tommy gun
Nah, but I will still bully you for forgetting your draft list at home and also for selecting Chris Pelosi. :laugh::laugh:

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
All my hard work for nothing
No I took a good 7 - 8 of your guys because you gave me lesser known sleepers

It was middle rounds I had made notes on and a list I had back in May & June and never looked after NHL draft

Bruins fourth rounder Hendrickson I had a shot at and to Hamilton C Patrick Thomas

Wish I had a do over

Isn’t Pelosi & Hendrickson same USHL team?

He also left his bottle of Tito's and bottle of lemonade at my house.
Yeh I was to busy loading up on the food

Dr Quincy’s one phenomenal host - worth putting up with Sweeney stuff for such a great day

Your dog though is the star

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
They are-l

had one of these. Took D batteries. Made shooting noise and orange at end went in and out.
Used to play ‘army’ in tall grass treed area behind my house. Used to buy stick matches and roll them in sap that oozed from the trees. They‘d smoke lik crazy. Through them at each other as smoke bombs. Until one day I set the tall grass on fire. Wind blew it right into the Morrelo’s chicken coop. Burned it to the ground. I was so scared and ashamed I didnt tell my mom until I was almost 30.

IMG_0958.jpeg

Last edited:

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
had one of these. Took D batteries. Made shooting noise and orange at end went in and out.
Used to play ‘army’ in tall grass treed area behind my house. Used to buy stick matches and roll them in sap that oozed from the trees. They‘d smoke lik crazy. Through them at each other as smoke bombs. Until one day I set the tall grass on fire. Wind blew it right into the Morrelo’s chicken coop. Burned it to the ground. I was so scared and ashamed I didnt tell my mom until I was almost 30.

View attachment 738519
wrong thread, and mine wasn't near as bad but....

as a kid i was squeezing a ketchup packet really hard...it managed to explode.....right on our white tiled ceiling. I couldn't reach the ceiling standing on a chair, so i got a wet bath towel and tried to swab the ceiling while jumping off the arm of the chair..... I managed to get enough off that no one ever noticed....good thing it was by a doorway so when you walked into the room you didn't see it.....but I sure noticed those streaks all the time

Maybe we could have a "what did you get away with as a kid" thread

Tbaybruin

Feb 2, 2016
Bruins fans or anyone following prospects should look at several local writers/fans lists

Likely the top 7 or 8 will be within a couple spots

If the Bruins resign DeBrusk they need a top 6 winger (jury still out on Lysell - actually jury out on everyone of their prospects)- if not they need two wingers with top 1-2 line skills

Defense & goal in a good spot

Center - they been pounding this area last 26 months and Zacha is legit second liner

We gotta just wait another month before these guys hit ice

Phil Perry describes foreseeable future as 2 years and for the foreseeable future they are good and could be very good to great hitting on even 2 prospects and a significant FA

Certainly a miracle isn’t needed
I love your posts but Pronger missed 2 game 4’s and Anaheim won both on the way to winning the cup. Zacha is not a cup winning #2. If we pick up a legit center by Feb. and Zacha is on wing with Pasta I will be thrilled.

Bruins fans or anyone following prospects should look at several local writers/fans lists

Likely the top 7 or 8 will be within a couple spots

If the Bruins resign DeBrusk they need a top 6 winger (jury still out on Lysell - actually jury out on everyone of their prospects)- if not they need two wingers with top 1-2 line skills

Defense & goal in a good spot

Center - they been pounding this area last 26 months and Zacha is legit second liner

We gotta just wait another month before these guys hit ice

Phil Perry describes foreseeable future as 2 years and for the foreseeable future they are good and could be very good to great hitting on even 2 prospects and a significant FA

Certainly a miracle isn’t needed
I love your posts but Pronger missed 2 game 4’s and Anaheim won both on the way to winning the cup. Zacha is not a cup winning #2. If we pick up a legit center by Feb. and Zacha is on wing with Pasta I will be thrilled.

Reactions: DKH

Dreghorn2

He's a Good Boy!
Feb 8, 2005

View attachment 738519

Ok i must post.

That gun was absolutely awesome.

I can still remember a kid showing up with one during our usual 'war games' in the woods behind our sub division. I was blown away, most of us were still using sticks.

Memories from that time are still vivid, memories in succeeding years not so much. Strange.

Reactions: Gee Wally

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I really don’t care who thinks they have shit prospects.
Exactly, the cream will come to the top regardless of what Pronman or anyone else thinks of them. Do we have top shelf prospects? I don't think so. Do we have all we need except a 1C , I think we do.

All Swenelly needs to do is somehow acquire a 1C and we can continue to be contenders for years to come.

Think about it. If this team can acquire a 1C without giving up a top roster player , they are in business.

The 4 top they have need to remain in tackt. Wouldn't be a bad idea to look at a replacement for Marchy but I think there's time for that.

While we don't have top prospects we have a lot of top shelf bottom 6 prospects. They are the under the radar way to build a bottom 6.

Things aren't as dire as many here think. We probably have to deal with an underwhelming season but we're a top C away from being a a contender for years to come. I hope management realizes that's all they need.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Crazy that updrafted is almost equal to 5th, 6th, and 7th round put together. Bruins seem good at attracting those.
The consolation prize to not having top end prospects. I mean, what better team to prosper on than a team that doesn't have top end prospects. That's what undrafted prospects are by definition.

Also, given that the Bruins have given up a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks, I would bet there are a least 2 top 9 F and 1 top 4 D in the prospect pool.

That's pretty good I would think.

I know I've said this before but all this team needs is a 1C without giving up anyone in the top 6.

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I know I've said this before but all this team needs is a 1C without giving up anyone in the top 6.
Agreed.

It will take a very shrewd deal or an all-hands-on-deck blitz from the Scouting Department to get that done. I think if they look under enough rocks they might be able to find someone, but it will take a little effort on their part. The next top center isn’t just going to walk into the dressing room and say, “here I am!” Or maybe he will. Who knows?

I’m actually very intrigued to see how this is solved.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I really don’t care who thinks they have shit prospects.
They have 6 prospects i would categorize as falling under top 4 wing, top 4 D, top 2 G, and center who can play regular on one of top 3 lines

They overall have a good to very good foundation in Boston for foreseeable future so a Farm in bottom 25% not a issue as long as you got a handful of prospects

NHL Network when covering Bruins 2023-24 said their G & D are both in conversation for best in game

Add that both Lohrei & Bussi are legit prospects and close is a very good situation

They have added close to 10 centers through draft, trade (Zacha), college FA (Merkulov & Farinacci). FA (Geekie)

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Crazy that updrafted is almost equal to 5th, 6th, and 7th round put together. Bruins seem good at attracting those.
The consolation prize to not having top end prospects. I mean, what better team to prosper on than a team that doesn't have top end prospects. That's what undrafted prospects are by definition.

Also, given that the Bruins have given up a lot of 1st and 2nd round picks, I would bet there are a least 2 top 9 F and 1 top 4 D in the prospect pool.

That's pretty good I would think.

I wouldn’t now

The best team though has a Coyle - Freddy third line

Ideally I’d like to see

Frederic/ Coyle/ Geekie third line

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Reality is there is only so much you can do with your prospect pool when you're consistently finishing in the top third in the league and on top of that not infrequently giving up good picks mostly to chase short-term success. Just about every team that's won a Cup in the last 15 years had to go through a rough patch and finish in the bottom 5 in the league at some point in the decade prior to achieving the ultimate success (Vegas are an outlier for obvious reasons), and most used that opportunity to inject important top-end talent that paid off down the road. That's the way of it in a cap and draft system. The Bruins haven't truly been in that position for a long time and it's why the draft in the year that shan't be named was so important for them to get absolutely right. Unfortunately that didn't happen and there's been a price to pay for that too.

Nonetheless I think overall Sweeney's drafting record hasn't been terrible. Plenty of room for debate on that as all well know, but he's delivered at least something and while there was scope for more it must also be acknowledged that there has been a definite ceiling on what was realistically achievable. And I think what that means is it doesn't really matter if you rank Boston's prospect pool as 22nd or 32nd, the end result, give or take, is much the same - in the short term at least the Bruins aren't going to build a Cup winner around homegrown young talent. It could help, but it won't be a major factor. So either they're going to have to do it a different way, or eventually they're going to have to follow the 'standard' model and accept, endure and ideally cash in on a legitimate downward swing.

Reactions: DKH and Kegs

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
I wouldn’t now

The best team though has a Coyle - Freddy third line

Ideally I’d like to see

Frederic/ Coyle/ Geekie third line

Agreed, the #1 center position desperately needs to be addressed next offseason when all the cap opens up for them.

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad