Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH
Played hockey with a kid with the same type of injury from a slapshot. He had to lose one unfortunately. As a goalie, I've been hit there and even with a cup on that is painful.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
If Schaller stays with the Bruins, Providence centers will be young and a bit inexperienced.

Cazarnik and Griffith? Seems like decent enough age and experience for the AHL. Cave also with a year under his belt and Kuraly will be a 23 year old rookie. Not that I think Schaller will stick with the big club, but Providence seems fine without him

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
updating after development camp, a top 30. vatrano/c.miller not included - using a 25 NHL games rule for graduation from "prospect"...

1 - mcavoy
2 - senyshyn
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - debrusk
11 - gabrielle
12 - donato
13 - o'gara
14 - bjork
15 - czarnik
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - cehlarik
20 - vladar
21 - johansson
22 - fitzgerald
23 - sherman
24 - arnesson
25 - blidh
26 - ferlin
27 - clarke
28 - kuraly
29 - steen
30 - hughes

HM...koppanen, hargrove, becker, hickman, benning* (may go UFA)

edit: forgot ferlin, griffith off list, forgot he passed 25-game NHL mark

Last edited:

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I have a feeling, after seeing them in D.C., that Donato and Bjork will jump up that ladder soon.

agree. i did a little shifting after reading more in depth from a few folks i know that attended.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
What a change from the days when Shane Stevenson was the only light on the horizon

Sweeney gets the need to development from within and that it takes time to do it right .....I hope but am not so sure he gets the time to harvest the seeds he has planted. Should be a fun place again in the next 2-3 years

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
agree. i did a little shifting after reading more in depth from a few folks i know that attended.

I don't think I'm a constant koolaid drinker, but that's a damn fine group of prospects. I'd like to think over guys are higher but who do they knock out of he way? Who drops? Not sure. Very tight top 10, 15.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
WILMINGTON — Defenseman Matt Grzelcyk has skated at TD Garden plenty of times wearing the red and white of Boston University. He’s crossed the Spoked-B at center ice, put pucks in the back of the arena’s nets, and even helped raise a couple of banners to the rafters.

Now the Charlestown native has his sights set on doing it in black and gold.

“Any player would like to obviously play with the big club,†Grzelcyk said Thursday after participating in the Bruins development camp at Ristuccia Arena. “I really haven’t had any discussions or anything like that, I’m just trying to work as hard as I can to get to that level.

“Obviously I’ve had that comfortable factor playing at the Garden, playing in Beanpots and Hockey East championships, stuff like that. But to throw that ‘B’ on your chest would be a little extra benefit for sure.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...e-like-home/2YGL4oiTNt305KLIgUOW6N/story.html

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
If Schaller stays with the Bruins, Providence centers will be young and a bit inexperienced.

i don't see schaller making the team. but he's a decent option to play 10-15 games when the inevitable injury bug hits. especially since randell is your #13 forward in all likelihood, and there's not a lot of good reason to carry 14 forwards when cap hits tally by the day.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Really says something about the pool when so many observers can be impressed with the quality and depth of talent... and Senyshyn and Forsbacka-Karlsson didn't even show up.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
updating after development camp, a top 30. vatrano/c.miller not included - using a 25 NHL games rule for graduation from "prospect"...

1 - mcavoy
2 - senyshyn
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - debrusk
11 - gabrielle
12 - donato
13 - o'gara
14 - bjork
15 - czarnik
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - cehlarik
20 - vladar
21 - johansson
22 - fitzgerald
23 - sherman
24 - arnesson
25 - griffith
26 - blidh
27 - clarke
28 - kuraly
29 - steen
30 - hughes

HM...koppanen, becker, benning* (may go UFA)

don't think i missed anyone, but eric can confirm :)

I look at 17 to 22 on your list and I can't help but think there have been some years where guys with their skill set would be considered our top 6.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA

1 - mcavoy
2 - senyshyn
3 - heinen
4 - lauzon
5 - JFK
6 - zboril
7 - lindgren
8 - subban
9 - carlo
10 - debrusk
11 - gabrielle
12 - donato
13 - o'gara
14 - bjork
15 - czarnik
16 - frederic
17 - grzelcyk
18 - mcintyre
19 - cehlarik
20 - vladar
21 - johansson
22 - fitzgerald
23 - sherman
24 - arnesson
25 - blidh
26 - clarke
27 - kuraly
28 - steen
29 - hughes
30 - koppanen

HM...becker, benning* (may go UFA)

edit: griffith off list, forgot he passed 25-game NHL mark

Well done. Very hard list to do.

Personally, I don't have Donato below #4. I'd also have Johansson in the top10.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Cazarnik and Griffith? Seems like decent enough age and experience for the AHL. Cave also with a year under his belt and Kuraly will be a 23 year old rookie. Not that I think Schaller will stick with the big club, but Providence seems fine without him

I don't think they'll use Griffith at center. He's played mostly wing. Kuraly is an option, though I think he's more a 3rd line talent, Cave too.

IMO, there's a big need for a top2 center in Providence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad