Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Perds - Save us L'Heureux you're our only hope edition - 10/22/24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
L'Heureux's game fits the bottom 6 alot more than either Pars or Toma. Style wise that makes alot of sense. Toma hasnt been bad but bruno isnt goin to wedge him into the top 6 and disrupt that.

Similarly, bruno really wants skjei and josi to be a pair. Doing that is going to push Fabbro out because he doesnt have size and grit like schenn and carrier meshes better with Lauzon. Hence we get Del G.

I hate some of the roster decisions but i can see some thought behind it.
I agree on the L’Heureux point if we’re committed to that McCarron/Smith grouping which definitely seems to be the case for Bruno. That being said McCarron and Smith were still our two worst players last night so I really wish he’d rethink it. Also, I don’t understand why Stamkos is consistently among the leaders in ES ice time given his deficiencies there. In any case, we will get the same lineup again next game so guess it doesn’t really matter.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I agree on the L’Heureux point if we’re committed to that McCarron/Smith grouping which definitely seems to be the case for Bruno. That being said McCarron and Smith were still our two worst players last night so I really wish he’d rethink it. Also, I don’t understand why Stamkos is consistently among the leaders in ES ice time given his deficiencies there. In any case, we will get the same lineup again next game so guess it doesn’t really matter.
They did balance out icetime better last night. I'm not sure if that's chicken and egg, being able to when playing with a lead instead of chasing from behind, but I was definitely hoping to see that happen. Bring down the minutes for some of the star veterans, level things out a bit better. Finally.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Actually forgot this was even on, so didn't watch what was apparently the best game of the season. Hopefully it's a kickstart to some better results.
Definitely was that. It wasn't perfect by any means, but this was the first game where what we saw felt like it was close to what we expected to see. Guys were creating chances, Saros was on his game, and the guys did a much better job of skating with the puck, moving it forward, and not turning it over. We also were much better on the forecheck.

2nd line still needs an answer at center, Sissons ain't it, but that's going to require Brunette to get out of his comfort zone. Trotz has already said that no one is trading right now so that is not really an option.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Definitely was that. It wasn't perfect by any means, but this was the first game where what we saw felt like it was close to what we expected to see. Guys were creating chances, Saros was on his game, and the guys did a much better job of skating with the puck, moving it forward, and not turning it over. We also were much better on the forecheck.

2nd line still needs an answer at center, Sissons ain't it, but that's going to require Brunette to get out of his comfort zone. Trotz has already said that no one is trading right now so that is not really an option.
Sissons is a good, reliable 4C and PKer. Not sure why the braintrust feels the need to make him into more than that. I would much rather see him stapled to the 4th line and he can fill in higher up if needs come up.

Relatedly, it seems to me McCarron has been awful early this year. Outside of the occasional fight I don't really even see him providing much grit lately, at least not in productive ways. So it would kind of kill 2 birds with one stone. Still have to solve the middle 6 center issue obviously.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Sissons is a good, reliable 4C and PKer. Not sure why the braintrust feels the need to make him into more than that. I would much rather see him stapled to the 4th line and he can fill in higher up if needs come up.

Relatedly, it seems to me McCarron has been awful early this year. Outside of the occasional fight I don't really even see him providing much grit lately, at least not in productive ways. So it would kind of kill 2 birds with one stone. Still have to solve the middle 6 center issue obviously.
I was in the middle of typing something along these lines and saw this pop up and completely agree. Sissons can produce really well as an auxiliary scorer but we've tried many times in his career to put him with skill guys and it ends up just cratering his production. I think a line of L'Heureux-Sissons-Smith could end up being the new iteration of the herd line. As you say we still have to find another center but why not try Parsinnen with Stamkos and Marchessault and see what happens. It would be hard to do any worse than the iterations of that line have performed to this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad