Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Perds - Save us L'Heureux you're our only hope edition - 10/22/24

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
L'Heureux's game fits the bottom 6 alot more than either Pars or Toma. Style wise that makes alot of sense. Toma hasnt been bad but bruno isnt goin to wedge him into the top 6 and disrupt that.

Similarly, bruno really wants skjei and josi to be a pair. Doing that is going to push Fabbro out because he doesnt have size and grit like schenn and carrier meshes better with Lauzon. Hence we get Del G.

I hate some of the roster decisions but i can see some thought behind it.
I agree on the L’Heureux point if we’re committed to that McCarron/Smith grouping which definitely seems to be the case for Bruno. That being said McCarron and Smith were still our two worst players last night so I really wish he’d rethink it. Also, I don’t understand why Stamkos is consistently among the leaders in ES ice time given his deficiencies there. In any case, we will get the same lineup again next game so guess it doesn’t really matter.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
I agree on the L’Heureux point if we’re committed to that McCarron/Smith grouping which definitely seems to be the case for Bruno. That being said McCarron and Smith were still our two worst players last night so I really wish he’d rethink it. Also, I don’t understand why Stamkos is consistently among the leaders in ES ice time given his deficiencies there. In any case, we will get the same lineup again next game so guess it doesn’t really matter.
They did balance out icetime better last night. I'm not sure if that's chicken and egg, being able to when playing with a lead instead of chasing from behind, but I was definitely hoping to see that happen. Bring down the minutes for some of the star veterans, level things out a bit better. Finally.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad