Value of: Bruins Off Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dixie

Mar 15, 2022
The last time the Bruins traded one of their roster players that was Donato for Coyle.Don t be so loyal to your players and start trading some of them.At least see if any of them have value!

Reactions: bbfan419

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Love that we are in the stage of Bruins cope where they've decided that Bergeron is actually completely replaceable and wasn't that important to their success at all. I'm sure that attitude carries through to the Selke discussion and it DEFINITELY will be the rhetoric they use if he decides to come back for another go at it.

My favourite argument though is the bolded. OP decides that losing with Bergeron/Krecji means that they are overestimated and replaceable... but then his very next statement is that they are too good to rebuild? I guess the rest of the team that will be back next year DIDN'T choke away the series, otherwise they'd be overestimated and replaceable too. Luckily its just the guys they think are leaving that are to blame...

A Habs fan trying to dunk on the bruins is like me trying to dunk on warren buffet having a worse year than bill gates.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I posted a PLD to Bruins thread about 10 days ago. I will repost a modified version here:

:bruins

PLD (50% retained on 1-year RFA; extension post Jan 1)

:jets

Swayman
Lysell

Why Boston does this:

Boston is in desperate need of top 6 centers. Dubois plays a playoff style game that should help them get over this season’s disappointment. Swayman is an RFA goalie and his arbitration contract would be a luxury that Boston cannot afford.

The best way to handle this for Boston is to have Dubois signed a 1 year contract with the Jets (say for $7M), Jets retain 50% (thus, $3.5M AAV to the Bruins), which helps with the Bruins salary cap crunch for next season. Bruins extend Dubois post-Dec 31 to the more lucrative long-term contract.

Why Winnipeg does this:

Hellebuyck wants to win a Stanley Cup and the Jets really should be retooling/rebuilding. Hellebuyck should be moved in a separate transaction. Swayman has played well for the Bruins and can take over the nets for the Jets. He’s also just 24.

Lysell is a promising 19 year old RW (first round pick from 2021). Jets need to build for the future.

This is similar to the Trouba trade compensation (roster player and a 1st, but in this case, the first is a former 1st round draft pick Lysell).

Why Dubois does this:

We have all heard Dubois wants to play for Montreal but recent news reports said he was not limiting himself to the Habs. Why not play for the President’s Cup champions in an original six team? If Montreal does not want to pony up, Dubois can get his revenge on the Habs for several games a year being in the same division,

I don’t think PLD signed to a deal that takes him to UFA has that kind of value.

Reactions: bbfan419

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I don’t think PLD signed to a deal that takes him to UFA has that kind of value.

Agreed but if there was an understanding that he would sign long-term after Dec 31 with the Bruins, then the deal makes sense.

I wasn’t viewing this as a rental for Boston.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Agreed but if there was an understanding that he would sign long-term after Dec 31 . with the Bruins, then the deal makes sense.

I wasn’t viewing this as a rental for Boston.

I do think there might be something that makes sense for both teams. I’m not sure if this is it. Boston has so many moving parts it’s hard to say. I do think that Boston has a STRONG desire to build around Swayman. He really seems to have the right makeup.

Reactions: Colt.45Orr

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I do think there might be something that makes sense for both teams. I’m not sure if this is it. Boston has so many moving parts it’s hard to say. I do think that Boston has a STRONG desire to build around Swayman. He really seems to have the right makeup.
Yeah, probably makes sense for Bruins to keep Swayman and trade Ullmark. Ullmark to the Jets wouldn’t make sense for Winnipeg.

pelderhostiga

May 2, 2014
I don't think Boston is that far off from being a contender again. Really, all they need is another 1C who can be the defensive conscious to their two star wingers, and to me the perfect fit is Elias Lindholm. He would fit in so, so well with how the Bs play and he's still young enough to give value for most of a 7- or 8-year contract. If I were Sweeney, I'd be trading anything not nailed down for 2024 picks to build an undeniably strong package for next year's deadline with the thought that Calgary is headed for another rough season even under a new coach.

I think it was Button who once said that the following year's picks never have less value than on the draft floor the season before; with that in mind, DeBrusk is easily worth a '24 1st this summer, one of Ullmark/Swayman will get them back a 2nd+, then one of Grizz/Forbort should net a 3rd+. I'd target forward prospects as pluses in those trades to bolster the pipeline, because right now it is a little thin and they are the engine that will keep BOS going post-Marchand/Bergy/Krejci.

Anyway, I'd sit on those picks, then offer CGY a '24 1st + 2nd + 3rd for Lindholm next April and give him whatever he could reasonably ask on a long-term deal. I'd personally go as high as $9.5M- with the cap looking to shoot upward in the summer of 2024 on the back of deferred revenue, IMO that will soon be the going rate for 1Cs under 30.

Boston then rolls into 2024-25 and beyond with this roster:

Marchand-E. Lindholm-Pasta
Hall-Zacha-Lysell
Merkulov-Coyle-Frederic

H. Lindholm-McAvoy
Lohrei-Carlo

Ullmark/Swayman

That is an incredibly strong roster all things considered, and doesn't require incredible or unfathomable leaps in development from any of their prospects. It also retains the identity Boston has built in the Perfection Line era, and would be a handful for as long as Toronto and Tampa can keep their cores together- which is about all you can ask for in today's league given the parity and unpredictability.

That would be a solid roster. I don't think it has cup winning potential, but it's good and might take them to the playoffs. The biggest problem I see here is that one of the two star wingers is 36 years old in the 2024-2025 season and without a contract in the beyond seasons. And no one can accurately predict how much gas he has in the tank even right now.

But yeah, the biggest problem outside their own roster for the Bruins is that other teams keep getting better, faster and younger all the time. With some moves Boston can hang on, but I don't think anyone can argue that their best window for a(nother) cup has already gone.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
A Habs fan trying to dunk on the bruins is like me trying to dunk on warren buffet having a worse year than bill gates.

Whatever helps you fight through the pain

1683489299683.png

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trade Hall,sign Bertuzzi,trade 2of 3 defensemen either Grezlyk,Carlo,Forbort ,Reilly,sign Orlov,don t resign Folino, sign Hathaway,trade Ullmark and Marchand and get the best center available.
Are you sure about what you just posted.........

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I would do that

I would be okay with
Jones or comtois + 2nd.

Well there’s a reason I want him, he’s been my favorite bruin(outside of hampus)…. And I’m hoping he can be a buy cheaper option for Anaheim(maybe wishful thinking on my part)

He would look fantastic on zegras wing.
This makes some sense if we are able to re-sign Bertuzzi

Leaves us with this up front,

Marchand-Coyle-Bertuzzi
Hall-Zacha-Pasta
Jones-Frederic

Thats a pretty good start, with some guys that could fill out the bottom half already here, and the defense and goaltender all set.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That would be a solid roster. I don't think it has cup winning potential, but it's good and might take them to the playoffs. The biggest problem I see here is that one of the two star wingers is 36 years old in the 2024-2025 season and without a contract in the beyond seasons. And no one can accurately predict how much gas he has in the tank even right now.

But yeah, the biggest problem outside their own roster for the Bruins is that other teams keep getting better, faster and younger all the time. With some moves Boston can hang on, but I don't think anyone can argue that their best window for a(nother) cup has already gone.
That would be awful roster a rookie on the second line ,a rookie on the third line a rookie on second pair D...........None of the rookies have not given any indication that they are NHL ready , you also did not address the fourth line and the bottom pair D.............Also how are you trading for Lindholm ? I also see that you got rid of your 27 goal first line winger .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad