Post-Game Talk: Bruins Lay an Egg: Rangers 7 Bruins 4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I'm not putting the team's losses on one guy, but there is a noticeable difference in the Bruins' record when comparing Kevin Shattenkirk and Ian Mitchell in/out of the lineup.

Bruins record with each player in the lineup
Kevin Shattenkirk (and no Mitchell) = 9-0-1 (.950 Points%)​
Ian Mitchell (and no Shattenkirk) = 1-2-2 (.400 Points%)​

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
If you'd told me last July that this team would be 14-3-3 at the Thanksgiving mark, I probably wouldn't have believed it at all. Nice surprise thus far but world beaters this team isn't.

This past stretch should indicate that this team needs more. Not a bad thing to go through some adversity at this point either. See what you really have and adjust accordingly. A better team won today. Onto the next..........

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Thanks.

It’s pretty obvious the Rangers are the real beasts of the east. They just exposed the Bruins as frauds.

Good luck with all the pressure that comes with being the team to beat. Boston couldn’t handle it last season
honestly.
after watching all the teams of the east so far. i think FLA is the best in the east.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I'm all for a long season if it includes going deep in the PO's.
No correlation between a long season and going deep in the PO.

Two different animal, health, clutch timing, peaking at the right time, luck is all part of what going deep in the PO is.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Back to real basics. Centers cover better, line switching needs to end somewhat. The need to be told that it’s ok to hit. As someone mentioned it in another thread, why do players stop checking when they come here? Stop looking at the numbers and the refs man! They aren’t giving you any calls. Stop being babies.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Fun game, guys. I don't need to tell you, but you have a hell of a team and a really gritty bunch. Always something extra when New York plays Boston, especially since we have the two largest American fanbases in hockey.

Good luck to the Patriots against my Football Giants. Seriously, good luck. I hope you beat 'em. :P
The Patriots beat Washington(a truly shite team) once and the Giants beat Washington twice. It should be a close game of ugly teams.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Shit happens, we're not as resilient or invulnerable as last year, but still a good team. They have some weaknesses and injuries, and are missing the toughness and leadership they were expecting from Lucic due to factors outside of their control.

They have some shitty teams coming up on their schedule. If they still look listless through those games, then I start to panic.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I will return
1700947007533.png

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
honestly.
after watching all the teams of the east so far. i think FLA is the best in the east.
They got shutout by Winnipeg last night at home which was surprising - their D is meh and not a Bob fan

But

Their offense though is very good / love their top 6

They should go balls to wall and go get Hanifin

Reactions: 22Brad Park

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
No correlation between a long season and going deep in the PO.

Two different animal, health, clutch timing, peaking at the right time, luck is all part of what going deep in the PO is.
I believe the regular season is 82 games which is a long season, and going deep in the PO's.
I should have said "I'm all for a longer season."

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
They got shutout by Winnipeg last night at home which was surprising - their D is meh and not a Bob fan

But

Their offense though is very good / love their top 6

They should go balls to wall and go get Hanifin
Yup ,,the best team will be decided months from now.Lindholm I can see here ..

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
1st slump, it was to be expected seeing how far over our heads we've been playing and dodging bullets in some games.

Let see how the Org responds.

Reactions: BMC

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yup ,,the best team will be decided months from now.Lindholm I can see here ..
I’m spoiled because I figured 5 or 6th and 100 or so points but you start off 14-1-3 and led in every third period but the Montreal game they lost in overtime, I’m greedy and want 120+ and first

They are good to very good team there will be more ups than downs but more ups

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They played like garbage this weekend. Or for you locals Gah-budge.

Carlo was the only D man earning his money. He's quietly become a stud. The Coyle line was good, but the rest of them not so much. We look old and slow. Geekie is an adequate 4th liner but that's where he should stay. Poitras was not our worst player by any means, but he's clearly hit the rookie wall. DeBrusk? Not playing like he deserves a big new contract that's for sure. His inconsistency has me ready to move on but idk about Sweeney. Zacha has to shoot the puck. I get why he's always looking for Pasta but on numerous occasions he had the better shot but didn't take it. SHOOT DA PUCK! Mitchell is a liability.

idk, they might bounce back, probably will, but this team has been exposed and we have to stop talking about goalie rotations in the playoffs and get back to can we even make them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad