GDT: Bruins @ Habs | November 7, 7PM | TVA, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Forsberg. Lindholm.

Yeah, whatever....we can discuss this over and over again. He's got the most points then....fine?

Still.....timing is everything. And we surely chose the wrong year to suck....

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I must say, I'm incredibly surprised that 6 games after removing Semin, with Flynn-DSL-Byron-DSP-recycling of 4th liners being placed there instead, has not worked.

I mean, when I saw Flynn get placed there instead of Semin, the first thing that came to mind was ''Wow! Now we've got a 2nd line alright!''

I find that's a recurring problem on this board...just because a player has been great on the 3rd line doesn't mean he's necessarily good. 3rd line tends to play worse to far worse competition. 2nd line you're facing guys like Krejci/Eriksson instead of guys like Spooner/Belesky/Hayes

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
Yeah, whatever....we can discuss this over and over again. He's got the most points then....fine?

if we sucked in 2013 we could have got Drouin.... finally a great Quebecois:cry:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

In almost twice as many games. True on the last part, though. He might still have quite some ways to develop, though. Most likely.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Gustafsson gives up a ton of rebounds. Habs need to get on those. They were killing the Bruins up until that Mitchell penalty. Bruins rebounded after that.

Bruins are playing a strong game while the Habs are getting some good shifts. That's the difference right now.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I must say, I'm incredibly surprised that 6 games after removing Semin, with Flynn-DSL-Byron-DSP-recycling of 4th liners being placed there instead, has not worked.

I mean, when I saw Flynn get placed there instead of Semin, the first thing that came to mind was ''Wow! Now we've got a 2nd line alright!''

And this summer when I said we need more than reclamation projects, I was called a Bergevin hater lol :facepalm:

That's probably the first thing that comes to the mind of AG too. Let's not foul ourselves the players know the game and he perfectly knows Flynn is a 4th line player who got dumped by the Sabres for a 5th round draft pick last year.

That's not a trio that's a duo. Those guys work hard but they never were top 9 offensive players.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

3rd overall picks aren't generally stars.

2004 Cam barker
2005 Jack Johnson
2006 Jonathan Toews
2007 Kyle Turris
2008 Zach Bogosian
2009 Matt Duchene
2010 Erik Gudbranson
2011 Jonathan Huberdeau
2012 Alex Galchenyuk
2013 Jonathan Drouin
2014 Leon Draisaitl

Galchenyuk is pretty much in the same class as most.

habs247

Oct 8, 2013
Why wouldn't ROGERS just have Bartlett and York do the game instead of Romanuk??

Bartlett is doing the Senators / Hurricanes game right now.

ROGERS is so ****ing dumb.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

And this summer when I said we need more than reclamation projects, I was called a Bergevin hater lol :facepalm:

Something tells me that Bergevin expected some rookies to jump in the NHL.....I mean, knowing full well how incredible :sarcasm: Lefebvre is at developing players, he had to think that Ghetto would be ready....that Thomas would finally be there....that DLR would be there....that Hudon might make it......and then nothing worked out.

Seriously, we have to be extremely happy to be where we are in the standings. Where a 2nd line is build of a kid who is playing his 1st year at C.....when a Semin nobody wanted is in that line....and when a Eller who we are still wondering where he fits in, is on that line too.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Why wouldn't ROGERS just have Bartlett and York do the game instead of Romanuk??

Bartlett is doing the Senators / Hurricanes game right now.

ROGERS is so ****ing dumb.
Cause Paul is better than Bartlett and they expect a bigger audience for the Montreal game.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Galchenyuk is the best of his draft class. Sign of a great player? Or sign of a weak draft class?

Nobody should ever give up on this kid till he plays with 2 REAL hockey players. But he will have to show more than that. He needs to be a catalyst on his line. Needs to make the players around him better. It's not happening with Eller.

For Eller.....it's going to look more and more like a change of scenery is needed. Don't like what I'm seeing.

As far as forwards go, it was a pretty weak draft. Outside of Forsberg all other forwards are either still finding their game or struggling to stay in the line-up. A decent draft for defensemen. Leafs might be right. They might've gotten the best player in Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad