GDT: Bruins @ Habs | November 7, 7PM | TVA, SN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Rather see Byron on the 4th line with Mitchell & DSP than Flynn.

Flynn in the the press box if anyone should sit for Semin.
I'd pass. Flynn may not have the speed, but he's a smarter player. Great compliment to Mitchell, I think.

Lehkonen4Calder

Feb 24, 2015
Galchenyuk is overrated.... if he can a Plekanec like career (less good defensively of course) i'll be happy:help:

habs247

Oct 8, 2013
Galchenyuk has to play better.

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty have to play hell of a lot better than how they've been playing last little while.

Right now, the team is winning inspite of them.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Galchenyuk is the best of his draft class. Sign of a great player? Or sign of a weak draft class?

Nobody should ever give up on this kid till he plays with 2 REAL hockey players. But he will have to show more than that. He needs to be a catalyst on his line. Needs to make the players around him better. It's not happening with Eller.

For Eller.....it's going to look more and more like a change of scenery is needed. Don't like what I'm seeing.

TheBlindFan

Sep 7, 2008
mention Davey and dont put him on a pedestal, and you risk offending certain people...like you

He should have taken the shot there, instead of dishing it off and it turned into nothing.

Newhabfan was taking about you btw

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Galchenyuk is the best of his draft class. Sign of a great player? Or sign of a weak draft class?

Nobody should ever give up on this kid till he plays with 2 REAL hockey players. But he will have to show more than that. He needs to be a catalyst on his line. Needs to make the players around him better. It's not happening with Eller.

For Eller.....it's going to look more and more like a change of scenery is needed. Don't like what I'm seeing.

He's not the best of his draft class...but I agree with your message. He won't play with any real players though, at least until Plekanec retires or until some of our top prospects graduate.

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
mention Davey and dont put him on a pedestal, and you risk offending certain people...like you

He should have taken the shot there, instead of dishing it off and it turned into nothing. Its an observation, nothing more.
He's a high percentage shooter. I think he was thinking shot, but the pass hopped on him and being on the offside, he decided to pass.

I think he should have shot first, but pass first players don't shoot unless they think there's a high possibility to score.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
DD playing like a man possessed. Competes on every shift. I wish his buddy Max was playing with the same intensity.

I wonder if Patches is injured or out of shape or something. The past few years he was one of fastest guys in league, now he's looking pretty ordinary.

Davebo*

Galchenyuk and Pacioretty have to play hell of a lot better than how they've been playing last little while.

Right now, the team is winning inspite of them.

The very definition of team, then? Patches is known to be streaky, and could be still feeling the off season surgery.

I'm not sure what's up with Chucky. It's not just linemates

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Didn't even notice Galchenyuks icetime decreasing...he's been awful even in the little time he's been on.

And RDS just said he's 24 lol

OpenIceHit

Oct 3, 2006
Toronto

This. You got it right. Nothing to add.

It's the first time I say this but it may be time to move Eller.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Outside of the plex goal on the pp, the line has been ineffective for awhile now aside from gallagher efforts.

Pacioretty is invisible.

MT of old broke up lines on a whim, now when a spark is needed there is nothing

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I must say, I'm incredibly surprised that 6 games after removing Semin, with Flynn-DSL-Byron-DSP-recycling of 4th liners being placed there instead, has not worked.

I mean, when I saw Flynn get placed there instead of Semin, the first thing that came to mind was ''Wow! Now we've got a 2nd line alright!''

And this summer when I said we need more than reclamation projects, I was called a Bergevin hater lol :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad