Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Panthers 4 - 1.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I really don't get Julien's strategy of having Chara and Seids and Hamilton and Segs on the point on the PP. :help::help::help:

"OK, let's put two lefties out together and two righties out together at the point...and let's play our rookie d-man with 4 forwards...that is a good plan..."

Just put Hamilton next to Chara on the PP and Seids as the lone d-man with 4 forwards! How is that so hard? I honestly don't know what the plan is there. If he's enamoured with Segs and Hamilton, switch Pevs and Segs on the PP. I am really confused...

I disagree, yeah sure Dougie got beat tonight but it was on a blatant trip.

When you run an umbrella (like most top PP's) you only have one pointman out there. For the first unit that man is Hamilton.

----Hamilton----
Krejci------Seguin
--Lucic---Horton--

that PP has been great it almost scores a goal a game.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Some B's fans might not want to hear it but Lucic is a lot like Hartnell in the way he plays the game. A few years ago (09-10) Hartnell looked like he couldn't even receive a pass despite having been a 30 goal guy in the past. But since then he has had a few really good seasons. Sometimes the power forwards have down years offensively but they contribute in other ways and Lucic is extremely valuable to the Bruins and really a unique player.

Why I want him moved away from Krejci and Horton.

slovakfan*

Now he gets 6M a year. That's elite goal scoring money. It wasn't a stretch for him to be a 4M dollar guy. But it looks like 6M is going to be way out of his league.

just to name few $6M guys:
toews, Sharp, Getzlaf, Perry even Selanne old $4.5M guy.

and put there Lucic to compare.

u r right

EDIT: John Tavares...

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
He tripped over Clemenson's pad. Who was way out of the paint. Clemenson also made no effort whatsoever to recover. Just laid there waiting for the call, and he got it.

If it involves Looch, call will go against us. He hurt Rick Nash and made Miller's face lopsided, so.

I just would like to know what Dougie did to the ref? Must have had money on the WJC game or something. Tripped dougie before he touched the puck. The only way that's not tripping is if he touches the puck first. Anyone who watched Bourque for 20 years knows that rule.

I thought Clemmenson initiated contact, shoved his pads into Looch's skates. It was that horrendous of a call.

It was a forward on a d-man. If Dougie had dived and missed, it would have been an auto call. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I disagree, yeah sure Dougie got beat tonight but it was on a blatant trip.

When you run an umbrella (like most top PP's) you only have one pointman out there. For the first unit that man is Hamilton.

----Hamilton----
Krejci------Seguin
--Lucic---Horton--

that PP has been great it almost scores a goal a game.

So what's the point of having Seids out there for an "umbrella" formation? You only diagrammed one unit...

And fine, if you don't care about which hand people shoot with, why not have Chara out there with 4 forwards?

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
He tripped over Clemenson's pad. Who was way out of the paint. Clemenson also made no effort whatsoever to recover. Just laid there waiting for the call, and he got it.

If it involves Looch, call will go against us. He hurt Rick Nash and made Miller's face lopsided, so.

I just would like to know what Dougie did to the ref? Must have had money on the WJC game or something. Tripped dougie before he touched the puck. The only way that's not tripping is if he touches the puck first. Anyone who watched Bourque for 20 years knows that rule.

What happened was, "oh ****, don't want to put FLA down two men with them already down 2, ill take a chance Rask will save it. Oops...oh well...that will prob be the only goal FLA gets anyway...Now what line of BS am I going to say to Clode? Hmmm."

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
The good thing is the Bruins got the 2 points but it's a broken record. They were very underwhelming. I keep saying that the Bruins need to play a full 60 but they haven't shown that they can do it yet. Is this what they are? Is this what we're going to see the rest of the year? I'm not a pessimist. Actually, I'm quite the optimist but this team is driving me nuts. This is just my frustration coming out because I expect more from the Bruins but little doubts are starting to creep in.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
i2rodJmDE4M53.gif

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
It was a sloppy sleepy poorly played game. Now even I have to ask, What exactly is wrong with Lucic? It strikes me as mental more than physical. I hope his child is alright because that would explain why he looks healthy but is a million miles away on almost every play......As for the rest of this game, contenders do not play this way.......They just don't. Chia forget the big gun and get two players for the third line.....They may not be giving up much yet but they are painful to watch.

I think it's confidence and frustration.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just in from the game.

Tuukka played well.

Shawn Thornton !!! is a keeper. That line is having fun out there.

Bergy line looked good

It was a bit scarey in the second period.

I still think the B's need to play better. I think they can play better.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
phew! we'll take the 2 points, but man was that painful to watch. Got a funny feeling CJ is more ticked at the boys for tonight's effort than he was for Pitt.

Oh, and to all in attendance - feel free to boo the hell out of our PP when they let in shorties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad