Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Panthers 4 - 1.

slovakfan*

I wonder if some of this isn't due to no real opportunity to just practice and practice hard.

Boys were off yesterday (and 3 games in 4 days with travel made sense) and today was a game day.

But poor passing and poor execution seem to be things you perfect in a practice.

Ice in Ottawa was just flat out awful so I give them a small pass on the crappy passing but the ice in Pittsburgh was great-ice no excuse for the turnovers.

Actually turnovers are killing the team. Bad turnovers in all parts of the ice.

I think the team needs a change-I think they are complacent. Right now maybe a line mix up or two, but for the long haul, Chia needs to bring in some new blood.

these turnovers were done because back pass on last player in full speed mostly.

I am not NHL coach but... you don't even do it in SOCCER...

you can do it as surprise effect, it just depends on who you surprise...

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
The top line has been terrible tonight played bad and looked out of Sync. It getting the time for PC to look very hard at adding a scorer before the deadline .

Odie

Mar 29, 2009
Boston
Please, no more Pandolfo. He's not Mark Recchi, give someone younger a chance. The PK doesn't need him that bad. The guy has 1 shot on net in 6 games...

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Lucic contract slowly but surely turning into top 10 worst in the east right now. Feels bad man.

Hamilton has amazing gifts, and is a seriously lazy dude on 1/3 of his shifts.

Honest question on the disallowed goal: How far out can the goalie go and still have that as interference? He was about 1 foot out of the blue paint. So if Lucic falls on him there, that's interference? Can the goalie basically go anywhere and have that apply?

slovakfan*

Please, no more Pandolfo. He's not Mark Recchi, give someone younger a chance. The PK doesn't need him that bad. The guy has 1 shot on net in 6 games...

better bring satan back from hell than this. so he can make some fancy dekes

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
The top line has been terrible tonight played bad and looked out of Sync. It getting the time for PC to look very hard at adding a scorer before the deadline .

Looch - Kraych - Horts hasn't been "the top line" for a while now ;)

With that said, I agree.

I'd call up Spooner and change the lines a little bit. Mix of fresh blood and whatnot:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Spooner
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

slovakfan*

Lucic contract slowly but surely turning into top 10 worst in the east right now. Feels bad man.

Honest question on the disallowed goal: How far out can the goalie go and still have that as interference? He was about 1 foot out of the blue paint. So if Lucic falls on him there, that's interference? Can the goalie basically go anywhere and have that apply?

there is bigger area than that.
basically you can't do it between the circles...

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta

Same **** was said the year before his current contract and it turned out to be a good deal.

The guy is playing lost right now, not sure what his problem is, but he doesn't want to shoot the puck for some reason.

I'm not too worried, he'll figure it out. Always does.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I wonder if some of this isn't due to no real opportunity to just practice and practice hard.

Boys were off yesterday (and 3 games in 4 days with travel made sense) and today was a game day.

But poor passing and poor execution seem to be things you perfect in a practice.

Ice in Ottawa was just flat out awful so I give them a small pass on the crappy passing but the ice in Pittsburgh was great-ice no excuse for the turnovers.

Actually turnovers are killing the team. Bad turnovers in all parts of the ice.

I think the team needs a change-I think they are complacent. Right now maybe a line mix up or two, but for the long haul, Chia needs to bring in some new blood.

Every team is in the same boat w/ the schedule. So, I have to go w/ execution. They have to get back to making short passes and skating. Teams are going to pinch on the B's, and the 2 man forecheck isn't a secret anymore. They have to adjust to it and turn it to their advantage.

Oh I think they need a change, too. 3rd line is obvious. Last year Looch and Krejci struggled. Krejci was moved to wing. Lucic was w/ Kelly and Peverly, and produced. There's no where to move w/ Kelly down. They always end up back together anyway, but I don't dare say why.

He'll more likely stick by that line no matter how much people cry a/b it. Not holding my breath for a top 6 move either. They have to play their way out of this.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Bruins coast to a win. Why not? It's easier than working. :shakehead

So much for them being truly frustrated and angry with the recent string or colapses and un-even performances.

On another note, would have liked to get at least one of the Hamilton trip and Lucic goalie interference calls...

Both should have went our way. I understand why they both went against us...But just once id like a to ref have to think twice about doing the right thing...but in our favor. Haha. Its always zero tolerance or insta-call. A trips a trip.

...and hey, anytime anything iffy happens and Lucic is involved, its not going our way. Count on it.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Don't let the final score fool you .Thank god for Rask tonight , he was great tonight only 1 out of position / Dougy learning curve goal . We will take the 2 pts :handclap:

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I didn't like the call, the goalie came out and basically low blocked Lucic, but then with Lucic being involved I was surprised that he did not get a penalty.
It's going to be a long haul the next month and a bit, they just don't look 'sharp' and being a tad on the lazy side. Not much, but it only takes a bit these days to make a big difference.
I looked at their schedule, how the heck do they wind up playing the penguins after playing the day/night before with all games in Pitt?

slovakfan*

off topic but washington returned back from 0:2 game and won it 3:2 in regular time.

if bruins left the ice after 20 minutes again this could cost them blow out... IMHO

slovakfan*

I didn't like the call, the goalie came out and basically low blocked Lucic, but then with Lucic being involved I was surprised that he did not get a penalty.
It's going to be a long haul the next month and a bit, they just don't look 'sharp' and being a tad on the lazy side. Not much, but it only takes a bit these days to make a big difference.
I looked at their schedule, how the heck do they wind up playing the penguins after playing the day/night before with all games in Pitt?

right after the capitals game...

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Some B's fans might not want to hear it but Lucic is a lot like Hartnell in the way he plays the game. A few years ago (09-10) Hartnell looked like he couldn't even receive a pass despite having been a 30 goal guy in the past. But since then he has had a few really good seasons. Sometimes the power forwards have down years offensively but they contribute in other ways and Lucic is extremely valuable to the Bruins and really a unique player.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
On a positive note Horton actually worked hard tonight, maybe because it was his old team who knows but it was good to see.

slovakfan*

We already tried Satan a few years ago!

yeah I know. he plaid first for the dark side first...

satan_sc09.jpg

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Same **** was said the year before his current contract and it turned out to be a good deal.

The guy is playing lost right now, not sure what his problem is, but he doesn't want to shoot the puck for some reason.

I'm not too worried, he'll figure it out. Always does.

Now he gets 6M a year. That's elite goal scoring money. It wasn't a stretch for him to be a 4M dollar guy. But it looks like 6M is going to be way out of his league.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
It looked to me as if Dougie's shot hit Looch in the skate and Looch fell half onto the goalie before Horty got the puck.

He tripped over Clemenson's pad. Who was way out of the paint. Clemenson also made no effort whatsoever to recover. Just laid there waiting for the call, and he got it.

If it involves Looch, call will go against us. He hurt Rick Nash and made Miller's face lopsided, so.

I just would like to know what Dougie did to the ref? Must have had money on the WJC game or something. Tripped dougie before he touched the puck. The only way that's not tripping is if he touches the puck first. Anyone who watched Bourque for 20 years knows that rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad