Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Do you really think I team wouldnt qualify him to lose him to UFA for nothing? We arent in cap problems next year the difference between 6-7 and 7.5 isnt a problem because Luongos 3 mill cap recapture is gone. Its essentially a 1.75 mill rise.
i'm not sure why his name is coming up so often on these boards than if he is that good . what is his qualifying offer 8.25 ?

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Just curious how is he is valued around the league right now

Here are some of our needs
Top 4 RHD
Top 9 RH C
Top 9 Player with a Physical prowless
C who can win faceoffs and PK
Near NHL ready prospects

Pageau straight up for Boeser

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If you go the futures only route, I’d think a non lottery 1st in 2022 plus a B+ level prospect would be achievable.

would Minnesota offer Dumba? Hockey trade?
Don't see MN trading Dumba, now that Soucy and Suter are gone, nvm Spurgeon just being injured(hopefully not badly). Once Suter was bought out, all talk about trading Dumba more or less stopped. In any event, MN needs a Center, not a wing. Kaprizov, Zuccarello, Fiala, Foligno, Hartman and hopefully Boldy (looks ready) are a nice mix on the wings.

Last edited:

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
His qualifying offer is $7.5m

That really means nothing at the end of the day...It is worst case scenario 1yr deal at his QO, only an idiot GM would let it get to that point, so very plausible with this GM at the helm!

Any player with a QO can sign for less if he agrees to it, term is security and BB has NOT had a lights out start to the year or looking anything like someone making north of 7m on his next deal. Canucks are already seeing what happens when you gift wrap a huge pay day to a young player before they show they are healthy and back to their old ways of playing....see EP and his brutal start to the year

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That really means nothing at the end of the day...It is worst case scenario 1yr deal at his QO, only an idiot GM would let it get to that point, so very plausible with this GM at the helm!

Any player with a QO can sign for less if he agrees to it, term is security and BB has NOT had a lights out start to the year or looking anything like someone making north of 7m on his next deal. Canucks are already seeing what happens when you gift wrap a huge pay day to a young player before they show they are healthy and back to their old ways of playing....see EP and his brutal start to the year
I wouldn’t say it means nothing. Yes a player can negotiate and sign for less. But there are situations where the player might want to make the team choose between having to pay the qualifying offer or allowing him to become a UFA. It gives the player some control of the situation.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
I wouldn’t say it means nothing. Yes a player can negotiate and sign for less. But there are situations where the player might want to make the team choose between having to pay the qualifying offer or allowing him to become a UFA. It gives the player some control of the situation.
so if he chose the free agent route he could probalbly get 7.5 -8.0 on a long term deal couldnt he ?

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
I know it could very well not mean anything, but I have a bit of a hard time thinking that Guerin would name Dumba an alternate captain one summer and then trade him within a year, even with his contract almost up. Unless he's going after Jones/Hamilton money.

To add on to what you said, Minnesota also has matt boldy, and Adam Beckman waiting in Iowa. In addition, the buyout of suter, and dumba being named alternate captain, Guerin said; 'Part of it was to re-assure dumba about his long term future in Minnesota. ' Plus as good boeser can be, Minnesota doesn't have any room, or money for another Winger when whatever money they find needs to go towards finding a C

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Do you really think I team wouldnt qualify him to lose him to UFA for nothing? We arent in cap problems next year the difference between 6-7 and 7.5 isnt a problem because Luongos 3 mill cap recapture is gone. Its essentially a 1.75 mill rise.
I don't think anybody is referring to Vancouver. I think it's more about the team trading for him. Sure, it could mean nothing, but it's also a risky situation for an organization to be in - you let the player walk or you stuck it up and give a QO for 1 year to retain rights. If the player accepts the QO, it's only a 1 year contract, or the player rejects and you get into a negotiation battle while retaining RFA rights hoping the player signs a deal. There's always that chance, but hopefully if you're trading for a player like Boeser you already have an indication that he wants to be apart of the team.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Boeser is the wrong guy to move. Stock is low but he is a key young player. Trade Miller, stock is high and they wont be able to retain him in a year and a half anyway.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Boeser is the wrong guy to move. Stock is low but he is a key young player. Trade Miller, stock is high and they wont be able to retain him in a year and a half anyway.

They could if they moved Boeser's salary...

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
If I had a choice of one of Boeser or Miller , Id go Miller just because he can play C, plays with more grit , production is decent . Am I wrong in thinking Boeser is not as versatile as Miller ?
I get wanting to keep Boeser as he is younger than Miller but isn't Miller more effective in the big picture and what the Canucks needs are?
Don't
get me wrong. I really like both players and would love to have one of them on my Devils , but I just think Miller would help a team more than Boeser can ?

Can a combination of one of Severson or Smith plus Bratt plus ??? be made for two of Boeser Miller Rathbone ?
Example
Smith
Bratt
1st

for
Boeser
Rathbone

Last edited:

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
They could if they moved Boeser's salary...
But pushing 30 he will want a Wheeler deal, big term, big $. Canucks need to stay w the young guys and build with some patience. Nevermind all this its been 8 years stuff, if they rush and keep going with older guys theyll stay in this quagmire forever

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
If I had a choice of one of Boeser or Miller , Id go Miller just because he can play C, plays with more grit , production is decent . Am I wrong in thinking Boeser is not as versatile as Miller ?
I get wanting to keep Boeser as he is younger than Miller but isn't Miller more effective in the big picture and what the Canucks needs are?
Don't
get me wrong. I really like both players and would love to have one of them on my Devils , but I just think Miller would help a team more than Boeser can ?

Can a combination of one of Severson or Smith plus Bratt plus ??? be made for two of Boeser Miller Rathbone ?
Example
Smith
Bratt
1st

for
Boeser
Rathbone

both those guys shoot left. The Canucks need right shot top 9 C/RW and top 4 RHD with some size

Boeser is younger and having a down year, bad idea to trade him. Miller is older and his stock is high. Great contract for another year and a half, then will want big $ thru his 30s, doesnt fit Canucks longer term plan, because they wont contend for a couple years at least.

dont think Devils and Canucks are good trading partners.

now Miller and Rathbone for Dobson (ideally and Wahlstrom, may cost more), that i could get behind

Reactions: Nucks2477

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
That's a big number he's going to get after this year. Not sure how many teams can handle around $7.5-8M per.

Besides Brazal, Beau, Wahlstrom and Dobson. Anyone interest you on the Isles?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Don't

Example
Smith
Bratt
1st

for
Boeser
Rathbone
I’d do that. I wanna keep Boeser and move Miller though but that’s a crazy good package

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Don't

Example
Smith
Bratt
1st

for
Boeser
Rathbone

I can't see the Devils parting with Smith for a soon-to-be 30 year old approaching UFA...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Reinhart's been a bit of a disappointment in Florida...

How about a Boeser for Reinhart swap?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
To Calgary: Boeser, Dickinson, Pearson

To Vancouver: FLA's 2022 2nd, Pelletier, Monahan, Lucic

Flames get a goal-scoring RW, and a couple of veteran bottom 6 forwards in Dickinson and Pearson

Vancouver clear the long term contracts of Dickinson and Pearson, while also getting a 2022 2nd, and a LW prospect with some upside in Pelletier

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can't see the Devils parting with Smith for a soon-to-be 30 year old approaching UFA...
Smith has been struggling this year. He missed training camp with an injury but his play has been putrid so far this year. He is a LHD and we have tons of LHD prospects but hardly any RHD. Hence the reason for trading him instead of Severson. We wont be able to afford to keep all of Hamilton , Graves , Severson , Luke Hughes , Smith , moving forward. Id almost say Smith is the luxury player we cannot afford to keep.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Smith has been struggling this year. He missed training camp with an injury but his play has been putrid so far this year. He is a LHD and we have tons of LHD prospects but hardly any RHD. Hence the reason for trading him instead of Severson. We wont be able to afford to keep all of Hamilton , Graves , Severson , Luke Hughes , Smith , moving forward. Id almost say Smith is the luxury player we cannot afford to keep.

I think it's a bit premature to be worrying about a Luke Hughes extension just yet...

And I wouldn't be giving up on a struggling 21 year old Smith just yet either, however, if I were to view him as expendable, the trade target wouldn't be a soon-to-be 30 year old approaching UFA

The Devils are loaded with young forwards, so if Smith were to be available, I'd look to package him with some of those aforementioned forwards and try to acquire a player with more upside than Boeser...

Something like...

To New Jersey: Chychrun

To Arizona: 2022 1st, Smith, McLeod, Kuokkanen, Sarangovich

New Jersey get a top pairing LD on a team-friendly contract

Arizona get another 2022 1st, a young top 4 LD, and a few young forwards to help fill out their lineup in the coming years

And then if you still want to target Boeser...

To New Jersey: Boeser

To Vancouver Foote, Stillman, Dahl

New Jersey get a top 6 scoring RW

Vancouver get 3 solid prospects, while also creating additional cap space

Possibly as early as next season, Holtz can replace Tatar or Johnsson in the top 9, and Luke Hughes can push Siegenthaler over to RD as Subban's replacement...

I'm not sure exactly what line combinations they'd go with, but maybe something like:

Holtz - Hughes - Boeser
Wood - Mercer - Zacha
Tatar/Johnsson - Hischier - Bratt

Chychrun - Hamilton
Graves - Severson
Hughes - Siegenthaler

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
If Boeser is moved it means the Canucks are the following:

1. Committed to a full rebuild that will be centred around Pettersson Hughes Demko

or

2. Committed to JT Miller and will look to re-sign him when he is a free agent in 2 years at the age of 30.

For the record, I dont think the Canucks are looking to move Boeser, instead i believe they will move Miller.

For the sake of entertaining the thread, If Boeser is moved it will be for a Dman and it will like be attached with someone that can alleviate some cap space for the Canucks.

Send him home

Boeser
Tyler Myers

for

Dumba
Greenway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad