Value of: Brock Boeser

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Just curious how is he is valued around the league right now

Here are some of our needs
Top 4 RHD
Top 9 RH C
Top 9 Player with a Physical prowless
C who can win faceoffs and PK
Near NHL ready prospects

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
What kind of a deal is he looking for? Are we talking a 4-5yr extension in the $6mil range or are we talking 8yr x $7-8mil?

Penguins have Marino and Dumoulin that could fit the bill or Bleuger+ as a base for a center.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro

Top 4 RHD
Top 9 RH C
Near NHL ready prospects
I would like to him in nashville. I’ve always liked watching him play. What would it take from the preds to make that happen?

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I would like to him in nashville. I’ve always liked watching him play. What would it take from the preds to make that happen?

Ideally something with Fabbro but considering that wouldnt happen something like

Tolvanen, Carrier, Prokop?

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What kind of a deal is he looking for? Are we talking a 4-5yr extension in the $6mil range or are we talking 8yr x $7-8mil?

Penguins have Marino and Dumoulin that could fit the bill or Bleuger+ as a base for a center.

I would think his agent asks for something in the 6.5 - 7 million range...

Similar to players like Kane, Gallagher, Reinhart, Kreider, Nylander, JVR, Anders Lee

Reactions: kingsfan

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
Heinola/Wheeler as a base? Heinola is NHL ready and plays the right side. He is dominating in the A and is landlocked behind our D core. Wheeler, while he has declined, can play middle 6 and PP. His contract expires when Heinola ELCs runs out so salary is manageable. I’m sure peg would need to add to balance out Wheeler and his age/contract

Last edited:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida

Top 4 RHD
Top 9 RH C
Near NHL ready prospects
If you go the futures only route, I’d think a non lottery 1st in 2022 plus a B+ level prospect would be achievable.

would Minnesota offer Dumba? Hockey trade?

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
If you go the futures only route, I’d think a non lottery 1st in 2022 plus a B+ level prospect would be achievable.

Not trading Boeser for Dumba. We’ve heard this offer a zillion times. We’re not trading Boeser for a RHD that’s older than him

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
As long a Benning is in charge, the mandate is to win now. Canucks won't be trading him for futures. They are also up against the cap, and will have no interest in taking on poor contracts to make it work for other teams. Think, 1 for 1, of similar age and contract.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014

His qualifying offer is $7.5m

Hatter of the Beach

I’m the real hero
Jun 26, 2017
Parkland Estates, Florida
Unfortunate that Fabbri and Zadina wouldn't fit your needs. Not sure if it'd be wanted on your end but I'd be willing to do Zadina and our two 2nds this draft. Though Van probably would want more immediate help

Maybe Hronek and a second?

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Which really means nothing cause im sure he would take less to get more term

Boeser purposely structured the back ended deal for the high QO to reach UFA sooner. VAN is terribly disorganized, lottery team, few quality prospects and have little cap space. Why would he accept less to play on a losing team?

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
Ideally something with Fabbro but considering that wouldnt happen something like

Tolvanen, Carrier, Prokop?
I’d do that. Getting boeser would lessen the blow if forsberg does leave or is traded. Losing carrier will hurt because I like his game but we’re pretty stacked on the right side. Tolvanen could really strive in Vancouver I think

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Which really means nothing cause im sure he would take less to get more term
it does mean something because if he doesn't get it he will be an unrestricted free agent and can go wherever he wants

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Top 4 RHD
Top 9 RH C
Top 9 Player with a Physical prowess
Near NHL ready prospects

We could deal you Kassian in a trade of some kind.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Boeser purposely structured the back ended deal for the high QO to reach UFA sooner. VAN is terribly disorganized, lottery team, few quality prospects and have little cap space. Why would he accept less to play on a losing team?

OF course you dont have prospects when almost your whole top 9 is under the age of 26. You know when high prospects actually hit and become NHL players. His contract is structured the way it is because at the time Meiers contract was a comparable and everyone was back loading RFA contracts.
As we have seen last offseason players are taking pay cuts off QO to get term. Its always been that way because 7 mill is nothing compared to 30+ mill.

Also the purposal to move him to another team so the last point is pointless

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
it does mean something because if he doesn't get it he will be an unrestricted free agent and can go wherever he wants

Do you really think I team wouldnt qualify him to lose him to UFA for nothing? We arent in cap problems next year the difference between 6-7 and 7.5 isnt a problem because Luongos 3 mill cap recapture is gone. Its essentially a 1.75 mill rise.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I know it could very well not mean anything, but I have a bit of a hard time thinking that Guerin would name Dumba an alternate captain one summer and then trade him within a year, even with his contract almost up. Unless he's going after Jones/Hamilton money.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If he was willing to sign for a reasonable price, you’d keep him….so if he’s being shopped around I’m going to bid cautiously

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad