Proposal: Brock Boeser for Dobson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I guess the question is would they trade Barzal for Dobson?

Thought about it. The Canucks have a solid #1 centre (Miller) and a solid #2 (Horvat)...our #1 RD is Myers. I'd trade Petey for Dobson.
Would be really tough for both teams to part ways with such a high-potential guy, but that’s usually the sign of a fair trade. I don’t follow either team extremely closely, but it seems like it would be dealing from a position of strength for a position of weakness for both sides, and it would come down to the significant difference in cap hits.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I guess the question is would they trade Barzal for Dobson?

Thought about it. The Canucks have a solid #1 centre (Miller) and a solid #2 (Horvat)...our #1 RD is Myers. I'd trade Petey for Dobson.
Isles would probably have to think about it if the offer was Pettersson at this point. Dobson’s potential has always been completely through the roof and he’s been their best defenseman the second half of the season.
Not a chance in hell we trade Pettersson for Noah Dobson. And I LOVE Dobson. Wanted the Canucks to draft him at the time.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
You are assuming that GM's will be lining up to massively overpay Boeser, after next year when the league wide cap crunch is a full year worse. Based on what? Look at the teams right now that have any cap, then look at who they need to re sign this year.

He has barely earned his 5.9 mill deal, why is he automatically going to "cash in big time" if he hits UFA? He has 12 goals and 12 assists in 40 games. No GM is going t o be tripping over themselves to throw giant bags of money his way.

Take a look at what comparable RFA wingers have signed for long term. Look at what UFA wingers are getting long term. Boeser is what he is, a 30/30/60 type winger, those guys don't get paid 7.5+ long term.
if gm's won't queue up to overpay boeser in free agency, why should they overpay in a trade, where they have to give up the cap space + the assets canucks fans, think boeser is worth.

trading for him only makes sense,
if you look at him as a win now rental for 1 or 2 po runs (like coleman, goodrow deluxe)
if you look at him as a long term piece and you have the cap space, but don't think he would consider your team as fa

the islanders are safely out of the po this season and don't have a surplus of cap space. they have zero motivation to overpay for boeser.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Isles would probably have to think about it if the offer was Pettersson at this point. Dobson’s potential has always been completely through the roof and he’s been their best defenseman the second half of the season.

Dobson had a rough start to the season and Trotz benched him back in late November, he looked lost. Since the benching, his game has exploded and is a difference maker. Defensive game needs work like most young d-men, but the offensive ability is much higher than expected during the draft scouting process. 40+ points looks like a lock, 50 could be possible considering the almost PPG pace since eating hot dogs in the press box.

At this point, Dobson is as untouchable as it gets for the Isles.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
Not a chance in hell we trade Pettersson for Noah Dobson. And I LOVE Dobson. Wanted the Canucks to draft him at the time.
See below. It’s a fair theoretical trade when both sides see their pieces as untouchable, and obviously not likely one that actually happens as a result.
Dobson had a rough start to the season and Trotz benched him back in late November, he looked lost. Since the benching, his game has exploded and is a difference maker. Defensive game needs work like most young d-men, but the offensive ability is much higher than expected during the draft scouting process. 40+ points looks like a lock, 50 could be possible considering the almost PPG pace since eating hot dogs in the press box.

At this point, Dobson is as untouchable as it gets for the Isles.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Dobson is not available, he is NYI's equivalent to Hughes.
This is the equivalent of the Islanders trading Lee for Hughes. Both are good players but one is on a completely different level from the other.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs fan perspective... Islanders can't afford to trade Dobson for a winger. They clearly need and value Dobson on their back end. Without him, they are forced to try to replace him through UFA and where you going to find a fair priced RD in the UFA market?

David Bruce Banner

Acid Raven Bed Burn
Mar 25, 2008
Waaaaay over there
As a Canucks fan I would love this trade. I wanted Dobson over Hughes in that draft (although I’m more than happy with Hughes now). Even without Boeser’s salary there’s no way the Isles do this, though.

Horvat, Boeser and Poolman for Dobson, Pageau and a 2nd? Probably still way off salary wise.

CRYHAVOC

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks, but no thanks. When he was drafted, I said this young man will one day have a letter on his Isles jersey. And it won't be an "A".

Reactions: Riseonfire

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Brock Boesers days in Vancouver APPEAR to be coming to an end as his game is unforutnately really starting to round out. Skating has improved, defensive game is complete, great passer and legendary shot. Hes a former allstar who struggled after a cheapshot from Clutterbuck a few years ago but is back to speed. Many Canuck fans will NOT be happy to trade Brock Boeser but i feel it should happen and this deal works out for them despite losing him. The Canucks they are too thin on defense and have many top line forwards but this just does NOT work out

Dobson in New York hasnt lived up to the pre draft hype and will be a RFA at the end of season just like Brock Boeser. Seems like a natural trade off here and could be one of those win win trades. If the Canucks retain on the deal then NY is not over cap as well. Brock Boeser on Barzals wing for a decade could be one of the best duos in the league. Dobson paired with Hughes would be solid too

Because dmen are worth more than wingers Canucks would need to add former 2nd rounder Jet Woo is a bulldog and could anchor down a spot on the NY blueline for YEARS

To Vancity: Dobson, 2022 3rd round pick

To NYI: Brock Boeser (50% retain), Woo, Bailey, 2023 4th round pick
Boeser has less value than you realize.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
As a Canucks fan I would love this trade. I wanted Dobson over Hughes in that draft (although I’m more than happy with Hughes now). Even without Boeser’s salary there’s no way the Isles do this, though.

Horvat, Boeser and Poolman for Dobson, Pageau and a 2nd? Probably still way off salary wise.

NYI can't afford to take anywhere near that much salary.

I'm from Vancouver, but Canucks fans just need to give it up. There is really no plausible trade that would result in Dobson coming back. He's an ELC, top-four RHD. That's basically a unicorn.

Feb 19, 2018
The ship has sailed, last year at this time it would have been a no brainer for NYI. Now fast forward to now and Dobson is untouchable.

Ita

Mar 11, 2019
Last offseason
Buchnevich 5.8
Bjorkstrand 5.4
Mantha 5.7

I'd take any of these guys over Boeser.

I will take Buchnevich over Boeser but Bjorkstrand is debatable. Not so sure what you see in Mantha to think he’s better though.

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
The ship has sailed, last year at this time it would have been a no brainer for NYI. Now fast forward to now and Dobson is untouchable.

In theory, maybe. But honestly Dobson has always been highly thought of in the Islanders organization.

Regardless if fans on here agreed that such a trade was fair… Islanders wouldn’t have done it last year either.

So it’s not as if anyone should feel like they just missed out on getting Dobson.

Reactions: PWJunior

goal1228

Jun 17, 2009
Is that you, Bernmiester?
Brock Boesers days in Vancouver APPEAR to be coming to an end as his game is unforutnately really starting to round out. Skating has improved, defensive game is complete, great passer and legendary shot. Hes a former allstar who struggled after a cheapshot from Clutterbuck a few years ago but is back to speed. Many Canuck fans will NOT be happy to trade Brock Boeser but i feel it should happen and this deal works out for them despite losing him. The Canucks they are too thin on defense and have many top line forwards but this just does NOT work out

Dobson in New York hasnt lived up to the pre draft hype and will be a RFA at the end of season just like Brock Boeser. Seems like a natural trade off here and could be one of those win win trades. If the Canucks retain on the deal then NY is not over cap as well. Brock Boeser on Barzals wing for a decade could be one of the best duos in the league. Dobson paired with Hughes would be solid too

Because dmen are worth more than wingers Canucks would need to add former 2nd rounder Jet Woo is a bulldog and could anchor down a spot on the NY blueline for YEARS

To Vancity: Dobson, 2022 3rd round pick

To NYI: Brock Boeser (50% retain), Woo, Bailey, 2023 4th round pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad