Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

Hatrick Marleau

Just Win The Game
May 16, 2012
It's too bad that both teams can't come to agreement to only ice four players when their fourth lines are out so we don't have to see Gomez/Ebbett hit the ice.

It's a real shame that Wilson traded away Clowe/Murray. Regardless of their form prior to the trades, the roster would be a contender. And many PP's would've come Vancouver's way.

Gomez is good.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
well things worked out well for us i think. i say vancouver takes us to 7, but we take it in the end. should be a good series!

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Burish has been saving all of his gutz for playoffs so watch out Vancouver

I'm sure Nucks fans will be pumping their fists if Burish is in the lineup. If I were a Nucks fan and saw Burish (and Hannan too) in the lineup in Game 1, I would start a "Thank you T-Mac" chant.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I'm sure Nucks fans will be pumping their fists if Burish is in the lineup. If I were a Nucks fan and saw Burish (and Hannan too) in the lineup in Game 1, I would start a "Thank you T-Mac" chant.

And I would do the same thing if I was one of them.

Hopefully Burish shows us why he was signed here, because he damn sure didn't do that in the regular season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Sharks in 6

They played really well against Vancouver this year, and I still think the Canucks goalie situation is sticky at best. Sharks have the edge there, which sometimes is the most important position in the playoffs.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dear Adam Burish,

I've insulted you plenty of times. I've based those insults off of how you wear your hair, how you play the game, how you're unable to make any plays in the offensive zone. The majority of the times I did this, I did it because I was angry at Todd McLellan for playing you over James Sheppard, who gives 100% every game; you don't.

However, with that said, if you give 100% every game and play well in the playoffs I'll forgive you. And I will become a fan. And I will buy a Burish jersey if you win the Conn Smythe.

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Having watched the games where Hannan has played, I can't understand the notion that he's terribad. Sure, he's not a top4 but it's not like we have a Semenov there.

Well, um,

Hannan+Stuart=Disaster

As long as they are together, they are both terribad.

This.

Stuart+Vlasic is an awful pairing, but one is still a premiere #2 defensive defenseman while the other is a great second-pairing guy. Hannan+Stuart is a disaster. DW should ice Tennyson instead of playing that pair.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I think it's hilarious (but scary) that we are already conceding the Sharks won't field the (ridiculously obvious) best forward lineup possible:

TJ-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Havlat
Torres-Pavs-Wingels
Desjardins-Gomez-Sheppard

vilpertti

Jun 18, 2002
Visit site
I think it's hilarious (but scary) that we are already conceding the Sharks won't field the (ridiculously obvious) best forward lineup possible:

TJ-Thornton-Burns
Marleau-Couture-Havlat
Torres-Pavs-Wingels
Desjardins-Gomez-Sheppard
I'm quite certain the series isn't going to be decided on who is the right wing on the fourth line.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Going to Home game 1... Please don't be afternoon game. Nothing worse than going to a game and feeling guilty for drinking a beer.

OldAsianSharksFan

More 1OV picks please
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Dear Adam Burish,

I've insulted you plenty of times. I've based those insults off of how you wear your hair, how you play the game, how you're unable to make any plays in the offensive zone. The majority of the times I did this, I did it because I was angry at Todd McLellan for playing you over James Sheppard, who gives 100% every game; you don't.

However, with that said, if you give 100% every game and play well in the playoffs I'll forgive you. And I will become a fan. And I will buy a Burish jersey if you win the Conn Smythe.

How does Burish even play when he gives 100%? I almost forgot he's on the team if not for Capgeek:laugh:

I can't recall a single Burish highlight this year outside of his shortie against the Canucks.

Tanevian*

Going to Home game 1... Please don't be afternoon game. Nothing worse than going to a game and feeling guilty for drinking a beer.

I don't feel the guilt of drinking beer, but no better way to ruin an evening than to lose in the afternoon.

USF Shark

Zôion politikòn
Aug 19, 2005
DC Area
please do not bash Vancouver's fans. It is flaming. I will start handing out infractions and bans after this warning.

BadVooDoo

May 3, 2010
I'm quite certain the series isn't going to be decided on who is the right wing on the fourth line.

In previous playoffs the Sharks terribad 4th line literally lost the series for them with the 5 minutes of ice time per game they got. This season's forth line usually manages to break even as it is, but they could do better than that if Burish is scratched and Sheppard takes his spot.

The thing that most Sharks fans should be worried about is whether or not Hannan is in the lineup, if he is and is paired with Stuart that could be what costs us the series. Last night that pairing got just under 20 min of ice time and were outchanced 7-0 and outshot 23-11, that's Murray/Stuart levels of bad.

MasterShake

Sep 16, 2009
Santa Cruz, CA
Burish has been saving all of his gutz for playoffs so watch out Vancouver

tumblr_mh6u5cjxkt1r2n7xho1_500.jpg

Arz1

Dec 27, 2011
If we don't believe in them then who does? Sharks in 6. Vancouver is still a better matchup than STL.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
What would our strategy be to beet the nucks in this series. I'd say our strengths are goal tending, strong defense, PK and PP if we're playing well. Our weakness is 5 on 5 scoring/scoring depth. So my question is this, Can we play and win a low scoring series against the nucks?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad