Value of: Brett Pesce

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Oh wait I know I know, yeah, Peterka isn't being traded for a 2nd pair D.
Maybe it’s that the Canes aren’t trading a defenseman who played the most ES minutes, against the toughest competition, on one of the better defensive teams in the league for a 3rd line 30 point forward.

See how easy it is to make generalities like that?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Orlov signing makes it less likely Pesce is traded and more likely he's kept long term in Carolina. Orlov perfect bridge to Nikishin and locks up the left side top 4 for the foreseeable future. Skjei likely out and Canes RHD future is much more murky if Pesce isn't kept -- Burns has 2 more years and playing great but is old and not likely to stay/be as effective past that contract. Morrow is a decent prospect but a question mark, Chatfield is solid but projects as a 4D at best. The choice was going to be between Skjei and Pesce longer term and the Orlov signing signals Pesce.

Gaberd2608

Jul 14, 2022
That's way too big of a trade for a Carolina team that went to the ECF and is looking to tweak some small improvement into a group they like.

Pesce and a 2nd (or similar) for Nylander is probably the only offer there is to consider from the Canes end.
If i was BT i would make that trade. Leafs can use cap savings and sign bertuzzi. Bertuzzi and pesce is better than just nylander i think most would agree.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad