Value of: Brett Pesce, Brady Skjei, Teuvo Teräväinen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Shoot for the stars so when you fail you land on the moon. But seems you’re already following that
What do you call getting just the perfect player for just the guy you want to get rid of?
Besides typical here on HF?
I assume Pesce replaces Joki in the Sabres starting line up. And given Joki is in his final year of a contract he's nit much more than a dump. Buffalo makes out like a bandit in tvst deal. The Canes get the premiere puck moving point producing RD in the game while SJ should just be happy to get whatever is given.
Replace Joki with Strbak and Drury with Marrow and all parties get what they want/need

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
What do you call getting just the perfect player for just the guy you want to get rid of?
I assume Pesce replaces Joki in the Sabres starting line up. And given Joki is in his final year of a contract he's nit much more than a dump. Buffalo makes out like a bandit in tvst deal. The Canes get the premiere puck moving point producing RD in the game while SJ should just be happy to get whatever is given.
Replace Joki with Strbak and Drury with Marrow and all parties get what they want/need
Im an outsider but I think Jokiharju would actually be pretty solid in a top 4 role where he’s allowed to hold onto the puck which he can’t do in Buff with Dahlin or Power. Could find new life in SJ, I don’t think he’s beyond help. Those are his strengths and he can’t play to them with our studs.

Also a 1st and a solid player in Drury.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
If Carolina wants lindholm back for Brady Skjei I’m driving him to the airport and flying the airplane straight to Raleigh. Then I’m kissing Don Waddell and crying the first two tears of my life.
I am sufficiently erect enough to support this fanfic I mean scenario

• Love
Reactions: super6646

Grinner

May 31, 2022
Im an outsider but I think Jokiharju would actually be pretty solid in a top 4 role where he’s allowed to hold onto the puck which he can’t do in Buff with Dahlin or Power. Could find new life in SJ, I don’t think he’s beyond help. Those are his strengths and he can’t play to them with our studs.

Also a 1st and a solid player in Drury.
As a Shark fan I'd like to think I've got some idea as to what are needs are and who I'd personally like to see try and fill those needs.
Sorry for coming at you like a jerk

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I’d do this and I’m sure SJ would. feel Like Carolina wouldn’t.
At what was going out for Carolina in that proposal, it was already bordering on too much. Swapping Morrow for Drury is well past ridiculous.

He's just not worth all that to us.

Reactions: WreckingCrew

Grinner

May 31, 2022
At what was going out for Carolina in that proposal, it was already bordering on too much. Swapping Morrow for Drury is well past ridiculous.

He's just not worth all that to us.
Well pass ridiculous?
Out side of a late 1st, what else in that deal are you giving up? TT was included as a way to open up more cap space

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Well pass ridiculous?
Out side of a late 1st, what else in that deal are you giving up? TT was included as a way to open up more cap space

The main piece they’re giving up is an extended Pesce who is worth at least a first.

Then they’re giving their first, the Philly second which is almost like a late first, Morrow who is a great prospect and Teravainen.

That’s quite a lot to spend on a player who would be a luxury.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
The main piece they’re giving up is an extended Pesce who is worth at least a first.

Then they’re giving their first, the Philly second which is almost like a late first, Morrow who is a great prospect and Teravainen.

The op stared that TT was included to open up further cap space. The 1st I believe was your guys. Seemed the only things you were getting from Buffalo was Joki who is being flipped to SJ AND Philly's 2nd. I substituted Morrow for Drury.and Strbak for Joki

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown

You're getting

Henri Jokiharju + Vsevolod Komarov + 2024 1st (top 10 protected) for Pesce

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
You're getting

Ok? That portion of the trade doesn’t change my opinion of the overall trade as you listed it. Especially once other posters wanted to add in Morrow, too.

The canes have drafted 50 prospects in the last 5 years. Komarov doesn’t really do a whole lot for them. A first is always nice but overall I still think the canes are giving up too much in this deal as I said in my post you quoted.

Reactions: Chan790

PatLaFontaineASMR

Jul 9, 2014
Parts Unkown
Ok? That portion of the trade doesn’t change my opinion of the overall trade as you listed it. Especially once other posters wanted to add in Morrow, too.

The canes have drafted 50 prospects in the last 5 years. Komarov doesn’t really do a whole lot for them. A first is always nice but overall I still think the canes are giving up too much in this deal as I said in my post you quoted.
What do you expect to get for Pesce? A 1st + roster player + prospect seems pretty much what he'd get. I wouldn't expect Pesce to get any top tier prospect back.

I think the deal is overall pretty fair. I wouldn't have Morrow involved in the trade unless the retention is 50%. You could keep TT if you want. I just had him in there to make the cap work.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
You're getting

Jokiharju is seemingly a defenseman of little value to SJ if their fans are to be believed, ergo Jokiharju is a defenseman of no value whatsoever to us. Need someone we can sell to SJ.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but Carolina is pretty much aces at finding great defensemen outside of the first round. We also have a deep prospect pool. Komarov just isn't interesting as a keeper for us. Maybe a forward spec or again, something to sell to SJ and keep our own assets out. If they want Komarev, great! We wouldn't.

The 1st? Eh. It's a trade chip. Maybe send it to SJ and keep the other two Top-40 picks instead as I expect Buffalo to make the playoffs next year. That's an internal decision for Carolina though.

The first and two other pieces? The structure is fine I guess. Value is ultimately a function of the assets included. Just different assets here.

Grinner

May 31, 2022
You're getting

Seems I misinterpreted Buffalo's contributions to the trade. Joki is a middling defender who is the one bring upgraded. He's also a UFA after this up coming season. Drury isn't someone who's going to make an impact on anyone's lineup a C.
Grier system thst he couldn't see retaining 50% but I did hear $ 4 million.
The Canes are getting the priemer Point scoring puck moving RD in the game. It doesn't seem to much of an ask to get back a prospect who plays the same position that shows enough promise to make an NHL roster and contribute.
Isn't there a worry among Cane fans thst Marrow will seek to stay in school and become a FA? There doesn't seem to be an opening for him at the patent club
I brought up Thune before. A Ducks prospect who asked for a trade due to a log jam in Anaheim. No worries on that either?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad