Value of: Brayden Schneider to CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
What is NYR looking for? Would 16th overall get the discussion started.

Flames need a D prospect and I think he fits the current system really well. I’ve heard there is no room for Brayden in NY.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Rangers aren't looking to trade him. We traded Lundkvist. We don't have any depth behind Schneider to replace him. We also don't have the cap space to sign someone making more than 1 mil, so we need him far more than we need the 16th overall pick.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers aren't looking to trade him. We traded Lundkvist. We don't have any depth behind Schneider to replace him. We also don't have the cap space to sign someone making more than 1 mil, so we need him far more than we need the 16th overall pick.
this ^ exactly

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Flames need a D prospect and I think he fits the current system really well. I’ve heard there is no room for Brayden in NY.
general rule of trading is in one way, shape or form, at some point, profit must outweigh the cost.

We like Trouba but unless we get bread to waive early and can repurpose most of his 11+m, we will need to deal Trouba, about 2m retained for 6m cap relief as soon as possible. We were fortunate Chytil extended upwards of a mil better than best case scenario, but now coming up we need $$$$ for KAM, and that is to extend, not bridge, which will cost mo in the long run.

Translation: at present, all signs make it impossible to even consider moving Schneider, not that we want to, b'c he replaces Trouba the second he's dealt.

Also, to answer your question, in a vacuum I think he should get more than 16OA even as a starting point.
Consider Nils L pick is closer to that range and we value BS slightly higher.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I don't think you can say "there's no room" for a player who plays 81 out of 82 games. With that said, our D is already thin on the bottom pair, so even if Schneider is blocked by Trouba, there's no reason to make this trade for a player that won't be in our lineup for years. With Panarin, Zibanejad, Trocheck, Fox, Kreider and Igor, this team isn't looking to create a hole for potential future. Value aside, NYR would have to sign a UFA to replace Schneider, who is still on an ELC deal.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
There may not be room for him in a few years but trading him this off-season leaves a gaping hole in our defense.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Schneider is an RFA at the end of next season I wonder what Schneider’s agents asking price would be coming off an ELC.

Rangers may have no choice but to bridge contract. As Drury is going to be doing some cap gymnastics in the near future.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Rasmus Andersson at 50% retained?

There may not be room for him in a few years but trading him this off-season leaves a gaping hole in our defense.

Schneider is an RFA at the end of next season I wonder what Schneider’s agents asking price would be coming off an ELC.

Rangers may have no choice but to bridge contract. As Drury is going to be doing some cap gymnastics in the near future.

Schneider is not gonna be available.
beginning 24-25 [season after next] Trouba hard nmc morphs into limited ntc and he can/will be dealt to any club not on 15 team no trade list
most of that will go to emerging cap needs current elcs-rfas/rfas- low bridge deals while we wait to repurpose bread

That said, a deal CAN be had w/other pieces
Lindgren = now 3 expiring but rfa, not ufa after current term
LaF = elc expiring, first rfa now

these are 2 assets w/value to Flames
Lindy = heart + soul guy solid LD plays tough
he is LD not RD, but you have adequate RD still at least short term stopgap and if you decide to move Hanafin for a good offer, you have good LD depth

LaF still has signif upside. Not Jagr upside, but def Steve Vickers potential imo.
But no less important, he has signif commercial value to Canadian teams; Calgary grabbing him would have huge intangible upside for both marketing and prominence.

Ras at half for 3 remaining years after this [4.55 x.5 =] 2.275 is a great fit for NY post Trouba.
So next yr, we run Fox at LD w/KAM while we develop Robertson, and on RD roll w/Ras/Troub/Schneid.

and Othmann, who is here next yr, while also a fit elsewhere in the lineup, could work on the kid line

----------

For ny, key is to get acceptably high picks to provide good enuf value w/immediate cap relief, which is nec b'c while we caught a break w/generous re-up from Chytil upwards of 1m lower than best hoped for re-sign, we need an extension, not a bridge [more expensive in the long run] for KAM

using Othman fresh elc to replace LaF rfa + recovering all 3 of Lindgren + 3+ dead cap recovery gets us KAM
{we will not get Tara or Kane back and that covers Ras' 2+ at half}

So here is what I think both sides can agree to

Lindy full pop
Laf rfa rights
Leshitshow cap dump 766,667 2
OTT 2023 3rd
either 1 of NYR 2024 or 2025 1st [both appear conditional, but if I'm not mistaken it is one or the other Rangers have to pony up, depending, not both]

in exchange

Flames 2023 1st, 2023 2nd
Ras at half

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
this is a non story
when a team has the contracts of guys like Bread, Zib, Fox, Trouba, Kreider, Troch and Shesty,
regulars on ELCs are essential
Flames would need to offer to drastically overpay to even get NYR to listen,
and even then,
but - what could the team value more than
a top 5 D, RH, age 21, with size and physicality, and some emerging O, and on ELC?

Reactions: LokiDog

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
said the man who doesn't want to address cap reality or the fact that drury overpaid for both Tara and Kane
I didn't comment on any of that. But if that's the direction you want to go in, please explain how we overpaid for Kane. While you're at it, go and tell me how we should keep a player who can't get out of his own zone (Schneider)compared to a much better player in Lindgren and a 1st overall pick.

Actually, I don't have time to read your paragraphs today. You overrate every young player just because they have a lower cap hit. It's nice to get on top of future cap issues, but you can't trade away your better players just so you can keep younger players who don't perform as well. I am not suggesting we trade Schneider, but countering to give up better players is a bit ridiculous.

Only in your world is a buried player off the salary cap called a cap dump.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2002
NYC

He was the 19th OA pick three years ago and is now a legit NHL defenseman. So why would a pick 3 spots hire be something the Rangers are look for? And he certainly has a place in NY.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Lindy full pop
Laf rfa rights
Leshitshow cap dump 766,667 2
OTT 2023 3rd
either 1 of NYR 2024 or 2025 1st [both appear conditional, but if I'm not mistaken it is one or the other Rangers have to pony up, depending, not both]

in exchange

Flames 2023 1st, 2023 2nd
Ras at half
That is a lot of writing for about the worst proposal I have seen in a long time. No way the Flames touch that

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
You guys could have just selected him with the pick in 2019 instead of trading back and picking Connor Zary :huh:

Reactions: McJedi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad