Value of: Brayden Schneider to CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You are dreaming that nyr says no. Value is so tilted it's insane
How so?
Lafreniere
1st
Lindgren
3RD

Tilted value for NYR? No. It's ok to say Flames won't do it. It's equally ok to say NYR won't do it. But let's not act like the value here is so tilted in NYR favor.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
How so?
Lafreniere
1st
Lindgren
3RD

Tilted value for NYR? No. It's ok to say Flames won't do it. It's equally ok to say NYR won't do it. But let's not act like the value here is so tilted in NYR favor.
Well let's see then, a higher 1st, a better pick in the 2nd and a top pairing D at 2.3m for 3 years. Tell me again how it's not tilted, please do.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Well let's see then, a higher 1st, a better pick in the 2nd and a top pairing D at 2.3m for 3 years. Tell me again how it's not tilted, please do.
You act like Lindgren and Laf aren't in that package. Nobody said it's great for Flames. But it's equally as bad for NYR.

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
You act like Lindgren and Laf aren't in that package. Nobody said it's great for Flames. But it's equally as bad for NYR.
You are joking right? You are acting like those 2 actually have significant value. Lindgren? Are you serious? Pls tell me how much zadorov is worth then. Only thing keep laf in the conversation as anything valuable is the fact that was drafted 1st oa, and that's fading fast after 3 underwhelming years. Laf isn't some blue chip and sure af isn't even close to a top pairing D at 2m. Don't even have to mention how atrocious the rest of the deal are.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
You are joking right? You are acting like those 2 actually have significant value. Lindgren? Are you serious? Pls tell me how much zadorov is worth then. Only thing keep laf in the conversation as anything valuable is the fact that was drafted 1st oa, and that's fading fast after 3 underwhelming years. Laf isn't some blue chip and sure af isn't even close to a top pairing D at 2m. Don't even have to mention how atrocious the rest of the deal are.
You don't know anything about Lindgren it seems. So there's no point in continuing this. Have a good one.

Reactions: LokiDog

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
You don't know anything about Lindgren it seems. So there's no point in continuing this. Have a good one.
Yea excuse me for thinking a 25 year old D averaging 18mins a game nothing special, really got me there

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
What is NYR looking for? Would 16th overall get the discussion started.

Flames need a D prospect and I think he fits the current system really well. I’ve heard there is no room for Brayden in NY.

Schneider is not a defensive prospect. He’s a capable defenseman for a Stanley Cup contender right now.

The Rangers also the thinnest defensive depth in hockey.

Schneider is untradeable.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Yea excuse me for thinking a 25 year old D averaging 18mins a game nothing special, really got me there
It’s painful watching you struggle so badly. You clearly had to Google who Ryan Lindgren even is with some of the nonsense you’re spewing here. Take the L and move on.

Reactions: UnSandvich

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
It’s painful watching you struggle so badly. You clearly had to Google who Ryan Lindgren even is with some of the nonsense you’re spewing here. Take the L and move on.
You know what's painful? All the spewing of he's so great and nothing to back it up. You know what Google says? A 25 year old averaging 18mins a game. Cute with the L. Do you even know who Andersson is.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
You know what's painful? All the spewing of he's so great and nothing to back it up. You know what Google says? A 25 year old averaging 18mins a game. Cute with the L. Do you even know who Andersson is.
Cool story.

He averaged 20min a night the last couple of years. That’s why having a quality dman like Schneider on the third pair is key for the Rangers, it doesn’t force Gallant to overplay Lindgren.

Lindgren:
Corsi For (Possession): 54.57% (2nd)

XGF%: 54.11% (2nd)

High Danger CF: 54.64% (2nd)

He’s also been on the ice only 12 times this year in high danger goals against.

Fact is he’s the a top pairing nhl dmen in this league, instead of sone mediocre #6 dman which is what you labeled him as. And that’s why your opinion on him is laughable. Anyone who’s watched Lindgren play would realize he’s anything but a number 6dman like you suggested.

You know who is a #6 dman? Niko Mikkola. When Lindgren missed 17 games, Mikkola was paired with Fox.

As a pair, they have been on the ice for two goals for, but nine against. In addition, they have the worst possession metrics (43.75 CF%), and have not been able to generate anything offensively (40.34 xGF%). To make matters worse, five of the nine goals against are from the high-danger area of the ice.

It’s fun talking about talking hockey with people who don’t watch hockey. 🤡

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
Cool story.

He averaged 20min a night the last couple of years. That’s why having a quality dman like Schneider on the third pair is key for the Rangers, it doesn’t force Gallant to overplay Lindgren.

Lindgren:

Fact is he’s the a top pairing nhl dmen in this league, instead of sone mediocre #6 dman which is what you labeled him as. And that’s why your opinion on him is laughable. Anyone who’s watched Lindgren play would realize he’s anything but a number 6dman like you suggested.

You know who is a #6 dman? Niko Mikkola. When Lindgren missed 17 games, Mikkola was paired with Fox.

As a pair, they have been on the ice for two goals for, but nine against. In addition, they have the worst possession metrics (43.75 CF%), and have not been able to generate anything offensively (40.34 xGF%). To make matters worse, five of the nine goals against are from the high-danger area of the ice.

Lmaoooo ok bud, who said he's a number 6. Must be cute being the clown putting words in my mouth. 18:50 mins a game is closer to a number 4 in mins than a top pair but keep trying. He's career high of 20:06 mins really says he's a top pair D, go find me another top pair D that only plays 20mins a game. A number 4D man gets a top pair D at 2m and a better 1st and a better 2nd, yep def not lopsided.
But since you like being a clown let's play.

He's 32 in CF% (2 my ass)
56 in xgf% (2 my ass and learn to read, u used fox number)
54 in HDCF% (2 my ass)

Let's keep playing,
CF% 3 flames ahead of him weegar tanev zadorov and hanifin right behind. I didn't even bother listing stone even though he technically had better numbers lmao.

Xgf% 5 flames ahead of him, Andersson hanifin weegar tanev zadorov.

Hdcf% 2 flames ahead tanev hanfin and weegar 0.03 behind.

Well damn, if those stats he's a top pair D then wtf does Calgary have. Glad you know so much about hockey my guy, keep at it.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Lmaoooo ok bud, who said he's a number 6. Must be cute being the clown putting words in my mouth. 18:50 mins a game is closer to a number 4 in mins than a top pair but keep trying. He's career high of 20:06 mins really says he's a top pair D, go find me another top pair D that only plays 20mins a game. A number 4D man gets a top pair D at 2m and a better 1st and a better 2nd, yep def not lopsided.
But since you like being a clown let's play.

He's 32 in CF% (2 my ass)
56 in xgf% (2 my ass and learn to read, u used fox number)
54 in HDCF% (2 my ass)

Let's keep playing,
CF% 3 flames ahead of him weegar tanev zadorov and hanifin right behind. I didn't even bother listing stone even though he technically had better numbers lmao.

Xgf% 5 flames ahead of him, Andersson hanifin weegar tanev zadorov.

Hdcf% 2 flames ahead tanev hanfin and weegar 0.03 behind.

Well damn, if those stats he's a top pair D then wtf does Calgary have. Glad you know so much about hockey my guy, keep at it.
My apologies, it was Bond who said he was a 4-6 dman, not you. My bad. I’ve been drinking and smoking.

His Corsi stats are 2 on the Rangers, not league wide. Still, his numbers suggest he’s a very capable dman who’s only 25.

I don’t give a shit about his comparison to your Calgary D. I haven’t mentioned anyone on your team once. I just felt your representation on Lindgren was light. This is a dude who blocks pucks with his face and returns a few shifts later.

This is a player who just won the Steven McDonald award which doesn’t mean jack shit to you, but it would if he played for your team.

The sad thing is this is what usually happens when Bern goes full-Bern and creates trade scenarios that make no sense. It pisses people off on both teams because they always have the same end-goal with little regards to why either team would even consider it.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Flames need a D prospect and I think he fits the current system really well. I’ve heard there is no room for Brayden in NY.
Flames probably should not have done the trade down in 2020 with the Rangers to let them draft Schneider, leaving Calgary with Zary from yet another trade down with Washington. These are the 2 Dmen they drafted with the 2 extra 3rd round picks.

Jeremie Poirier - 2 more years in the Q and last year in the A.
Jake Boltmann - 3 years with ND of NCAA since the draft.

Bond

May 10, 2012
Flames probably should not have done the trade down in 2020 with the Rangers to let them draft Schneider, leaving Calgary with Zary from yet another trade down with Washington. These are the 2 Dmen they drafted with the 2 extra 3rd round picks.

Jeremie Poirier - 2 more years in the Q and last year in the A.
Jake Boltmann - 3 years with ND of NCAA since the draft.
Poirier is a solid prospect. Same with Zary

HarrySPlinkett

Not a film critic
Feb 4, 2010
Calgary

Just wait for the draft and draft the selection, man.

There’s no funny business to be had with an interim GM at the helm.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Poirier is a solid prospect. Same with Zary
Schneider is a RHD, so like in NYR he would be the 3rd RHD behind Tanev and Andersson. But, he's an NHL Dman right now.

See if those Flames picks pan out.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
The Rangers aren't looking to trade him. We traded Lundkvist. We don't have any depth behind Schneider to replace him. We also don't have the cap space to sign someone making more than 1 mil, so we need him far more than we need the 16th overall pick.

Schenider blows....if the 16th pick is being offered for him, you have to take that and run. Seems a lot of neutral fans still aren't aware that the kid just pretty much flat out sucks right now.

You can certainly sign someone close to a million dollars to replace him on the Rangers.

As a Ranger fan, I know the cap was tight but they should have tried to upgrade him at 3RD because he really isn't good. Someone like Luke Schenn would have been a good move.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Schenider blows....if the 16th pick is being offered for him, you have to take that and run. Seems a lot of neutral fans still aren't aware that the kid just pretty much flat out sucks right now.

You can certainly sign someone close to a million dollars to replace him on the Rangers.

As a Ranger fan, I know the cap was tight but they should have tried to upgrade him at 3RD because he really isn't good. Someone like Luke Schenn would have been a good move.
Would your opinion have been the same last year?

He has taken a bit of a step back this season, but the potential is still there. Seems awfully shortsighted to give up on him. Maybe he won't put it together, but there's no guarantee about the 16th overall pick either.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Cool story.

Lindgren:

I think he's a 3/4. He's better than the poster said who called him a bottom pairing guy. He's definitely not a top pairing guy. He's a pretty average 2nd pairing defenseman.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Schenn is most likely signing for more than 850k on his next deal.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Contrary to the OP's premise, I don't think the club needs a D prospect in the immediate term.

As someone else has pointed out we have RD's Andersson, Weegar, Tanev, and if he re-signs, 28 year old Stecher for the main team.

On the farm they have three LD's that are, by all accounts, coming along nicely (Kuznetsov, Solovyov, and Poirier).

I can understand the sentiment to have an RD in training or in waiting (especially a young one), he would have to force he way onto the squad or play in the AHL.

Nothing against Schneider, but I just don't see a fit unless there is a drastic overpay.

I think Calgary's more urgent need will be at the centre position so if the two teams are going to dance some like Lafreniere might be a topic of conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad