Value of: Brayden Schenn To Vancouver

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaunce4gm

Trusted Hockey Man
Dec 5, 2015
Victoria B.C.
What would the cost be? He's elected for Arbitration so obviously things may change if they come to an agreement, but if the Arbitrator awards a salary that's too high for Hextalls liking than what would it take?

Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Derek Dorsett
Brendan Gaunce
Luca Sbisa
2nd in 2017
CBJ 2nd in 17/18

Are all assets I see being available for a player like Schenn.

Sutter, Gaunce, 2nd?

We could also take back a cap dump if necessary

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I'd assume that the talks would start with Boeser or Virtanen. Likely the former.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
What would the cost be? He's elected for Arbitration so obviously things may change if they come to an agreement, but if the Arbitrator awards a salary that's too high for Hextalls liking than what would it take?

Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Derek Dorsett
Brendan Gaunce
Luca Sbisa
2nd in 2017
CBJ 2nd in 17/18

Sutter, Gaunce, 2nd?

None of these.

I'd assume that the talks would start with Boeser or Virtanen. Likely the former.

One of these plus.

Insulin

Jan 23, 2013
Atlantic City
Some are not so great, but you're not being fair calling Sutter, Hansen, 2nd rounders, Gaunce, or Pedan "garbage"

Those are all third liners. Schenn is much better than all of them and no combination of the assets you listed are good enough/make enough sense for the Flyers to acquire Schenn. He will be 25 this season and is coming off a 59 point season, he would cost multiple high value assets and you offered zero.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014

Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Derek Dorsett
Brendan Gaunce
Luca Sbisa
2nd in 2017
CBJ 2nd in 17/18

Sutter, Gaunce, 2nd?

Reverse it, would you trade Tanev to Philly for a combination of:

Laughton
Read
Gagner (is he still there?)
Bellamre
Streit
Hägg
2nd
Vandervalde

etc etc...

Doubt it...

Calgareee

Jun 29, 2015
Virtanen + top 5 protected first 2017? (Unprotected 2018 if in top 5)?

Assuming that Schenn is signed to a reasonable longterm contract 4.5-5.5 for 5+ years.

TL12

Cam Barker MVP
Jan 3, 2014
Vancouver
Some are not so great, but you're not being fair calling Sutter, Hansen, 2nd rounders, Gaunce, or Pedan "garbage"

Sure it is, it's an embarrassing offer to a player like B. Schenn.

Just because you add more picks/players just makes it a quantity for quality type trade, and the quantity still doesn't match his value in a vacuum.

We would have to give up Horvat/Virtanen and a pick, at the least.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Virtanen or Horvat would have to be involved going to Philly... most likely Virtanen+... anything less than that, then Hextall is a tool... which he definately is not

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Virtanen + top 5 protected first 2017? (Unprotected 2018 if in top 5) ?

Too far in the other direction from a value standpoint. That could be an insanely valuable pick.

I don't think if fits what Hextall would want from a timeframe perspective either, though. He's a really tough valuation to determine.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Schenn was 11th in LW scoring this year in the NHL. Please keep that in mind when offering proposals. OP is awful.

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Brandon Sutter
Jannik Hansen
Alex Burrows
Derek Dorsett
Brendan Gaunce
Luca Sbisa
2nd in 2017
CBJ 2nd in 17/18

Sutter, Gaunce, 2nd?

You want something of significant value you have to give up something of significant value, basically like everyone on here has said, it starts with Horvat or Virtanen and then we add from there, not a trade either team should make.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Reverse it, would you trade Tanev to Philly for a combination of:

Laughton
Read
Gagner (is he still there?)
Bellamre
Streit
Hägg
2nd
Vandervalde

etc etc...

Doubt it...

Gagner's a free agent. Definitely not coming back to Philly, doubt anybody else signs him either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad