Confirmed with Link: Brassard re-signed (5 years, $5M per)

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
4 of those players are 1st round picks. Two of which we didn't even draft.

So your point is actually extremely nullified by this fact since even without those "picks" (which are far less valuable then you make them out to be, considering we're not talking about lottery picks) the Rangers are still MAGICALLY finding ways to get young, high end players onto their squad. Not to mention I didn't list every player on this team that's under 30.

If you don't value a SCF run and an Eastern Conference Champions win, I don't know what to tell you, other than that I doubt your interest in this team. Most anyone would gladly trade 2 first round picks for a trip to the finals.

Your post reeks of immaturity though, so I'm done here.
Yes keep hoping for those magical picks to come thru on trades. And have fun watching the 40 year old take you to the promised land.
Your done because you can't take the fact you keep proving my point.

THE BIG WHISTLE

Heave-Ho
Feb 16, 2012
By the beach
4 of those players are 1st round picks. Two of which we didn't even draft.

So your point is actually extremely nullified by this fact since even without those "picks" (which are far less valuable then you make them out to be, considering we're not talking about lottery picks) the Rangers are still MAGICALLY finding ways to get young, high end players onto their squad. Not to mention I didn't list every player on this team that's under 30.

If you don't value a SCF run and an Eastern Conference Champions win, I don't know what to tell you, other than that I doubt your interest in this team. Most anyone would gladly trade 2 first round picks for a trip to the finals.

Your post reeks of immaturity though, so I'm done here.

But before you leave , I like to say that was a great post

AHB*

Yes keep hoping for those magical picks to come thru on trades. And have fun watching the 40 year old take you to the promised land.
Your done because you can't take the fact you keep proving my point.

Yes, I keep proving your point, that's why you ignored my completely coherent and relevant post and succumbed (google it) to childish banter to try and piss me off.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Yes big picture. An aging team heading back to those dark years. Giving up picks for old men for the glory of one nice run every 20
Years.

if you want to talk about an aging team, I'll send you over the river to Prudential Center, where you'll find the average age of the NJ Devils top 9 is...

33. Yes, you read that right, 33. Also their youngest player in their forward corps? Adam Henrique at 24. The next youngest player? Brunner at 28, Zajac at 29, and several other FA pickups over 30.

Average age of the rangers aging top 9?

28, and that includes an "aging" 39 year old on the roster, as well as several depth pick ups. Youngest player? JT miller at 21, and next is Chris Kreider 23, then several drafted/FA pickup guys under 28. Only 3 players over 32 on the entire roster.

As for the core of the team? They are all under 30 if you include Nash and under 32 if you include hank.

SO...****ING...OLD! :sarcasm:

And since we're on this, I must ask... are your 12 or 52? I can't tell if you think either anyone older than you is ancient, or anyone younger than you is your enemy since you may jealous of them?

Just my speculation. Have a good one!

Last edited:

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
The Rangers aren't an old team but those young guys aren't as young as they used to be and they make more money. They need the next wave of young guys to start producing. Then they need the other young guys to be players. It's like college. Players graduate. Underclass guys move up. Freshman recruits join the team. The young guys play on cheap contracts. The Rangers need that.

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
if you want to talk about an aging team, I'll send you over the river to Prudential Center, where you'll find the average age of the NJ Devils top 9 is...

33. Yes, you read that right, 33. Also their youngest player in their forward corps? Adam Henrique at 24. The next youngest player? Brunner at 28, Zajac at 29, and several other FA pickups over 30.

Average age of the rangers aging top 9?

28, and that includes an "aging" 39 year old on the roster, as well as several depth pick ups. Youngest player? JT miller at 21, and next is Chris Kreider 23, then several drafted/FA pickup guys under 28. Only 3 players over 32 on the entire roster.

As for the core of the team? They are all under 30 if you include Nash and under 32 if you include hank.

SO...****ING...OLD! :sarcasm:

And since we're on this, I must ask... are your 12 or 52? I can't tell if you think either anyone older than you is ancient, or anyone younger than you is your enemy since you may jealous of them?

Just my speculation. Have a good one!
Who the heck is comparing them
To the devils? We are not there obviously. Have I once mentioned devils? So Jt miller is now our only savior under 21. Can the guy first crack the lineup for 50 games before without getting sent to Hartford. He is part of the core now? Can we see something first?

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
To the devils? We are not there obviously. Have I once mentioned devils? So Jt miller is now our only savior under 21. Can the guy first crack the lineup for 50 games before without getting sent to Hartford. He is part of the core now? Can we see something first?

This is a bit extreme, don't you think?

AHB*

He has actually played 56 NHL games.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The Rangers aren't an old team but those young guys aren't as young as they used to be and they make more money. They need the next wave of young guys to start producing. Then they need the other young guys to be players. It's like college. Players graduate. Underclass guys move up. Freshman recruits join the team. The young guys play on cheap contracts. The Rangers need that.

As usual, RB, very well said.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
posted earlier, no answer yet.... ANYONE?

---------

latest was modified NMC.

Capgeek shows nothing.
Anybody have any official word?

Exactly how much NTC/NMC does he have if any?

We can make the 5/5 work if we trade him when we have to.

Also anyone know what the max ELC is?
We need this much to sign Hayes defecting from Hawks.
Do we have it?

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site

that's the key. Management has done a decent job finding good young talent, who despite still being young, are coming into their UFA years and are demanding more money. The next wave may be there, but they are a step behind where I think the organization needs them to be and the lack of a #1 pick three years in a row could have an impact unless, of course, they found gems in the later rounds.

AHB*

posted earlier, no answer yet.... ANYONE?

---------

latest was modified NMC.

Capgeek shows nothing.
Anybody have any official word?

Exactly how much NTC/NMC does he have if any?

We can make the 5/5 work if we trade him when we have to.

Also anyone know what the max ELC is?
We need this much to sign Hayes defecting from Hawks.
Do we have it?

Maybe because no one knows yet.....he has a limited NTC but that is all that has been released.

NO NMC

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
He has actually played 56 NHL games.

Across 2 seasons because he showed during both stints that he's not (or wasn't) ready for the NHL.

Who is saying Miller is part of the core? Mentioning him as one of the youngest players in the organization with the potential to be on the opening night roster doesn't make him a "savior" or part of the core. I'm praying it was just tough love, what AV said about him last season, but I don't really see Miller staying in the organization past this season. I think AV's going to try and push to package him in some sort of trade.

AHB*

Across 2 seasons because he showed during both stints that he's not (or wasn't) ready for the NHL.

Who is saying Miller is part of the core? Mentioning him as one of the youngest players in the organization with the potential to be on the opening night roster doesn't make him a "savior" or part of the core. I'm praying it was just tough love, what AV said about him last season, but I don't really see Miller staying in the organization past this season. I think AV's going to try and push to package him in some sort of trade.

I don't agree with this at all. The Rangers are clearly very high on Miller. He had some sort of issue which we weren't made privy to during the season. Something clearly to do with maturity.

He actually played rather well in his last two stints. Certainly NHL caliber. They have shown with their signings this year, that they clearly expect him to make the step. I don't see him being moved in any sort of package.

On top of that, the fact that they wanted him in the lineup in the playoffs also speaks volumes. And had he not been injured by the dirty cross check from Emelin, AV even said he would have been playing while the Brass/Stepan were out with injuries.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
considering Pouliot was UFA and Brassard RFA, this contract makes Pouliot's one look good.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about terms.. expect Brassard to be gone long before the end of this ****** contract.

What? Brassard is making 1 million more than Pouliot per year and Brass is actually a good hockey player.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
that's the key. Management has done a decent job finding good young talent, who despite still being young, are coming into their UFA years and are demanding more money. The next wave may be there, but they are a step behind where I think the organization needs them to be and the lack of a #1 pick three years in a row could have an impact unless, of course, they found gems in the later rounds.

The Rangers need Buchnevich and Duclair to become NHL players. At least one of them. I think Skjei will play in the NHL. He will be a better pro than college player and was really good last season. McIlrath. The Rangers get lucky with one of the college free agent signings like Haggerty. One of the Swedes-Lindberg or Fast.

Hopefully,Miller establishes himself as a regular NHL player. The Rangers can roll with Stepan,Brassard and Miller in the middle. Miller signs a 2 year bridge contract next summer.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The Rangers need Buchnevich and Duclair to become NHL players. At least one of them. I think Skjei will play in the NHL. He will be a better pro than college player and was really good last season. McIlrath. The Rangers get lucky with one of the college free agent signings like Haggerty. One of the Swedes-Lindberg or Fast.

Hopefully,Miller establishes himself as a regular NHL player. The Rangers can roll with Stepan,Brassard and Miller in the middle. Miller signs a 2 year bridge contract next summer.

Buch is pretty much a 2nd line winger in a top 3 league and he's what 19

Duc had an awesome season, but I don't know what he was like after the concussion. Anyone have that info?

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Pretty risky to pencil in Miller as a 2 or 3C when the guy hasn't proven a thing at the NHL level - other than he spot in for wingers that get injured here and there. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out for him and the NYR, but there's a reason Sather & Co. took a flier on a guy like Lombardi - in case Miller continues to befuddle NYR management. This is Miller time (lol) but if he stumbles out of the gate or has a crap training camp, lookout for Lombardi.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Pretty risky to pencil in Miller as a 2 or 3C when the guy hasn't proven a thing at the NHL level - other than he spot in for wingers that get injured here and there. Don't get me wrong, I hope it works out for him and the NYR, but there's a reason Sather & Co. took a flier on a guy like Lombardi - in case Miller continues to befuddle NYR management. This is Miller time (lol) but if he stumbles out of the gate or has a crap training camp, lookout for Lombardi.

I really doubt Lombardi can be a 3C. I think, like Moore, he could probably pinch and play up a line when needed, but over a full season I think Miller is our best bet. The kid has Dubi-Kesler potential. If he manages to find his game this season he could be a huge asset.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I really doubt Lombardi can be a 3C. I think, like Moore, he could probably pinch and play up a line when needed, but over a full season I think Miller is our best bet. The kid has Dubi-Kesler potential. If he manages to find his game this season he could be a huge asset.

Lombardi was a 1C in Phoenix. If he has his legs and stays injury free, he most certainly can be a 3C at this point in his career.

But, yeah, I'd rather have Miller be a resounding success than Lombardi staging a nice comeback. Hell, I'd prefer both.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Lombardi was a 1C in Phoenix. If he has his legs and stays injury free, he most certainly can be a 3C at this point in his career.

But, yeah, I'd rather have Miller be a resounding success than Lombardi staging a nice comeback. Hell, I'd prefer both.

That says more about Phoenix than it does about Lombo. Also it seems like he's not the same player that he was in Phoenix. Hoping for him and Moore to carry our 4th line.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Buch is pretty much a 2nd line winger in a top 3 league and he's what 19

Duc had an awesome season, but I don't know what he was like after the concussion. Anyone have that info?

The concussion ended his season, it came very late though. I think there was like 8 games left.

Quebec lost to Rouyn-Noranda in 5. With Duclair that's a fairly winnable series.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The disgusting underrating on the main boards is almost making me like this contract.

Overpaid as he might be, you'd think we just signed Mike Rupp.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad