News: Brandon Montour confirms turning down big offer from Toronto

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019

“There were conversations [with the Maple Leafs],” Montour said. “When I looked at the roster and myself, I thought I could definitely help and it was intriguing. But there’s a lot that goes into [free agency] with my family and what they need as well as business decisions.”

Some are saying that the Leafs offered Montour 7 years at 7M per. OEL was the Leafs second option.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Reactions: Oilslick941611

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017

Some are saying that the Leafs offered Montour 7 years at 7M per. OEL was the Leafs second option.
Some others are saying that it never got to the point of an offer. Montour did not confirm or deny anything.

Reactions: Glacious

Pucklington

Zum Bäcker.
Mar 24, 2008
Köln
It's amazing that the media turns non Leafs stories into Leafs stories.

seattle/washington doesn't have income tax tho. he can take the 4 hour drive to oregon for shopping (with no sales tax) once a week.
I'm not sure a multi-million dollar athlete cares about sales tax, let alone driving 4 hours to avoid it...

Unless you are joking.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
My guess is he knew he wouldn't live up to the contract and would be attacked by their fans and media

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Yes there may have been interest. Dont believe for a sec that Leafs offered 7 million or close. We just can't with our cap. Probably offered same money as OEL but we had to turn it down because of Seattle offer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad