Confirmed with Link: Brandon Coe re-signed to 1 year deal

mogambomoroo

Sponsor
Oct 12, 2020
I remember when I used to put him in projected 1st or 2nd line RW back in the days... oh those days and how much I've learned after that haha.
But to be honest there wasn't much around to project, so Coe with his size looked pretty good compared to a lot of the other '20 draftees.

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
Todd Marchant had interesting comments about Coe in the prospects interview with SJHN saying that Coe had only recently started playing the way the org wanted him to play and was now finding more success. Coe had previously been playing a juniors style game but was now starting to shift to a more professional game and was seeing better results. I guess we will see if he can continue to develop a professional style game.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Todd Marchant had interesting comments about Coe in the prospects interview with SJHN saying that Coe had only recently started playing the way the org wanted him to play and was now finding more success. Coe had previously been playing a juniors style game but was now starting to shift to a more professional game and was seeing better results. I guess we will see if he can continue to develop a professional style game.

You could see it at rare times last season. He goes to the net more often, he'll throw the body, he's more willing to get involved in some of the post-whistle stuff. There just needs to be more of that, lots more.

Basically, Coe needs to stop disappearing for long stretches of time. I'd like another winger for the Barracuda in part because I'm skeptical he's going to have a jump in offensive production.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
You could see it at rare times last season. He goes to the net more often, he'll throw the body, he's more willing to get involved in some of the post-whistle stuff. There just needs to be more of that, lots more.

Basically, Coe needs to stop disappearing for long stretches of time. I'd like another winger for the Barracuda in part because I'm skeptical he's going to have a jump in offensive production.
I think that this is my take as well. Not only would he have to commit to this new way of playing, but even if he does so what's his ceiling? NHL journeyman? Ultimately you don't like that it took 1.5+ years for him to start taking advice.

Reactions: Hangemhigh and Cas

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I remember watching this guy in juniors straight up bullying his way to the net. I wasn’t that surprised that he didn’t translate to the pros.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Two seasons removed from 100+ point season in junior and still only 22 years old.

Imagine the adjustment from pure scorer to the more harder edge game he will be expected to play in the NHL takes time.

Will be interesting to see how he meshes with the high-end forwards sliding into the Sharks lineup the next year.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
I always did prefer Scott Reedy to him. Coe is not going to play meaner or bigger, he doesn't have it. I do miss Reedy.

Reedy played just 12 games with AHL Texas last year due to injury and is currently available as an unrestricted free agent. The Sharks could have signed him if he is healthy.

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
Reedy played just 12 games with AHL Texas last year due to injury and is currently available as an unrestricted free agent. The Sharks could have signed him if he is healthy.

He'd be nice to have but we've got so many forwards right now that we can't sign him and I hope Gushchin fights hard for a spot. And if we do sign a free agent guy I would like Jayden Halbgewachs. I I think our team is actually too big and Reedy is big and what da heck how did my typing suddenly turn into italicized well anyways...

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
He'd be nice to have but we've got so many forwards right now that we can't sign him and I hope Gushchin fights hard for a spot. And if we do sign a free agent guy I would like Jayden Halbgewachs. I I think our team is actually too big and Reedy is big and what da heck how did my typing suddenly turn into italicized well anyways...
Halbgewachs?

Played just 15 games for Frolunda (including four in the Spengler.Cup) and played for a team called.the Milestone Flyers in a league I didn't know existed last year.

Signed with Kunlun in the KHL which is basically a collection of players squeezing out one last contract or junior players on loan from the better clubs in Russia. Doesn't generally lead to an NHL roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad