NFL: Brandon Aiyuk requests trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
I get it. He wants to get paid, but he also doesn't want to have to go to a shit team where his numbers will suck and there is no hope of making the playoffs any time soon.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Pitt has a long track record of finding top notch WR talent in the draft. AB, Wallace, Ward. But, are also known for their diva WR attitude, with Claypool and Pickens the most recent.

But, maybe with their WR room, they are also able to send a WR back to SF to give them depth.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Man if you're not getting a first out of this, i feel like you're better off just riding it out and letting Aiyuk walk to free agency.

Man wants to get paid now, who knows if he f***s up with an injury this season.

Secure the bag mentality now, worry about stuff later.

Reactions: Voight

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Man wants to get paid now, who knows if he f***s up with an injury this season.

Secure the bag mentality now, worry about stuff later.
Sample for Cincy tore his Achillies. Williams in Dallas tore his ACL. Any other serious injuries so far in camp?

I mean, we just saw Gallup retire and he tore his ACL in the final year of his contract and still got paid by Dallas. Godwin of TB also tore his ACL and then got tagged twice before getting a 3 year deal for $60 mill with $40 mill in guarantees.

Guys want the security before they ball out for the team. It's how it goes.

As for the return for Aiyuk, not sure if SF wants a WR from Pitt. Pickens, based on his non desire to block doesn't fit SF's philosophy. Austin is a small speedster. Van Jefferson is a young veteran. Don't recognize the rest of the Pitt WR group.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Man if you're not getting a first out of this, i feel like you're better off just riding it out and letting Aiyuk walk to free agency.

If your plan is to win a championship, 100%.

Purdy is a decent QB but he isn't "make mediocre wide receivers look good" level of QB.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If your plan is to win a championship, 100%.

Purdy is a decent QB but he isn't "make mediocre wide receivers look good" level of QB.
I think that second line is way too vague to have much meaning. I mean, what is a mediocre wide receiver and what does them looking good look like? And how do you quantify how the QB makes a receiver look for that sort of purpose? Is there even enough data out there where Purdy has thrown to what would be classified as mediocre in Purdy's career to determine if he actually is that good or not?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Niners aren't trading him, he's going to the Pats, he's going to the Steelers, actually he's staying with the Niners.....Please just get something done so it can end. It's not like we're talking about Justin Jefferson here.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Niners want 2 first round picks plus. Not going to happen.
Aiyuk has no cheap rookie years left, which Ramsay and J. Adams had as DBs.
Aiyuk is younger than D. Adams, who landed a 1st and 2nd, but at least LV knew where those picks were and Adams is a top 3 WR on anyone's list.

Feels like this contract situation with Aiyuk really heated up after SF gave CMC new money (when he had term on his contract) and when the WR market took off when JJ and others got new deals. SF, was unrealistic thinking they could just keep Aiyuk on the 5th year option and have him be happy about it.

Aiyuk needs to Prioritize what he wants. Either it's the money, winning, stats, etc. And finalize a contract before the season as he's under contract due to the 5th year option.

Reactions: Blitzkrug

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Dude is trying to have his cake and eat it too.

As Streethawk said, Aiyuk needs to pick a lane and stay in it. You're not getting everything you want, so you better settle on either the money (which it seems like the Niners will give you) or a fresh start on a team that is likely not as good as the Niners.

I'm all for dudes trying to get the bag too.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
So where does he want to go? Green Bay?
Make up your mind man.
If i had to guess, he's trying to get to a team that's at least as a playoff contender. Pittsburgh might not be a super bowl favorite, but they're about as sure as sure can get for at least getting in to the postseason.

New England and even Cleveland with their QB issues? not so much.

Edit: Or the other theory i saw is he actually doesn't want to go anywhere and he's using this to try and force San Fran into blinking on an extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad