NFL: Brandon Aiyuk requests trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
I heard that the Steelers and 49ers have agreed to trade parameters, but the 49ers might have an offer to keep Aiyuk as well, I read it somewhere, don't recall where

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I heard that the Steelers and 49ers have agreed to trade parameters, but the 49ers might have an offer to keep Aiyuk as well, I read it somewhere, don't recall where

Been in a bunch of places. Garofolo's latest was that 49ers and Aiyuk were close with only one major stumbling block left.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
And Browns media folks are saying they're being told the trade talk was never as close as it was reported because the Browns weren't going to pay what Aiyuk wanted. Speculation is the 49ers oversold it to try to get other teams to up their offers.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Been in a bunch of places. Garofolo's latest was that 49ers and Aiyuk were close with only one major stumbling block left.

Yeah, no I was being an asshole because the previous 3 or 4 posts were exactly the same thing, and not even like within a few minutes of each other, one even posting the same stuff twice

Reactions: Peat

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah, no I was being an asshole because the previous 3 or 4 posts were exactly the same thing, and not even like within a few minutes of each other, one even posting the same stuff twice

Continue the good work :laugh:

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
So many confusing things about this situation. The teams have supposedly been close to a trade for about a week now, but nothing's been done.

He wants money, but also wants to be on a contender. It seems SF offered him decent money from all reports, but he didn't want to take their offer. The Steelers generally don't pay receivers big money, so I'm not confident they'd have offered him a richer contract than whatever SF has, and SF is obviously much closer to contending for a Super Bowl than Pittsburgh.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Jesus how long is this going to drag on?

At this point if i'm San Fran i'm trying to get the more pressing of the two holdouts done in Trent Williams. We haven't seen what the Niners offense looks like with Aiyuk but with the weapons they have it would probably be a smooth transition. We have however seen what happens if Williams goes down with injury, and the difference is pretty stark.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Jesus how long is this going to drag on?

At this point if i'm San Fran i'm trying to get the more pressing of the two holdouts done in Trent Williams. We haven't seen what the Niners offense looks like with Aiyuk but with the weapons they have it would probably be a smooth transition. We have however seen what happens if Williams goes down with injury, and the difference is pretty stark.

Trent Williams high maintenance lifestyle gonna f*** him up if he don’t get that monster contract.

As for Aiyuk, he wants the cheddar now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Trent Williams high maintenance lifestyle gonna f*** him up if he don’t get that monster contract.

As for Aiyuk, he wants the cheddar now.
It is typically the skilled positions or those who make the hi-lites that typically get into trouble with money/lifestyle. Don't really see that with OL. He could make $30 mill per in each of the next 2 seasons, but unless he changes his ways, that will be gone before he hits 50.

SF is going to ultimately get something done with Trent. he knows that they need him more than Aiyuk.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I think the Lamb contract is an interesting wrench. SF isn't paying him that money, and it sounds like he thinks that's the money he deserves. But what other team is trading for him only to turn around and pay him that kind of money?

Reactions: AtlantaWhaler

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I think the Lamb contract is an interesting wrench. SF isn't paying him that money, and it sounds like he thinks that's the money he deserves. But what other team is trading for him only to turn around and pay him that kind of money?
The problem with that thinking is Lamb legit one of the best WRs in the game. I'm not saying Aiyuk is a plug or anything, but he's on a team where he at some points is the third option with how they like to deploy McCaffery all over the field.

teams aren't giving you #1 WR money when you haven't been a true #1

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The problem with that thinking is Lamb legit one of the best WRs in the game. I'm not saying Aiyuk is a plug or anything, but he's on a team where he at some points is the third option with how they like to deploy McCaffery all over the field.

teams aren't giving you #1 WR money when you haven't been a true #1
No other club has a McCaffery. Closest was Kamara and then maybe Cook at their peak. That's just the way SF runs their Offense. Kittle, unlike Kelce isn't the first option either.

At this point though, if I'm SF, I'd tell Aiyuk, time to make up your mind. This is our final offer. You can still take the trade to those other clubs, assuming any are still on the table. SF just needs to make up their mind and give the ultimatum. This much to stay here, otherwise, you should take the trade elsewhere. No point in you missing game checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad