Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
What I like about Tkachuk is that he not only agitates but scores. If he's not scoring he's helping out in front of the net for other players to get a scoring chance.

Last edited:
Reactions: aragorn and DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
As most media/scouts predicted, we are all falling in love with this player. Holy smokes does ever brings smiles to our faces as Sens fans.

That shoulder to Malkin was friggin' priceless... 19 and playing against a HHOFer for the first time and he gives him that kind of knock, friggin' priceless.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
As most media/scouts predicted, we are all falling in love with this player. Holy smokes does ever brings smiles to our faces as Sens fans.

That shoulder to Malkin was friggin' priceless... 19 and playing against a HHOFer for the first time and he gives him that kind of knock, friggin' priceless.
Speak for yourself. Not even close to falling in love with this player.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
As an apparent "Tkachuk hater" (someone who had him in their top 10 but not top 4), I'm not about to admit I was wrong about him being the BPA where we took him after 9 freakin' games.

That question will be settled in 3-5YRs. It's far too early to call anyone out for doubting him, just as it would be too early to call him a bust or a bad pick if he was doing poorly.

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
As an apparent "Tkachuk hater" (someone who had him in their top 10 but not top 4), I'm not about to admit I was wrong about him being the BPA where we took him after 9 freakin' games.

That question will be settled in 3-5YRs. It's far too early to call anyone out for doubting him, just as it would be too early to call him a bust or a bad pick if he was doing poorly.
I am not saying you specifically would have done so, but you just know there would be so much hatred towards management and Tkachuk if he did nothing in these first 9 games.

It is too early to say how he will do, but it is a bit of a lesson that people should just keep quiet when their team makes a draft pick. 95% of the critics of the pick would have never seen any of the prospects play games. Most fans should not judge draft picks.

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
I think we can easily call out those who called him a Chris Neil Lawson Crouse Lazar 2.0 Maroon no skill career bottom 6er.

Wanting another player is different than being laughably critical - making some look like absolute fools

Tkachuk is awesome, we all win

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Fyi yesterday i spoke personally with a Washington Capitals scout. (Albeit a pro scout), but he told me the Caps had Brady rated #3. He did however say some teams had him ranked #2!

I was lucky enough to have a private invitation to a Stanley cup party with him. Super cool!

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
My one error and im kicking myself was to ask if he knew if Ottawa had Brady ranked #2 as well. Often other teams know each otjers boards especially so post draft.

Would have solved the Brady and Svechnikov question we all had.

Something tells me we would have gone with Brady regardless

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Fyi yesterday i spoke personally with a Washington Capitals scout. (Albeit a pro scout), but he told me the Caps had Brady rated #3. He did however say some teams had him ranked #2!

I was lucky enough to have a private invitation to a Stanley cup party with him. Super cool!

Thanks for the info.

He was ranked #3 on some pretty mainstream lists, so that isn't all that outlandish. #2 is interesting though.

Reactions: DJB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Thanks for the info.

He was ranked #3 on some pretty mainstream lists, so that isn't all that outlandish. #2 is interesting though.

I just think there has been too much chatter from Dorion talking about quality people, leadership and all. Im definitely connecting dots here though and assuming we had him ranked #2

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
Speak for yourself. Not even close to falling in love with this player.
You are by far the most negative poster on the sens board that I've seen. Always talking about how Stone and Duch are leaving and how the Sens are gonna be bottom 5 this year because it's unsustainable. And now you don't like Tkachuk to boot? Lighten up.

Reactions: xVolchenkov

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Ditto. Still early to call. I really, really, really don't like the idea of setting expectations so high and anointing the kid with less than two months of pro games under his belt.

But, at this point, if he stays at the level he's at right now, I'll be relatively happy with the pick.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Ditto. Still early to call. I really, really, really don't like the idea of setting expectations so high and anointing the kid with less than two months of pro games under his belt.

But, at this point, if he stays at the level he's at right now, I'll be relatively happy with the pick.

Relatively happy? Jesus man, tone down the high praise a bit!

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You are by far the most negative poster on the sens board that I've seen. Always talking about how Stone and Duch are leaving and how the Sens are gonna be bottom 5 this year because it's unsustainable. And now you don't like Tkachuk to boot? Lighten up.
I didn't say i don't like Brady.

I call it as I see it with regards to this franchise.

Feel free to disagree, but please don't tell me how to be a fan.

devbouz12

Eugene's dad
Jan 15, 2012
I didn't say i don't like Brady.

I call it as I see it with regards to this franchise.

Feel free to disagree, but please don't tell me how to be a fan.
Fair enough. After the past year, I understand why fans would have a negative outlook. I guess I'm more of a dreamer and you're a realist.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Relatively happy? Jesus man, tone down the high praise a bit!

lol, never get too high, never get too low. (Yes, I know, haha...but trying to keep an even keel here.)

Just a little worried that folks are starting to set really high expectations for both Tkachuk and Batherson after their great starts. Both these kids are legit...but let's not be penciling them in as 1st liners yet. If there get there, awesome! But if they become solid 2nd liners, that's amazing, too.

I don't want folks to feel a letdown, if they "only" become 2nd line guys....you know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad