Player Discussion Brady Tkachuk: Episode 4 - A new hope

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
i've been meaning to say this for a while but I sort of feel like tkachuk is being overrated a little...any one else feel this way?

Yup. He's been all around the net (as expected), but hasn't done anything impressive with the puck yet that would make me think he's an offensive star in the making.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Doing everything away from the puck, absolutely nothing with the puck, makes me a bit concerned
He is never going to be the player that carries the puck in ,his skills were always based on what he does along the wall down low and in front of the net....He will be a possession beast in the O zone that produces from being close to the net...

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
He is never going to be the player that carries the puck in ,his skills were always based on what he does along the wall down low and in front of the net....He will be a possession beast in the O zone that produces from being close to the net...

I know he is only 19 and will get better and stronger, but right now, currently, he seems too weak and is never in control. I thought he had slick hands uptight around the net with good stick-handling moves. The 2 goals he missed up tight did leave a bad taste in my mouth, last night.

He needs to dial down a bit, at least for this season, give himself some space and room to actually handle the puck. He is too damn weak for the way he is crashing the net. the 2 goals he missed is because he is never in control of himself, due to lack of strength

All he is doing is falling and bouncing around, and completely disengaged with Stone and White

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I know he is only 19 and will get better and stronger, but right now, currently, he seems too weak and is never in control. I thought he had slick hands uptight around the net with good stick-handling moves. The 2 goals he missed up tight did leave a bad taste in my mouth, last night.

He needs to dial down a bit, at least for this season, give himself some space and room to actually handle the puck. He is too damn weak for the way he is crashing the net. the 2 goals he missed is because he is never in control of himself, due to lack of strength

All he is doing is falling and bouncing around, and completely disengaged with Stone and White
Yep he does need to hone some parts of his game,and hit the gym ...He will learn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

Good points and he is a little bit on the weak side, even though the numbers say otherwise. Maybe he will just be like Hartnell for fell nearly every shift!

But, those two goals he missed, I would argue that no one would have got those goals except Brady. He would be the only person on the team that would ever score those goals because of his hockey sense and his willingness to fight for that space. Tim Kerr.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Good points and he is a little bit on the weak side, even though the numbers say otherwise. Maybe he will just be like Hartnell for fell nearly every shift!

But, those two goals he missed, I would argue that no one would have got those goals except Brady. He would be the only person on the team that would ever score those goals because of his hockey sense and his willingness to fight for that space. Tim Kerr.
Loved him,but I hope Brady doesnt have the same injury issues as him ...Jesus that man got beat down hard

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Absolutely love just about everything to do with Brady's game. Obviously a key building block for the franchise moving forward. Tough players that can play hockey are a dying breed. Be glad you've got this kid. With that said, how much do we add to nylander for him? i kid i kid.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I just LOVE Brady. Every time hes on the ice you naturally follow him. Hes very clever when he passes i counted at least three intelligent and clever passes breaking out and in the neutral zone last night.

Hes obviously making his living in front of the net and look at the havoc he causes at 19. Just wait until he fills out and becomes immovable in from of the net. Such quick hands too.

Love that hes relentless on the puck in the o zone. Constantly battling and hes sneaky in how he "falls" or accidentally crashes players or himself into the goalie. Hes such a prick and I LOVE him!!!

:)

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I just LOVE Brady. Every time hes on the ice you naturally follow him. Hes very clever when he passes i counted at least three intelligent and clever passes breaking out and in the neutral zone last night.

Hes obviously making his living in front of the net and look at the havoc he causes at 19. Just wait until he fills out and becomes immovable in from of the net. Such quick hands too.

Love that hes relentless on the puck in the o zone. Constantly battling and hes sneaky in how he "falls" or accidentally crashes players or himself into the goalie. Hes such a prick and I LOVE him!!!

Me too ,gives us an edge ...Wish we could find another just like him

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

My teenager wants a Tkachuk jersey for Christmas!

Reactions: DJB

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Imagine if Tkachuk develops Boro's strength. Boro is pretty strong and I could see him giving tkachuk some weight lifting tips. Tkachuk with Boro's strength would be a monster that hopefully we get to see

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
He’a a beauty.

Don't get me wrong because I love it too, but what the heck is Boro doing there? Isn't that one of his roles on the team? Yet he skates right passed Abdelkader and let's a rookie deal with it :banghead:

Brownie points for BT and (more) negative brownie points for Boro.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I just hope he doesn't get himself badly injured before he's strong enough to hold his ground and play to the full extent of his abilities.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Don't get me wrong because I love it too, but what the heck is Boro doing there? Isn't that one of his roles on the team? Yet he skates right passed Abdelkader and let's a rookie deal with it :banghead:

Brownie points for BT and (more) negative brownie points for Boro.

He was getting the loose puck and trying to break it out of our end? Look what happened in the Tampa game when they ignored the play after Duchene leveled Kucharov late in the game. He took the number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad